iQue Player hacking possibility with ique_diag.exe?

Krem Quay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and the frustrating thing is that I've been on #n64dev. A handful of members there have an iQue Player but are not interesting in cracking it.

Even this page (linked from n64dev.org) lists everything except for the iQue Player: https://jrra.zone/n64/

I wonder, what if these encrypted iQue Player games can be added on the Wii as Virtual Console titles? That might be worth something to think about

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, and the frustrating thing is that I've been on #n64dev. A handful of members there have an iQue Player but are not interesting in cracking it.

Even this page (linked from n64dev.org) lists everything except for the iQue Player: https://jrra.zone/n64/

I wonder, what if these encrypted iQue Player games can be added on the Wii as Virtual Console titles? That might be worth something to think about
if his is possible, maybe the inverse and inject gonna be possible :/

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Easy enough to try, there are tutorials for injecting. Personally, I don't think it will work as the virtual console titles are just emulators and emulators like mupen64 don't run iQue games

Edit: Also, the iQue Player isn't actually an n64. It's a plug-and-play console.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

Krem Quay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I talked to an individual (who I'll keep anonymous) about the iQue Player, and he said that glitching the system could be a possibility.

Basically what he means is the system on chip should have a reset button. Here is what he said (i don't know a handful of the jargon used here):

"Sometimes if you reset the chip while booting a lot of times really fast or during some stage of loading or code execution"
"The person doing it will need to cut a trace on the board, the light green lines under the solder mask with the copper."
"And they will need to use a beaglebone or rpi or something. And solder it to the trace to trigger resets."
"It might be on.the reset button it would have to be traced, the reset line to the chip."
"It would be good to look for a jtag interface. That might be where data would come out. Otherwise any type of ttl or uart."
"There is a chance of irreparable damage. I would say 50% or so. Also lowering the voltage may help that would require modifying the power block on the circuit board."

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I talked to an individual (who I'll keep anonymous) about the iQue Player, and he said that glitching the system could be a possibility.

Basically what he means is the system on chip should have a reset button. Here is what he said (i don't know a handful of the jargon used here):

"Sometimes if you reset the chip while booting a lot of times really fast or during some stage of loading or code execution"
"The person doing it will need to cut a trace on the board, the light green lines under the solder mask with the copper."
"And they will need to use a beaglebone or rpi or something. And solder it to the trace to trigger resets."
"It might be on.the reset button it would have to be traced, the reset line to the chip."
"It would be good to look for a jtag interface. That might be where data would come out. Otherwise any type of ttl or uart."
"There is a chance of irreparable damage. I would say 50% or so. Also lowering the voltage may help that would require modifying the power block on the circuit board."

How about trying to find a serial port first?

Krem Quay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a serial port?

And yeah, also I'm not an engineer--like I said, this was advice someone gave to me.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a serial port?

And yeah, also I'm not an engineer--like I said, this was advice someone gave to me.

It's a low level port used mainly nowadays for debug purposes. Connect it to a terminal and everything that the device is doing will be output

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ique_pcb_2.jpg

I see something like "test pads" (jtag?) in the lower part of this side of the pcb (T7, T8, T9, T10, T12, T13, T14)... if so this will be better than serial :)
source

Last edited by asper,
Reactions: Krem Quay

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Guys, let's back to the start on the simple part
the program used (on the past) to download the games and transfer to the iQue(and backup them from the iQue was possible?), if I'm not wrong we have someone that got the files for all the games available, right?
but we can't transfer them with the program to any iQue because they where bought for another, right?
We can't hack/ make another program to transfer the files we have instead? I think it would be simpler than hacking the console right now...
About injecting a game, we still can't decompress to see where are the rom, not at least rip the rom from there, right?
I think the way to be possible here is like... if I inject, for example Mario Kart over a Dr. Mario, not having both together hmmm

it's looks like a tutorial to fry the board xAx

Reactions: Subtle Demise

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, looks like they amd eit out of an GB housing +stuff XD not sure about portability like battery and stuff ... I don't know chinese OTL
Yep, ive seen that months ago. Its an lcd screen thats been rewired to work when directly into where the power and video come off of. I was going to try to do it, but I dont want to damage my only video cables.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine