Hacking Is AutoRCM safe? What's your favorite RCM method?

Whats your favorite way to go to RCM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
as we know it, AutoRCM is purposely corrupting the boot partition so it'll boot to RCM everytime we turn on our Switch. So far its working fine without issues for me but what about long term? In OFW, wont Nintendo be able to detect that AutoRCM is enabled and ban the Switch? On the other hand a jig might damage the joycon rail hardware due to constant shorting and wear&tear. Please do share if you have a safer method. Thanks

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great on my Galaxy S8+. I like that all I have todo to get my Switch into SX OS (or launch any other RCM payload) is use my Jig, and plug a short double ended USB C cable into my phone, and the instant I plug it into my Switch in RCM mode the phone instantly sends the payload, phone doesn't even have to be unlocked or anything. Given how easy this is and I can easily carry the cable and Jig in the case for my Switch I'm glad I did not hold out for the SX Pro and just went with the SX OS only.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great on my Galaxy S8+. I like that all I have todo to get my Switch into SX OS (or launch any other RCM payload) is use my Jig, and plug a short double ended USB C cable into my phone, and the instant I plug it into my Switch in RCM mode the phone instantly sends the payload, phone doesn't even have to be unlocked or anything. Given how easy this is and I can easily carry the cable and Jig in the case for my Switch I'm glad I did not hold out for the SX Pro and just went with the SX OS only.

If you were to buy the SX OS by itself, where would you recommend going to get it? I'm curious as I've got a jig but the constant crashes with LayeredFS are starting to get to me xD

TooEazyy_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were to buy the SX OS by itself, where would you recommend going to get it? I'm curious as I've got a jig but the constant crashes with LayeredFS are starting to get to me xD

Modchipsdirect has been good to a lot of people including myself lately.

Reactions: fragged

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from Modchipsdirect.com. Keep in mind their CC processor is overseas so call your bank first to allow international charges, would have gotten my SX OS more than a day sooner if I'd known that ahead of time.

acho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Should work on just about every Android phone made in the last 3-4 years, just need a Micro USB OTG adapter and USB A to C cable, USB C OTG to A to C cable, or the best if your phone is USB C just a double ended USB C cable.
or you can also get a microusb to usb c cable for older androids

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use the autoRCM feature from SX, but, i dunno why i turn my switch off at night with the battery around 100% and so in the morning when i power it on using the usb payload injection, the battery juicr is around 40%.
So its going to RCM instead of off?
Anyone else?

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you can also get a microusb to usb c cable for older androids
A straight Micro USB to C cable will not work, Micro USB on it's own does not support OTG, you still need an apapter to make it work. USB C can handle that without one, but micro USB can't.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Got a setup on my Windows based PC and installed NXLoader on my Note 8 last night. Was adamantly against it, but I reset my system roughly 50 times a day for a couple of days.. So I installed it. Currently have it setup through SX.

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should work on just about every Android phone made in the last 3-4 years, just need a Micro USB OTG adapter and USB A to C cable, USB C OTG to A to C cable, or the best if your phone is USB C just a double ended USB C cable.

The best way to check is to download OTG checker from the Play Store on your Android device

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I backed up everything and decided to install the SX OS version of auto rcm because I do not have a jig. Everything seems to work good at the moment for me.

acho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
A straight Micro USB to C cable will not work, Micro USB on it's own does not support OTG, you still need an apapter to make it work. USB C can handle that without one, but micro USB can't.
have you personally tested it? its much simpler to use without additional adapters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k