Gaming Is the ps4 worth unjailbreaking for spiderman?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,222
  • Replies 71

Is the ps4 worth unjailbreaking for spiderman?

• Yes

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 72.0%

• Total voters

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spiderman, Red Dead Redemption 2 and eventually Kingdom Hearts 3 are tempting me. I just wish there was some kind of indication of progress on 5.50. I rarely playing my PS4 anymore, I do everything on PC, but these exclusives are killing me.

Reactions: Deleted User

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just wish there was some kind of indication of progress on 5.50. I rarely playing my PS4 anymore, I do everything on PC, but these exclusives are killing me.

What kind of indication would help? Screenshots of someone saying they have done it but aren't releasing it?

If they are killing you, then update your ps4 and buy them.

Reactions: Girtana1 and KiiWii

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a deep breath and relax. I was making a joke to the guy saying he needed some sort of indication there's a new hack. I clearly said I had no idea what I was doing. Why would you take me seriously after I said that?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take a deep breath and relax. I was making a joke to the guy saying he needed some sort of indication there's a new hack. I clearly said I had no idea what I was doing. Why would you take me seriously after I said that?

I legit thought you were on a vector to something useful.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of indication would help? Screenshots of someone saying they have done it but aren't releasing it?

If they are killing you, then update your ps4 and buy them.
I mean..sure? Just to know it's even possible. And I'd gladly buy them, I don't use the CFW for piracy, I use it mostly for cheats and mods. So I'd rather not lose my CFW for a possibility that may not ever happen. Either way, I'll probably wind up buying another PS4. Would just be nice to not have to waste a few hundred dollars is all.

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this a couple of days ago. I've had my PS4 modded for a long time and rarely touch it. Been wanting to play Spiderman and also wanted to play Friday the 13th online so I just said screw it and did the update. Yeah, I'm missing a few games that I had ripped to the hard drive but they can easily be purchased for cheap.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I keep thinking of buying a second PS4 to jailbreak it, but always back out because I just can't justify the cost. It'd be only for games I already have and it would just make them "digital" in a sense. Although it's nice not to have to swap discs when I want to play a different game not worth $250-300, the going rate for PS4s on 5.05.

D

Deleted User

OP
I just did this a couple of days ago. I've had my PS4 modded for a long time and rarely touch it. Been wanting to play Spiderman and also wanted to play Friday the 13th online so I just said screw it and did the update. Yeah, I'm missing a few games that I had ripped to the hard drive but they can easily be purchased for cheap.
So you gave in.I figured this would start happening with games like rdr 2,spyro and spiderman being released.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I keep thinking of buying a second PS4 to jailbreak it, but always back out because I just can't justify the cost. It'd be only for games I already have and it would just make them "digital" in a sense. Although it's nice not to have to swap discs when I want to play a different game not worth $250-300, the going rate for PS4s on 5.05.
Yup,either way you have to spend a pretty penny.Sony wins one way or the other.

Reactions: rickwj324

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you gave in.I figured this would start happening with games like rdr 2,spyro and spiderman being released.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yup,either way you have to spend a pretty penny.Sony wins one way or the other.

Not really because I meant a used one so Sony wouldn't get a penny. :P I would think it'd be hard to find a brand new retail PS4 that's 5.05 or less.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use your brain.
Spider-Man is 60 dollars.
A PS4 is 200-300 dollars....

A modded Ps4 is 700-1000 dollars. ._. When it comes to fun, yeah sure. You want fun no matte the cost but if you become unsure then begin to rely on the cost.

D

Deleted User

OP
Use your brain.
Spider-Man is 60 dollars.
A PS4 is 200-300 dollars....

A modded Ps4 is 700-1000 dollars. ._. When it comes to fun, yeah sure. You want fun no matte the cost but if you become unsure then begin to rely on the cost.
Are they really that rare? I heard someone say they sold one on 5.05 for 250$.

Good luck selling yours for that price right now with the 6.02/6.20 method coming out soon.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: rickwj324

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They definitely aren't going for that much! Just before I decided to update my modded PS4 I looked to see what they were going for and saw several in the $300 price range. I don't regret updating mine at all.

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't update mine for a single game. I really wanted to play Spider-man, but also plan on playing games like Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight online. I already owned quite a few game discs before modding it so it's not like I've lost all my games now.

Besides, I have multiple 360's, PS3's, Wii's, Wii-U's, 3ds and Vitas, all with mods/CFW. After this weekend I'll have a Switch that's modded. I'm perfectly fine with using my PS4 updated and online. :)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's worth it. And RDR2 is one of THE most boring games I've played in my 47 years of life. BotW is probably a tie for Zzzzzzzzzzz-ness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7