AKNES|GuliKit, KK3 Max, lottery registration begins. (20 people)

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
is not included on the user manual nor the GuliKit page?

Is a very nice information, tested and work like a charm. the NFC sensor is between sticks and the waking function is pressing home button for 3 seconds when controller is ON or turning the controller on using home button.
This was added after we discovered this function.
GuliKit I don't know why it is not mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Sinistrado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there I was looking for some help with this controller, and I found this thread after some searching. For the last couple of days I have been enjoying this controller very much and I decided to update the firmware. However, that seems to have changed the way back button binding works so that it does not copy the turbo function - as noted in the change notes. Now being able to have two sets of buttons with and without turbo sounds very handy, but I would still like to add turbo functionality to the back buttons when I choose so. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to do that now since the turbo function doesn’t simply carry over from when you bind them to a turbo’d face button.

I have looked for an updated manual, but I wasn’t able to find anything earlier and I was hoping someone here could help me figure it out. I may be missing something obvious but I’m not the brightest person sometimes and this isn’t spelled out in the color coded manual lol

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi there I was looking for some help with this controller, and I found this thread after some searching. For the last couple of days I have been enjoying this controller very much and I decided to update the firmware. However, that seems to have changed the way back button binding works so that it does not copy the turbo function - as noted in the change notes. Now being able to have two sets of buttons with and without turbo sounds very handy, but I would still like to add turbo functionality to the back buttons when I choose so. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to do that now since the turbo function doesn’t simply carry over from when you bind them to a turbo’d face button.

I have looked for an updated manual, but I wasn’t able to find anything earlier and I was hoping someone here could help me figure it out. I may be missing something obvious but I’m not the brightest person sometimes and this isn’t spelled out in the color coded manual lol
I just consulted GuliKit on this issue, and they said that they currently only support providing different function combinations of front button/back button, that is, the back button can only retain the long-press function.

Sinistrado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just consulted GuliKit on this issue, and they said that they currently only support providing different function combinations of front button/back button, that is, the back button can only retain the long-press function.
Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure I understand, but I do want the long press function on a back button. So how do I activate that? If I apply a long press rapid fire to a face button like A button and map that button to G1, it does not retain that rapid fire.

Reactions: AKNES

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure I understand, but I do want the long press function on a back button. So how do I activate that? If I apply a long press rapid fire to a face button like A button and map that button to G1, it does not retain that rapid fire.
I previously replied to you based on the firmware instructions and GuliKit's reply.
I was just testing it myself, and it seems that I also discovered this problem. Please wait, I will confirm with GuliKit first, and then I will reply to you. It may take until tomorrow.
Apologize for the inconvenience!

Reactions: Veho and impeeza

Sinistrado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I previously replied to you based on the firmware instructions and GuliKit's reply.
I was just testing it myself, and it seems that I also discovered this problem. Please wait, I will confirm with GuliKit first, and then I will reply to you. It may take until tomorrow.
Apologize for the inconvenience!
Thank you so much! I will be eager to read any update on this

Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you so much! I will be eager to read any update on this
Hello,
I know how it goes.

Previous firmware:
If you set the A button to be Turbo/Auto-Turbo, then the mapped back button is also Turbo/Auto-Turbo.

Latest firmware:
If you set the A button to be Turbo/Auto-Turbo, the mapped back button will have no function and will be an ordinary A button.
The purpose of this update is that if you want to get turbo/Auto-turbo, then you press the A button on the front. If you don’t want to get the functions mentioned above, then you press the A button on the back.

In addition, if you map Z/ZL, and if you turn on the auxiliary aiming function at the same time, then the Z/ZL on the back button will also retain the auxiliary aiming function.
In other words, the above firmware update will only take effect on the Turbo/Auto-turbo function.

I describe it this way, can you understand it?

Reactions: impeeza and Veho

Sinistrado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I know how it goes.

Previous firmware:
If you set the A button to be Turbo/Auto-Turbo, then the mapped back button is also Turbo/Auto-Turbo.

Latest firmware:
If you set the A button to be Turbo/Auto-Turbo, the mapped back button will have no function and will be an ordinary A button.
The purpose of this update is that if you want to get turbo/Auto-turbo, then you press the A button on the front. If you don’t want to get the functions mentioned above, then you press the A button on the back.

In addition, if you map Z/ZL, and if you turn on the auxiliary aiming function at the same time, then the Z/ZL on the back button will also retain the auxiliary aiming function.
In other words, the above firmware update will only take effect on the Turbo/Auto-turbo function.

I describe it this way, can you understand it?
Yes, this describes the change between the old firmware and the new one. I had hoped that the new firmware still gave the option to add turbo function to either the face or the back buttons, but instead it just removed turbo function entirely from the back buttons, which I liked to use a lot. In this regard the old firmware actually suits my needs better than the new one.

If this is an issue that cannot be fixed or is not planned to be fixed in order to make the turbo function more flexible, then I would prefer to just go back to the old firmware. However, the Gulikit website has no link to download the old firmware. So do you know if this is planned to be fixed in a new firmware, or do you know where I can download the old firmware so that I can install it on my kk3?

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yes, this describes the change between the old firmware and the new one. I had hoped that the new firmware still gave the option to add turbo function to either the face or the back buttons, but instead it just removed turbo function entirely from the back buttons, which I liked to use a lot. In this regard the old firmware actually suits my needs better than the new one.

If this is an issue that cannot be fixed or is not planned to be fixed in order to make the turbo function more flexible, then I would prefer to just go back to the old firmware. However, the Gulikit website has no link to download the old firmware. So do you know if this is planned to be fixed in a new firmware, or do you know where I can download the old firmware so that I can install it on my kk3?
This should not change again.
If you want to get the old firmware, please send an email to my email to get it.
[email protected]

Sinistrado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get the old firmware, please send an email to my email to get it.
Email sent
Post automatically merged:

My friend, we are back in business! The firmware rollback worked and I can use the controller how I want again. Thank you again for all your help. It’s been a pleasure

Last edited by Sinistrado,
  • Love
Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@AKNES if you wish. Please upload the firmware to our site. It's possible for you to do and good to archive firmware incase of rollback and when the production ends.
Hi, Which website?

@slaphappygamer @impeeza Just saw you guys have been mentioned on the AKNES website.
Ah?Where?
I want to have a look
Edit: I knew where. Hahahaha!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Yes, on the Firmware 3.1 changelog you can read:

Based on user feedback, adjustments are made to the back button mapping. Now, when setting up back button mapping, it no longer needs to follow the rapid-fire function of the front buttons. This allows for front buttons to have rapid-fire functionality while the back button mapping retains the long-press function. Players can freely choose between using long-press or rapid-fire functionality in games.

So is the correct behavior.

you now can download versions 2.9, 3.0 & 3.1 firmware version from:
https://gbatemp.net/download/gulikit-kk3-max-ns39-firmware.38417/

Hi, Which website?
I just uploaded the firmsres 2.9, 3.0 & 3.1 here on GBTemp on the download section.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't know if you like We put there the older firmware for archive purposes!

I only was able to download these.
I'm definitely willing. I have compressed packages of various firmware versions that I can send to you.
In fact, I previously suggested that GuliKit put all versions of firmware on the official website, but they said they would not consider doing so, and I don't know their reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto