Hacking Discussion is deja vu dead (on new units)?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You don't need to send it, but you have to have never updated above 4.1.0 without AutoRCM.

So once we use the exploit, what if i turn off my console? I need to do the exploit again, right? With what you are saying im understanding that you do it and no need for it again if im 4.1 or under.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

leo60228

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once we use the exploit, what if i turn off my console? I need to do the exploit again, right? With what you are saying im understanding that you do it and no need for it again if im 4.1 or under.
No, you need to do it every power-on. It's just stored entirely on the SD card, no external device required.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you'd need to send the exploit every time. What he's saying is that the software portion was patched in all FWs above 4.1.0, so unless you use a hardware flaw (??) you'd need to have a console <=4.1.0 to even launch it

Reactions: alexj9626

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
He said "send" a payload, that means data transfer, deja vu doesnt require data transfer.
Its all on the device.

I mean no payload for the exploit, but we do need to do the exploit everytime we turn on, or im missing something.

No, you need to do it every power-on. It's just stored entirely on the SD card, no external device required.

This, thats what i meant. Thanks

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's the same exploit, hence "there are other arbitrary writes in this code as well" in wiki description. In particular, the patch he merged causes 0x22CF2000 to be written to an IPATCH register during warmboot. This causes the bootrom to patch itself, making the warmboot firmware signature check function always return zero. (In particular, the instruction at 0x10459E is replaced with "MOVS R0, #0x0").

Last edited by SciresM,

leo60228

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you'll still need a PC around you, it's the same as Pegaswitch where it gets the exploit wirelessly
It's stand-alone as long as you have internet. Somebody else can host it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If we're above 4.1.0 are we sol?
Maybe, but that's not guaranteed. The lower the better, though; IIRC 6.0.0 fixed another part of the exploit.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's stand-alone as long as you have internet.

If I could do it 100% with no network, no soldering or connecting internal devices, no external devices, no USB, or no SD/TF card after the initial setup, I would call it a stand-alone exploit.
However, if it requires network, USB, or external devices, I would call it a tethered exploit.
If it requires soldering or connecting internal devices to the mainboard, I would call it a modchip.
If it requires SD/TF card or other modular storage device, I would mention the requirement of the SD/TF card.

Reactions: guicrith

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this sucks major balls.
So the guy snuck in a part of the deja vu chain (the warmboot bootrom exploit). This can't be a coincidence.

If we're above 4.1.0 are we sol?
Captura.PNG

Captura2.PNG

We still don't know yet. Actually, I was waiting for confirmation regarding Deja Vu before updating the Firmware Status chart.

Last edited by PolloDiablo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    hey guys
    @SylverReZ must be lurking :)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?