Is anyone working on a competitor to Citra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has gotten overpopulated with people who die on the weird hill of defending incompetent developers. I got my answer. Looking for a mod to lock it.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such disgusting unwarranted entitlement. If you hate the emulator so much, how about you go and make a better one yourself?

Such disgusting unwarranted entitlement. If you hate world hunger so much, why don't you just solve it?

The fallacies of Citra defenders never cease to amaze me.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such disgusting unwarranted entitlement. If you hate world hunger so much, why don't you just solve it?

The fallacies of Citra defenders never cease to amaze me.
Great comparison, except oh wait, I'm not sitting on the sideline complaining about world hunger the whole time and demanding others do something about it, specifically creating a solution that doesn't even exist yet to the problem and assuming it's obviously the better solution. Seriously, how daft can you be?

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post a code snipped which you think could be improved?
I'm not here to make direct criticisms of Citra; I was here to ask if there was an alternative. I got my answer. You don't need to defend Citra's development team. They're not here to show you love or appreciation for any of it. In fact, they'll probably find a way to deflect everything you say and blame you for any shortcomings that they have.
Great comparison, except oh wait, I'm not sitting on the sideline complaining about world hunger the whole time and demanding others do something about it, specifically creating a solution that doesn't even exist yet to the problem and assuming it's obviously the better solution. Seriously, how daft can you be?
I never demanded anyone do anything; I just asked my question and got my answer. Nobody on the Citra development team is going to show you appreciation for defending their "hard work".

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never demanded anyone do anything; I just asked my question and got my answer. Nobody on the Citra development team is going to show you appreciation for defending their "hard work".
I'm not defending shit. I'm appreciating what we actually have and recognizing we could just as easily have nothing, as nobody in the hacking scenes owes anybody any such emulators at all. Seriously, you keep up this attitude, and you'll quickly get banned here, there is a reason you're receiving a lot of shade in this thread, and not just from me.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not demanding shit. I'm appreciating what we actually have and recognizing we could just as easily have nothing, as nobody in the hacking scenes owes anybody any such emulators at all. Seriously, you keep up this attitude, and you'll quickly get banned here, there is a reason you're receiving a lot of shade in this thread, and not just from me.

Ad populums don't really help here.

Also, isn't "better than nothing" the same excuse that was used for Mighty No. 9? My memory's a bit foggy.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
L
I'm not here to make direct criticisms of Citra; I was here to ask if there was an alternative. I got my answer. You don't need to defend Citra's development team. They're not here to show you love or appreciation for any of it. In fact, they'll probably find a way to deflect everything you say and blame you for any shortcomings that they have.

Lol I've used citra in the past time and that's how I show my grattitude. So I decide to defend the dev team. It's free, use it or leave it. I used it and I'm happy it exists. :hrth:

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ad populums don't really help here.

Also, isn't "better than nothing" the same excuse that was used for Mighty No. 9? My memory's a bit foggy.
Wow, the parallels you try and draw here are truly awful. Mighty No. 9 was sold for profit, it may have been a passion project of some sort, but there was still money driving the development and release of that game, nobody was owed that shit, but the developer still made it because they had monetary motives. The people developing emulators and releasing them for free, don't demand anything in return, they might ask for a tip, but it's never required, and the fact that you think those are therefore on the same level is telling to say the least.

Reactions: Paralel and ghjfdtg

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You said you can tell if food tastes like sh*t, what if someone gave you food for free and you didnt like it? Or it tastes bad?
You tell em "can someone give me better food? this shit sucks"

People with respect would just pass and be thankful anyway.

Reactions: Paralel and ghjfdtg

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the parallels you try and draw here are truly awful. Mighty No. 9 was sold for profit, it may have been a passion project of some sort, but there was still money driving the development and release of that game, nobody was owed that shit, but the developer still made it because they had monetary motives. The people developing emulators and releasing them for free, don't demand anything in return, they might ask for a tip, but it's never required, and the fact that you think those are therefore on the same level is telling to say the least.

So because emulators are free, they're free to be garbage and thus exempt from criticism. Got it.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because emulators are free, they're free to be garbage and thus exempt from criticism. Got it.
They're absolutely free to be "garbage" as you say, but when they're the only option and you shit on it, that's a great way to encourage others to get to work on an alternative emulator just to appease you, or to encourage that team to better your only option. Like I said, you have a fantastic sense of entitlement here.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're absolutely free to be "garbage" as you say, but when they're the only option and you shit on it, that's a great way to encourage others to get to work on an alternative emulator just to appease you, or to encourage that team to better your only option. Like I said, you have a fantastic sense of entitlement here.
They've already displayed extremely poor behavior on their end when it comes to any and all feedback that they receive in regards to their work. The default response that they give in regards to the state of things is "well why don't you contribute better?" rather than go out of their way to show some care and appreciation for their own work. Thus, I asked for another option, and I got one. There was no reason for you or any of the Citra development team's defense force to come in swooping in at supersonic speeds to defend their shoddy work when someone was simply asking for an alternative.

You tend to like to use the word "entitled" a lot as an ad hominem attack; it's not entitlement to look for an alternative solution to what is presented as the most popular option.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure the Citra developers accept legitimate criticism but not in the way you presented it here. You come across as a entitled dick. That's the whole problem others are criticising you for.

Reactions: Paralel

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They've already displayed extremely poor behavior on their end when it comes to any and all feedback that they receive in regards to their work. The default response that they give in regards to the state of things is "well why don't you contribute better?" rather than go out of their way to show some care and appreciation for their own work. Thus, I asked for another option, and I got one. There was no reason for you or any of the Citra development team's defense force to come in swooping in at supersonic speeds to defend their shoddy work when someone was simply asking for an alternative.

You tend to like to use the word "entitled" a lot as an ad hominem attack; it's not entitlement to look for an alternative solution to what is presented as the most popular option.
when someone was simply asking for an alternative.
What you actually did: Citra's kind of a grossly incompetent emulator with even more grossly incompetent people working on it
--> Insult people working on a free emulator, calling them gross and incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0