Hacking Is a ps vita worth it if I have a switch?

davidgilmour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As some people said, if you are going to buy a vita, do it for vita games, and maybe PS1/PSP emulation. If you don't care about those, then don't buy it.

I don’t like any of the Vita games (except Ridge Racer) and I only bought it for emulation (mame, fba, pc engine) and I *looooooooove* it! Best d-pad ever made! Amazing oled screen!

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, a Vita is way cooler than a Switch. The game library is huge (Includes PSX, PSP, actual Vita, and PS4 Remote games), the console itself is quite portable and powerful. It all really depends on what games you want to play.

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's worth it if the price is right. I bought mine at launch to replace and retire my Japanese FF7 Anniversary PSP. Most of the Vita games I like are multi-platform indies (Shantae, Shovel Knight) but having all my PSP and PS1 games, including patched CSOs (War of the Lions is actually tolerable with some QoL patches), on the go is great. Native PS1 support is a major selling point if you're at all interested in any PS1 games. Keep in mind, anything not on the store or PKGj can still be put on a hacked system. For example, I have a UMD rip of my physical Crisis Core, converted to CSO. PS1 games can be converted from bin+cue to eboot.

TL;DR: If it won't cause financial problems and you want portable PSV/PSP/PS1 games, it is worth it.

zdotx00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As pretty much everyone else has said, if you're interested in Vita, PSP or PSX games at all then the Vita is amazing as it natively supports those things. SD2Vita is an absolute must though, I didn't even consider purchasing a vita until they became a thing.

edit: removed old info.

Last edited by zdotx00,
Reactions: gamemasteru03
D

Deleted User

As pretty much everyone else has said, if you're interested in Vita, PSP or PSX games at all then the Vita is amazing as it natively supports those things. SD2Vita is an absolute must though, I didn't even consider purchasing a vita until they became a thing. Any brand new, unopened western Vita is able to be hacked too as they stopped production before the newer firmwares. That isn't the case for Japanese vitas though.
I think you missed the recent news (h-encore)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the Vita. Even though I've been messing about with the Switch hacks a lot, if I wanted something to shove in a bag to take on a trip it would definitely be my Vita.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch is still in early PFBA, PSNES. VBA Next also LaiNes are great works and Im sure in about year lot more emulators will b 95 percent working on Switch. I still want to get PS Vita so i can play PSP and PS! on it!

Demolinizer5

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I was shopping at a store and saw a new ps PS vita slim for 120 $. I already have a hacked switch and a hacked 3ds currently though and I will be mostly buying it in order to hack it. So here is my question what can a psvita emulate and do that a hacked switch and hacked 3ds can't do and is it worth buying it?

ive had a vita since 2011 yes japanese model and tbh its all in what u want to play if u dont like any game specifically for the psvita then dont bother with it just buy a psp for the ps1 and psp stuff as u said u have a 3ds so emulation is out the window due to all the vc injectors (if its the new 3ds that is) if not then the vita could be a decent option if u like mostly indie games as first party support from sony died years ago now i would recommend getting hold of the phat model due to the oled screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Switch is still in early PFBA, PSNES. VBA Next also LaiNes are great works and Im sure in about year lot more emulators will b 95 percent working on Switch. I still want to get PS Vita so i can play PSP and PS! on it!
if u want that just buy a psp

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd get a Vita just for the Vita and PSP library.
Also, fantastic OLED screen that Nintendo can learn something off.

In all seriousness tho, if you get a phatty Vita, get a controller grip as well.
Makes the thing so much better.

Reactions: Demolinizer5

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That depends on if you want a Vita to play Vita stuff. The Vita is definitely built far better than the Switch, so there's that. The Switch in my possession is showing all of the now-common problems except for bending/warping, whereas both of my Vitas are still rock-solid (and I've been far rougher with them, though not on purpose mind you - I'm just clumsy as hell).
I'd buy a Vita over a Switch any day... except I already have two so I don't really need to do so. And before anyone accuses me of being a Sony fanboy, I'm not. I hate Sony at least as much as I hate Nintendo, but like Nintendo, I still own most of their consoles.
I'd get a Vita just for the Vita and PSP library.
Also, fantastic OLED screen that Nintendo can learn something off.

In all seriousness tho, if you get a phatty Vita, get a controller grip as well.
Makes the thing so much better.
OLED only on the original 1000 model though, and most readily-available models are 2000s. Eh, the OLED screen is better, but not by enough to recommend the 1000 over the 2000. The only reason I mainly use my original is because I have a PSVSD installed, plus I like to use real game carts instead of the SD2Vita (though I still would like to get one for my 2000). Otherwise, the 2000 has arguably better buttons, much better battery life, and it's both lighter and thinner.

Actually, the 2000 is the one I'd rather get a controller grip for, but since I've never got around to buying one for either Vita, I can't comment on them. They look like a great idea though, especially with the proper R2 and L2 support using the rear touchpad.

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
PS Vita is the best PORTABLE system ever (Switch is too large and has no d-pad).
Given what you can do with a hacked Vita, it's totally worth it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OLED only on the original 1000 model though, and most readily-available models are 2000s. Eh, the OLED screen is better, but not by enough to recommend the 1000 over the 2000. The only reason I mainly use my original is because I have a PSVSD installed, plus I like to use real game carts instead of the SD2Vita (though I still would like to get one for my 2000). Otherwise, the 2000 has arguably better buttons, much better battery life, and it's both lighter and thinner.

I like me handhelds to be a bit fatter.
Flimsy fucking tablets n phones these days, slightest movement and there's a bend in it.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita is the best PORTABLE system ever (Switch is too large and has no d-pad).
Given what you can do with a hacked Vita, it's totally worth it.

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/3/2/17071812/nintendo-switch-8bitdo-wireless-usb-adapter

I give the vita a solid, 1
the retropie a solid, 2

the ps2 a solid 1 or 2, you can play the Nintendo Switch with a PS4 Controller, that save the system from being complete trash

I wouldn't naturally consider a "Switch" purchase, but, the last nintendo console I owned was nintendo 64, and that was not very good. I might buy it, eventually, long time from now, if it get hacked or something like the vita, versus, buying a ps4 or xbox one, until the next system comes out, maybe.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...