AKNES|GuliKit, KK3 Max, lottery registration begins. (20 people)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By the way, with a little of leeching I manage to download firmware 2.6 from GuliKit site, so the Download resource now have firmware from version 2.6 to 3.1 !!!!!!!
Maybe place all of the firmware versions into one archive, so it can be possible to downgrade if any further issues occur.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I recently learn the History section of downloads:

1706897788644.png

And there you can download older versions:
1706897936522.png

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

Sinistrado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, on the Firmware 3.1 changelog you can read:

Based on user feedback, adjustments are made to the back button mapping. Now, when setting up back button mapping, it no longer needs to follow the rapid-fire function of the front buttons. This allows for front buttons to have rapid-fire functionality while the back button mapping retains the long-press function. Players can freely choose between using long-press or rapid-fire functionality in games.

So is the correct behavior.

you now can download versions 2.9, 3.0 & 3.1 firmware version from:
https://gbatemp.net/download/gulikit-kk3-max-ns39-firmware.38417/
Post automatically merged:

I just uploaded the firmsres 2.9, 3.0 & 3.1 here on GBTemp on the download section.
Well that’s the intended behavior and I understand the thinking behind it which sounds useful to have one set of buttons with turbo and another without it, but I would prefer if it was selectable and independent of the binding process instead of being hard locked from being able to put turbo on the back paddles altogether.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well that’s the intended behavior and I understand the thinking behind it which sounds useful to have one set of buttons with turbo and another without it, but I would prefer if it was selectable and independent of the binding process instead of being hard locked from being able to put turbo on the back paddles altogether.
I think should be a feature you can turn on, turn off.

Also a PC or phone app to edit the APG will be great!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Firmware 3.2 has been released forGuliKit KK3, available on https://gbatemp.net/download/gulikit-kk3-max-ns39-firmware.38417/

Release notes:

GuliKit KK3 MAX NS39 V3.2 Firmware​

Changelog​

1. Add 3 kinds of joystick star ring lighting effects. Setting is still made with the "Set button + D-pad left button". Star ring lighting modes are: Default steady on, Joystick-activated flowing lighting, Vibration -activated lighting, Trigger -activated flowing lighting, Off.
  2. Fixed an issue where certain controllers cannot be started after upgrade for the first time.

Upgrade Method:​

1. With the controller powered off, connect it to the computer using the provided USB cable.
  2. Press and hold the APG button(double-square icon button) on the controller, then press A button to power it on. A "GuliKit" USB drive will appear on the computer.
  3. After extracting the downloaded upgrade firmware file, copy the corresponding "***.bin" file to the root directory of the USB drive.
After a few seconds, the upgrade will be completed, and the controller will automatically power off.
The USB drive will disappear from the computer, indicating that the upgrade is finished.

Note: The controller will automatically power off after the upgrade is completed. Do not unplug the USB cable before that.
If you do not need to upgrade, you can long-press the Mode button to turn off the controller and then press the Mode button again to power it on to exit the upgrade mode and resume normal operation.
After the upgrade is completed, it is recommended to calibrate the joysticks on the controller. With the controller powered on, simultaneously press and hold the "L, R, D-pad Left, and A" buttons for 6 seconds.
Then fully move the left and right joysticks in complete circles for several times. The controller will vibrate once to indicate that calibration is complete.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Firmware for Gulikit KK3 Max updated to 3.3

https://gbatemp.net/download/gulikit-kk3-max-ns39-firmware.38417/

Some news:

GuliKit KK3 MAX NS39 V3.3 Firmware​

Changelog​

1. Refined the trigger mechanism to enable faster and more accurate triggering in digital trigger mode.
  2. Fixed the problem where the controller would enter APG sharing mode when power on if the USB cable was not disconnected after flashing the firmware on XINPUT mode.
  3. Fixed the problem where the controller would have USB cable disconnected on XINPUT wired mode when setting the joystick star-ring lighting mode.
Post automatically merged:

by the way @AKNES , how is going the raffle? and Happy New Year!!!

Reactions: AKNES

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firmware for Gulikit KK3 Max updated to 3.3

1. Refined the trigger mechanism to enable faster and more accurate triggering in digital trigger mode.

Have you tried this out? How does it compare with previous versions?
This sounds like something that needs to be fixed in hardware - various folks on Reddit have been gluing plastic shims onto the lever inside the case to reduce the pre-travel before the lever makes contact with the tact switch. Does this update maybe bypass the tact switch and send the pressed signal when the analog value reaches some low threshold?

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Have you tried this out? How does it compare with previous versions?
This sounds like something that needs to be fixed in hardware - various folks on Reddit have been gluing plastic shims onto the lever inside the case to reduce the pre-travel before the lever makes contact with the tact switch. Does this update maybe bypass the tact switch and send the pressed signal when the analog value reaches some low threshold?
Ok, I just tested.

On firmware 3.1 and .32 if you slide the lever to enable the digital trigger, THE FIRST TIME you press the trigger just until you touch the lever which presses the digital button the input reads 15-20:
1708721303431.png

but after the digital click is pressed the trigger input remains 0 until your press full the digital switch and then jumps to 255.

On firmware 3.3 when you select the digital trigger mode and full press the trigger for the first time now the input goes to 255 even before you touch the lever and obviously before you click the digital switch.

basically now on firmware 3.3. when you move the slider to digital and uses it successful for the first time the hardware button is render redundant and the button is sensed by the minuscule movement of the trigger so the button is "pressed"
much before you actually click the hardware button, it's a (clever?) solution, because as you tell the only real solution is hardware modification.

Reactions: emcintosh and AKNES

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto