Gaming Is there anything I can do to play AP2.5 games on non LT+ fw?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I can easily patch games using that one Wave Patcher tool, my current 360's firmware is whatever the latest before LT+ was in 2009, problem is I can't play games with AP 2.5 on it even if I patch them to wave3.

I have that new white Dahsboard that "Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit" but I can't play that game because of AP2.5 even after patching it to wave3.
I can play MvC3 just fine from what I've seen though

I know it's easy to update to LT+, but I can't open the 360 up myself or the comptuer, I really am no good at that regardless of how simple it may be and I don't feel like paying $30 to a professional modder here to do it, but I will if I absolutely have to I guess.

I don't care about Live, I'm not banned but my system is probably flagged to hell and back because I play everything on it and I never go online anyway
smile.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your only choice is to flash it to LT+. I recommend contacting GBAtemp member mocalacace. He recently flashed my 360 to LT+ and it works like a charm. He doesn't charge very much either.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man
No need for me to send my 360 away anywhere, I have a whole bunch of local moders here who have stores and everything. I'll just take it to the place I bought it from and have them update it for me.

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mean to hijack, but this is along the same lines:

I have a console with the dash right before this new one. It currently have the firmware that doesn't bother to do any wave/stealth check (console was banned). Will AP 2.5 be an issue for it or do I need LT+?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amak said:
Don't mean to hijack, but this is along the same lines:

I have a console with the dash right before this new one. It currently have the firmware that doesn't bother to do any wave/stealth check (console was banned). Will AP 2.5 be an issue for it or do I need LT+?
You can use this method to play current AP25 enabled titles, however, if AP25 games start shipping with a newer dash you will need to update to LT+
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=265912

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems you need LT+ because from what I can tell AP2.5 is in-game
the console detects and boots the game up, then quits to the dashboard saying the disc is unreadable

and even on LT+ you're going to have to patch your games, I was just wondering if there was a patch for older firmwares as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu