Hacking Is upgrading (size) a RGH 360 HDD a simple case of copying the files?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not very hard to do, but I can see how it could make someone nervous if they've never done it. personally, I don't think you should reflash the nand. just check what dash kernel you have and install the official update of that same kernel. make sure it's the same. it will install avatar, media, kinect, and xbox original data on to the new hdd.

MrPockets151

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not very hard to do, but I can see how it could make someone nervous if they've never done it. personally, I don't think you should reflash the nand. just check what dash kernel you have and install the official update of that same kernel. make sure it's the same. it will install avatar, media, kinect, and xbox original data on to the new hdd.
BTW when I did the RGH I was already on Dash 17559.

MrPockets151

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try your Avatar tutorial....think that's what I need. Aurora I can always just do a fresh install. Dashlaunch and XEXmenu still work fine it's just Aurora . Acting like my grey out avatar.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the only important file from an update is the su file. it's around 11-12MBs I believe. that's what's patched to allow jtag/rgh. I've built my own update in the past using xebuild gui, and it did in fact work.

MrPockets151

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rename the update folder from $systemupdate to $$ystemupdate
That should do the trick when it comes to updating hardware hacked machines for avatar files.
I don't see $systemupdate ....

Attachments

• 20220407_194539.jpg
    20220407_194539.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see $systemupdate ....
that's the name given to the folder that contains the system update to get your avatar stuff back. download it from microsoft's website, then put it on usb. it will even detect if the system is already on. if you're blocking updates, rename $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate.

MrPockets151

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the name given to the folder that contains the system update to get your avatar stuff back. download it from microsoft's website, then put it on usb. it will even detect if the system is already on. if you're blocking updates, rename $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate.
I should be able to see that folder than in my old HDD then right ? Instead of downloading from MS

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the files now on MS site...
just put the $SystemUpdate folder on a usb drive, preferably one with nothing on it or one that's small. see if you get a notification. it will install files to the hdd, including avatar stuff. if you get no notification, try renaming it to $$ystemUpdate . that's how dashlaunch blocks updates, it renames what it looks for, but that will force the update to be found.

MrPockets151

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just put the $SystemUpdate folder on a usb drive, preferably one with nothing on it or one that's small. see if you get a notification. it will install files to the hdd, including avatar stuff. if you get no notification, try renaming it to $$ystemUpdate . that's how dashlaunch blocks updates, it renames what it looks for, but that will force the update to be found.
Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

Only way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!