• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Is hydroxycloroquine really efficient at treating covid-19?

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excess deaths don't exist when the virus is unavoidable.

that statement is factually incorrect. this disease is avoidable. don't go to crowded areas, wear a mask, wash your hands.

here is everything you need to know about excess deaths, how they are counted, and why.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

excess deaths are an important metric as it shows the devastation caused by over-run ICU's and can illuminate counties and states that try to tamper with their data. looking at you Florida/Georgia. hell California had data transfer issues and it was found because the excess death metric wasn't in sync with California's stats.

here is a good visualization

TaKnfeV.png

TaKnfeV

Last edited by omgcat,
Reactions: Deleted User

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you really believe that there will be unaffected people by the time the WHO admits that Hydroxychloroquine or Sputnik V works?
Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work.

Physical distancing, mask-wearing, contact tracing, etc. can heavily reduce the risk of transmission. After a few weeks of these things, cases of infection should drop dramatically.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are plenty of much better alternatives to hydroxy anyways. Dexamethasone and Thromboprophylactics are the new standard of care and have reduced severe COVID19 deaths by a significant margin. these drugs are MUCH cheaper across the board and highly available. there are also multiple monoclonal antibody treatment entering phase III right now. If you look back to 2015, the monoclonal antibody treatment for Ebola managed to take the risk of death from 70+% down to 5-10%. If our hospitals didn't have an updated treatment plan for this virus, our daily death rate would be 4X what it currently is right now.

Reactions: Deleted User

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work.

Physical distancing, mask-wearing, contact tracing, etc. can heavily reduce the risk of transmission. After a few weeks of these things, cases of infection should drop dramatically.
So fifteen days to flatten the curve and then we can go back to normal.
Guess what, that's what was supposed to happen, and instead we've been doing this crap for five months.
there are plenty of much better alternatives to hydroxy anyways. Dexamethasone and Thromboprophylactics are the new standard of care and have reduced severe COVID19 deaths by a significant margin. these drugs are MUCH cheaper across the board and highly available. there are also multiple monoclonal antibody treatment entering phase III right now. If you look back to 2015, the monoclonal antibody treatment for Ebola managed to take the risk of death from 70+% down to 5-10%. If our hospitals didn't have an updated treatment plan for this virus, our daily death rate would be 4X what it currently is right now.
So we have a cure and we're still doing this?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So fifteen days to flatten the curve and then we can go back to normal.
Guess what, that's what was supposed to happen, and instead we've been doing this crap for five months.

So we have a cure and we're still doing this?
I'm unaware of any claims back in March that it was "fifteen days to flatten the curve and then go back to normal."

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said that just a few weeks was reasonable. Is two not "a few"?
  1. First, I mean a month or two of masks, physical distancing when possible, contact tracing, testing, etc.
  2. Second, because of failures of the Trump administration, things like mandatory masks, testing, and contact tracing are more difficult.
  3. Third, these things don't stop after a few weeks. My point was that infections should drop drastically if we did them for a few weeks, and viral spread is not an inevitability; it's a failure of leadership.
  4. You keep talking about freedom, so here's my question I asked once, but I don't think you answered it: Do you think I should be required to wear clothes in public? If yes, how do you reconcile the inconsistency?

Last edited by Lacius,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You keep talking about freedom, so here's my question I asked once, but I don't think you answered it: Do you think I should be required to wear clothes in public? If yes, how do you reconcile the inconsistency?
A pair of pants will not tug on your waist or damage your genitals. A mask will tug on your ears and poke your eyes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A pair of pants will not tug on your waist or damage your genitals. A mask will tug on your ears and poke your eyes.
What if I subjectively find pants, or clothes in general, uncomfortable?

Edit: if a mask is poking you in the eyes, you're doing it wrong. If it's actually painful, you're doing it wrong.

D

Deleted User

HCQuine + Zinc works = Game over

Helps with cancer and all kinds of other illness / diseases!

Big pharma is done!

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I subjectively find pants, or clothes in general, uncomfortable?
I've been there. Just find more comfortable clothes.
The problem with masks is that you're constantly breathing in it, and saliva and mucus can easily build up. In comparison, it's unlikely for you to wet your pants in public, much less crap them.
Edit: if a mask is poking you in the eyes, you're doing it wrong. If it's actually painful, you're doing it wrong.
Am I supposed to hang it on the inside of my ears and pull it below my nose?

D

Deleted User

There's no evidence it helps with COVID-19, and there's evidence it can actually make things worse.

There's a ton amount of evidence it works (If high level doctors isnt enough I don't know what is) - 5-10 min research will get you started.

Also the info stating it doesnt work = Some have been redacted and who do you think did the studies? Deep state = deep shit - HCQ can have negative affects if taken in high dosages - Tests did 2k MG and humans need 200mg. This was done on purpose by the very people trying to keep this hush.

Like I said its game over just a matter of time.

Red pill incoming.

Trump card in full swing.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me know when you've solved this freedom vs. the freedom of others contradiction. I don't envy your position.
Let me know when you've solved this "destroy the Coronavirus at all costs" VS. "Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work well enough despite copious amounts of evidence" contradiction. It's up to the individual to not get themselves sick.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HCQuine + Zinc works = Game over

Helps with cancer and all kinds of other illness / diseases!

Big pharma is done!

dexamthasone is $.50 per patient, and Low-molecular-weight heparin is $3.29 a day. drugs that are already proven, have low side-effect risk, and cheap and readily available. hydroxy is around $37 a pill. you seem to be all about fighting big pharma, yet are pushing a less effective, more expensive, non-generic drug. talk about shilling my dude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: