Gaming Is the language pack for LoZ treated as DLC?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering why the DLC went from a couple of MB to a couple of GB since the release date for the summer pack hasnt been announced as far as I'm aware.

Is this the same deal for Switch owners?

Reactions: OrGoN3

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering why the DLC went from a couple of MB to a couple of GB since the release date for the summer pack hasnt been announced as far as I'm aware.

Yes (WiiUSBHelper have it like DLC) Anything that you can take from eShop and must install a Game, it's a DLC, so lets Swap! xD

Last edited by trunske,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The first DLC pack has been announced and shown off, although I'm not sure if a hard release date was tied with it. As Trunske said, on the Wii U it is DLC. On the Switch, I believe it is just patch data. On the Wii U it is DLC that you have to go into the eShop and get. It is free.

However, this does mean that you need to use a CFW of some sort to use the DLC.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first DLC pack has been announced and shown off, although I'm not sure if a hard release date was tied with it. As Trunske said, on the Wii U it is DLC. On the Switch, I believe it is just patch data. On the Wii U it is DLC that you have to go into the eShop and get. It is free.

However, this does mean that you need to use a CFW of some sort to use the DLC.
The pricing isn't my concern nor how to obtain the DLC. I'm just confused why it isn't being treated as part of the update like the Switch is handling it.

I'm assuming it's because DLC in itself is an optional add on to any game and not everyone will want the additional language packs so everyone isn't forced to download and store extra data just to get essential updates.

If that were the case that wouldn't explain why the Switch version isn't DLC too.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pricing isn't my concern nor how to obtain the DLC. I'm just confused why it isn't being treated as part of the update like the Switch is handling it.

I'm assuming it's because DLC in itself is an optional add on to any game and not everyone will want the additional language packs so everyone isn't forced to download and store extra data just to get essential updates.

If that were the case that wouldn't explain why the Switch version isn't DLC too.

Companies can patch whatever they want on the Switch. On the Wii U, there are limitations. I'm sure even Ninty follows these limitations. On top of that, the Wii U itself has limitations. This is probably why it required a separate download. I feel like on the Wii U there's a little program that just redirects the language resource packs. That 850MB+ is probably every language, but I'm not sure.

Anywho, on the Switch, where they have more flexibility, it's just update data and built into the game itself. It's probably an IOS limitation.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country

Swith it's Region Free, so the Cartridge must store all languaje inside, you can buy the Zelda Game Japanese Version , and you would get an English Language inside if you want to. So Switch not need that update/DLC , because that content it's already on Switch's Cartridge

Last edited by trunske,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swith it's Region Free, so the Cartridge must store all languaje inside

Region Free doesn't mean it HAS TO store all the languages inside. It just means it most likely will. Nintendo can still make region-specific versions without region-playback restrictions. But good catch trusnke ^_^

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
Region Free doesn't mean it HAS TO store all the languages inside. It just means it most likely will. Nintendo can still make region-specific versions without region-playback restrictions. But good catch trusnke ^_^
You are Right
But Nintendo Said and Confirmed Switch it's Region Free xD
It's would be Ironic if the FIRST SWITCH GAME wouldnt had Region Free Language haha

Maybe Fifa or Lego City hasnt all Languaje in cartridge... but I dont think that about Zelda (The first and Main Game on Switch From Nintendo)

Last edited by trunske,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are Right
But Nintendo Said and Confirmed Switch it's Region Free xD
It's would be Ironic if the FIRST SWITCH GAME wouldnt had Region Free Language haha

Maybe Fifa or Lego City hasnt all Languaje in cartridge... but I dont think that about Zelda (The first and Main Game on Switch From Nintendo)

Like I said, Region Free just means there's no region playback restriction. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a MultiXX. The chances of it being a MultiXX are extremely high, because why would a company release more than one of something if they don't have to, but it's not a guarantee. That's all that I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later