Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is telling me that its possible to install 3ds cia without cfw
Just by having a homebrew launcher exploit and Fbi inside of the launcher
Im not buying it tho
Is it true that i didnt need to get boot9strap?

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe only legit cias. and the system firmware had to be around 9.2 - 10.4. After that it was patched and you need b9s or kernel exploit to be able to install any cias afterwards.
Could you explain to me what a legit cia would be please i should also add that he is on 11.2

Last edited by xMusicax,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i believe only legit cias. and the system firmware had to be around 9.2 - 10.4. After that it was patched and you need b9s or kernel exploit to be able to install any cias afterwards.
It's actually up to 11.2, not 11.4. So his friend is right since he's on 11.2, but it's still only for legit CIAs.

From 11.3 and on, this was patched and from 11.4 and on the ability to install CFW with just access to HBL was patched too. I highly suggest you get CFW since you can play unsigned CIAs and generally open up your system for whatever you may want in the future.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually up to 11.2, not 11.4. So his friend is right since he's on 11.2, but it's still only for legit CIAs.

From 11.3 and on, this was patched and from 11.4 and on the ability to install CFW with just access to HBL was patched too. I highly suggest you get CFW since you can play unsigned CIAs and generally open up your system for whatever you may want in the future.
Ok thankyou and thanks to everyone else too

Reactions: ThoD

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 11.2 it should be possible to do. All you need is arm 11 kernel access to install a .CIA file. 11.2 should have a public arm9 kernel exploit. This hack is sufficient to install and run .CIA files but if it's not a legit CIA the system will not run them without a CFW (which is possible without boot9strap as cfw just needs arm9 access to run the patches. So any arm9 exploit can do this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Trying to get the Eeros 6 to switch over but apparently it's tied to the old ISP in some way...