Hacking Is VC injection on-the-fly possible?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I liked XMB that would be good but I dont. I've used the retroarch XMB on my PC and while it's nicer than RGUI I still don't like it. When I play emulated games on my PC and RPI I use a frontend like Emulationstation or Hyperspin or Maximus Arcade to launch the libretro core specific to the rom. I have RGUI/menu switched off all my emulators are setup the way I like (shaders/overlays etc) so why would I need the menu(I dont cheat in games and I dont use save states to cheat my way through games either). When I press my hotkey to exit the game and emulator I get straight back to the ROM selection screen in Emulationstation/hyperspin etc and am able to select another game or system to play while having the visual eye candy of game covers/banners etc (If you hadn't guessed I like game covers and I have contributed to lots of cover sets, some complete). That is why I do not like XMB or RGUI. I have no problem using retroarch to play roms launched from a nice GUI/frontend. In the case of GBA on the 3DS the only option is injection and back to my original post; injecting roms into VC titles seems to be a lot easier now since the days of the original Wii and even the early days of the hacked 3DS. Now there are tools that make it much easier. If the injection process could be done console side on-the-fly it would be possible to have a complete romset all on one SD card and select the rom using a menu. I can build the menu/gui but I cannot build the injection routine console side. Is it possible and can anyone do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok