Hacking Is my PS3 hackable?

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the advice.

What would be my preference is no hardware tinkering - I have seen videos of people installing new circuit boards and melting solder etc. I am not really up to that.

But if I do a software CFW change does that mean I can't even play my actual game disks online (e.g. FiFA 14)

Am I right in assuming the ODE update is soldering and circuit board method?

My apologies if I am asking frustrating questions.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
With CFW, playing online without getting banned is a bit tricky. There are some tools to help mask the CFW online, but it's only a matter of time before your console gets flagged for banning. As far as I know, even playing retail discs on CFW can get you flagged. The tools available should be able to get you by for a while, but it's definitely not a long-term solution.

For ODEs, it will require a bit of soldering for your PS3 model yes, but it's a bit safer in terms of online play. Though as I mentioned in a previous post, Sony released a new update that helps detect ODEs and there has yet to be any updates regarding whether ODEs will be safe to use in the future.

So you're sort of stuck between CFW and having a high risk of being banned, or an ODE + waiting for an update to help bypass the risk for ban.

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for being so helpful and explaining the in's and out's to me.

I think I will hold off for the time being and review at a later date whats happening with the ODE scene.

Sorry back again, just need to clear up a point.

A shop near me offers a PS3 downgrade service.
When they have downgraded my PS3 I take it, it will be on a 3.50 or 3.40 official firmware?

If I wanted to do CFW from that point I won't need anything other than a USB stick and the relevant files to install the custom firmware on my PS3, which would allow me to play backup ISOs?

:-)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most downgraders should put you on 3.55 or a CFW of your choice. Either way you can go straight to the latest firmware from either of the two.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so being a member over at ps3jailbreaking.com and psx-scene.com and knowing habit about downgrading here's a quick guide.

Cech2001-24xx can be downgraded.
If your on anything above 3.55 you MUST use a hardware flasher I.e proskeet or an E3.
If your own a 3.55 system all you must do is download the CFW.
ANY SITE THAT REQUIRES A SURVEY IS FAKE AND WILL BRICK YOUR PS3!
IF YOUR REQUIRED TO ENTER A PASSWORD TO UNZIP THE FILE ITS A FAKE AND WILL BRICK YOUR PS3!
If you have any other questions about jailbreaking message me or post here and I'll respond asap.

ok since you are an authority here are 2 questions i never found answers to in the ps3 scene
1) can you use a progskeet with a clip on instead of soldering? and does it have a chip clip for both nand and nor models? and are there kits or do you have to guess what components you need to get a solderless solution and buy the clip and progskeet separately

2) since e3 never released their NAND version of e3 flasher , no NAND clip, is there a way to use a NAND chip clip for a proskeet on a non solderless E3 flasher? and where do youn find a guide on how to wire up a progskeet or toehr NAND clip to a non solderless e3 NAND flasher?

because i have NEVER been able to fine even ONE decent or even halfway decent video , guide tutotrial or set of instructins on how to downgrade a ps3 with NAND solderless , on NOR with E3 flasher, do any such tutorials even exist and in english ? becaus ei have never seen any
seem like nobody gives a shit about NAND ps3 owners who are not masters of soldering

my advice would be this

1 )just get an ODE ,its not even worth it to mess with shitty china made flashers and clips, you can buy an ODE for the same price or a little more than an E3 flasher and save yourself a huge headache

2) if you buy a new used PS3 not on 3.55 or lower MAKE SURE IT IS A NOR AND NOT A NAND MODEL

3)if you have a NAND model and plan to downgrade, DONT ,sell it and buy a NOR model , there are no good guides to downgrading a NAND model

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy Answer to PS3 haxin.

If...
Your PS3 is 3.55 or below you can hack it yourself
Your PS3 is over 3.55 you can consult a ps3 hacking organization todo it for a small sum, or buy anew already hacked PS3.

In sweden the hacking orgs takes 110 dollars to hack it.
anew hacked PS3 costed me about 220 dollars.

I bought it 1 year ago, have full access to twitch, stream movies on navi-X, 150 ps3 games ive played more or less without any problems. And since a month I updated to latest 'hax' firmware and can play online n visit psn.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Easy Answer to PS3 haxin.

If...
Your PS3 is 3.55 or below you can hack it yourself
Your PS3 is over 3.55 you can consult a ps3 hacking organization todo it for a small sum, or buy anew already hacked PS3.

In sweden the hacking orgs takes 110 dollars to hack it.
anew hacked PS3 costed me about 220 dollars.

I bought it 1 year ago, have full access to twitch, stream movies on navi-X, 150 ps3 games ive played more or less without any problems. And since a month I updated to latest 'hax' firmware and can play online n visit psn.
I can assure you that sooner or later you'll get flagged and banned - online on a modded system is not a question of if, it's a question of when. All it takes is one change to the server-side online protocol or one game like CoD that uses proprietary server technology and your system can get boned in an instant and no amount of stealth apps can save you. I personally discourage going online with CFW or ODDE's installed, it's a dangerous game that, in my opinion, isn't worth it.

As for "consulting a pirate organization", there's nothing you can do on a PS3 that's not compatible with 3.55 short of installing an ODDE, which is a viable solution, but you can do it yourself - the installation isn't that difficult and depending on the PS3 model it can even be solderless.

hr21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, i have a ps3 2003a on 4.60 firmware, I have googled a bit and it seems it can be downgraded? Do I need a hardware flasher or can I use the USB method I keep coming across?

Thanks

Reactions: Margen67

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi all, i have a ps3 2003a on 4.60 firmware, I have googled a bit and it seems it can be downgraded? Do I need a hardware flasher or can I use the USB method I keep coming across?

Thanks
You will need a hardware flasher to get to 3.55, from that point onwards you can use the USB method to install any firmware you want, including custom ones. ;)

mirciulica

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello
I hava a PS3 Slim CECH2504A date code 0C.
Currently I have version OFW 4.21 installed.
I checked with Minimum Downgrade Firmware Check Tool and it's showing ver. 3.40
The question is what is best option to downgrade my console?

Thanks

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can assure you that sooner or later you'll get flagged and banned - online on a modded system is not a question of if, it's a question of when. All it takes is one change to the server-side online protocol or one game like CoD that uses proprietary server technology and your system can get boned in an instant and no amount of stealth apps can save you. I personally discourage going online with CFW or ODDE's installed, it's a dangerous game that, in my opinion, isn't worth it.

As for "consulting a pirate organization", there's nothing you can do on a PS3 that's not compatible with 3.55 short of installing an ODDE, which is a viable solution, but you can do it yourself - the installation isn't that difficult and depending on the PS3 model it can even be solderless.
U prob right.

As of, i havent touched any online games , only accessed psn to get netflix and
vevo.

Gaming online I have no reference to, so yeah, I cant talk about such things.
Sorry i wrote gaming online previously. I meant just access psn to get apps.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true 300X models can never be downgraded they came with a firmware over 3.55 and a new metldr that hasn't been hacked. Either get a new PS3 or get an ODE. I would like to see where EVERYONE is saying this as every PS3 site I venture to that is legit says it can't be done and i know it can't be done. Lay off the BS sites laden with survey's they are all fake.

Via Google

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry