Hacking Question Is the emuNAND or SX OS free?

beep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brayton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know SX OS can brick if cracked, has that been bypassed yet? Is there emuNAND in other (free) CFW yet?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was half-expecting a first post from a new user, but I see you've been around since 2016. To answer your questions, no, and no. If you can afford it, most SX OS users (including me) would tell you it's well worth the price for all the benefits. But if you don't have the money, the free CFWs are almost as nice to use. Emunand will come, sooner or later, on free CFWs.

Brayton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was half-expecting a first post from a new user, but I see you've been around since 2016. To answer your questions, no, and no. If you can afford it, most SX OS users (including me) would tell you it's well worth the price for all the benefits. But if you don't have the money, the free CFWs are almost as nice to use. Emunand will come, sooner or later, on free CFWs.
I felt like I would come across as that.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No, they aren't, yet. But don't go around and download some .exe that claim it can do that, unless you want FBI to found out your pedofile.

D

Deleted User

I thought TX confirmed they got rid of the brick code a couple months ago. Trying to crack SX OS and use their codes (most of it stolen) isn't easy. XCI loading would've been a thing

mowsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought TX confirmed they got rid of the brick code a couple months ago. Trying to crack SX OS and use their codes (most of it stolen) isn't easy. XCI loading would've been a thing
You're just another brainless NPC if you believe that. Even worse if you're advocating stealing code from TX who has original features like XCI and emunand but in the same sentence you're claiming most of it is stolen. Piracy code, stolen. But we should steal from them. Seems a tad bit hypocritical.

Last edited by mowsie,

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to use the awesome features of SX OS, don't be so greedy and support the developers. I think the price of SX OS and the SX Pro is very low and we all want them to continue with their great work. :)
The irony of saying support the Devs who take features from free open source code and package it up in their paid for solution :) not saying all their work is from open source but yeah they hardly credit their sources when they rip it off do they.

Emunand will be along shortly in atmosphere

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
XCI loading is very nice though
Exactly! For the extra charge on a large micro SD card, which you need if you don't use SX OS, you can also buy SX OS or the SX Pro instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What features that aren't going to appear for free on at least the next 2 months?
Also, did TX paid you so you make someone use SX and not other better and free CFW?
Funny. I use SX OS on my own because I think it's the best way to go right now. Probably, SX OS will be even more better in the next 2 months as well. ;)

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
What features that aren't going to appear for free on at least the next 2 months?
Also, did TX paid you so you make someone use SX and not other better and free CFW?
I get where you're coming from, TX is scummy for using stolen code. But some people don't want to mess around with a bunch of confusing info and a ton of homebrew to achieve basic tasks such as running backups.. they just want an easy plug and play solution that gets updates that are easy to install.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get where you're coming from, TX is scummy for using stolen code. But some people don't want to mess around with a bunch of confusing info and a ton of homebrew to achieve basic tasks such as running backups.. they just want an easy plug and play solution that gets updates that are easy to install.
This is probably one of the only positive statements I can agree with about TX. Yes I think it's morally wrong to steal open source code without credit and yes I think their custom firmware is crap. But it's good for people who have no idea how most things work on the switch CFW scene and just want an easy, plug and play solution. Basically an all in one package.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo