Is there any way to fix a slight bent nintendo switch?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dunno why this happens but perhaps there is a fix?... or perhaps is the mother board itself and that cant be fixed
What? How much bent it is? if it is just a slight bend leave it as it is but if it is a severe bend I suggest disassembling it totally plus changing the frame of it(it will be not easy because of battery and digitizer adhesive)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to see what we’re dealing with.

Is it like this?

1678493812169.png

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Dunno why this happens but perhaps there is a fix?... or perhaps is the mother board itself and that cant be fixed
Is this a rhetoric question? is a question for the EoF? please provide us with pictures is hard to know what are you referring to.

By example my wife's have a "bent screen" (really only the digitallizer) because the one Aliexpress deliver to us is 0.5 mm wider than original and do not fit completely on the frame and I am not willing to sand the digitallizer nor the frame.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I KNOW, that the picture doesnt show a lot but IT DOES rock back and fort in a flat table test, if this is gona get worse then perhaps i can fix it or prevent more bending

Attachments

• 331580885_1406239390233491_7637022761137582514_n.jpg
    331580885_1406239390233491_7637022761137582514_n.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 94

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I KNOW, that the picture doesnt show a lot but IT DOES rock back and fort in a flat table test, if this is gona get worse then perhaps i can fix it or prevent more bending
Auch!

Did somebody sit on it?

As told, if the switch is working well do not mess with it, is more likely you metal frame get bend, but is tricky you need to completely disassembly the unit, the frame is the last piece you can take apart.

For the glued parts you can use heat to get them appart. The iFix It guide is great, they use a "Beani bag" heated on the microwave to heat the screen and be able to take apart. A heat gun can be used too.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Auch!

Did somebody sit on it?

As told, if the switch is working well do not mess with it, is more likely you metal frame get bend, but is tricky you need to completely disassembly the unit, the frame is the last piece you can take apart.

For the glued parts you can use heat to get them appart. The iFix It guide is great, they use a "Beani bag" heated on the microwave to heat the screen and be able to take apart. A heat gun can be used too.
I have a rental bussines, people comes here and play games so its always in the dock, i check them and it was bendt, now it works perfectly, but i do have a question, can a switch in this state be open to change the termal paste or change the digitizer?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a rental bussines, people comes here and play games so its always in the dock, i check them and it was bendt, now it works perfectly, but i do have a question, can a switch in this state be open to change the termal paste or change the digitizer?
yes you can, and you can take the opportunity and look inside because also can be a swallow battery

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes you can, and you can take the opportunity and look inside because also can be a swallow battery
That idea did crossed my mind, that the battery could need changing, tomorrow ill take it to a technician to have it checked ans see what can be done, thanks for the help

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Congrats. Share how you fixed it.
I learned that what is truly bent is not the inners like mother board or so, aparently the frontal faceplate in the inside is covered in part with a metalic cover that circulates around the edges of the screen, this part is what truly bends the switch and if not taken care it ultimately can do bend some parts so slowly that they keep working (for some time) all i did was get a SWITCH that was broken and was sold for parts or to use as a donor, i took all the system parts from both and changed the cases, The bending is ever so slightly noticable due to the parts that cannot be unbendt. The cost was just what i paid for the broken switch 20 bucks.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol