Israel vs. Hezbollah topic

noamkot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Not sure what this forum has to do with the various endless conflicts in the middle east...
What really pisses me off is that neither Nintendo nor Microsoft export their consoles to Israel or Lebanon for that matter.
We either have to import it ourselves using web sites/friends/relatives or pay huge sums of money to charlatans which import it for a huge profit (does anybody want to pay 700$ for a WII or 900$ for a Xbox 360?)
And since Sony is practically a monopoly, they invent prices... like 1100$ for a PS3... or 95$ for most PS3 games.
The irony is that at least Microsoft officially sells here many peripherals, including Xbox 360 controllers for PC (which cost here less than their price in Europe). Microsoft also has two major dev centers in Israel and I've heard claims that Xbox 360's CPU was designed by IBM in Israel...
This annoyed the hell out of me when I had to fake it as an American to get my broken Xbox 360 repaired (RoD)...

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put more emphases on terrorist attacks, strike fear in the heart of the sheople and then chug down that frothing glass of refreshing oil.

Edit:
To quote George Bush:
"We are not in Iraq for oil, oil is in Iraq for us."

If I may add my couple of pennies. Anyone who owns the holy handgrenade makes the rules. In the future everyone will have a holy handgrenade. Then these contested lands will be un-inhabitable, and the point will be sadly moot. I agree strongly with Cromat that religion should have no place in this territorial conflict. Unfortunately religion and "tradition" are way too useful for the people who are in charge of the war buttons.

Humans are God's chosen people and the earth is our homeland. Well... I'm an atheist, but hopefully you get my point.

If, someday, scientists invent a drug to flip the "religion switch" in our brains to "off", maybe we can figure out some distribution method, like Ice-Nine, to get it out to everyone on earth. I'm not saying it would end all wars, but it would remove the ability to hide behind the holy books when arguing over sh*t. I think that would go a long way towards achieving a happier planet. Lets all pray for that, shall we?

That's pretty much the "Allah or die mentality," people will fight and die for their beliefs. Turn off the free will switch which resides within mankind and there will be no more war. Ideally, this is what the UN and the rest of those stupid fuckers want. One world, one people, one religion, and one nation, once you achieve this, there is no longer free will, the rich will rule over the poor and no one will care. When what's shown on the television thousands of times daily is accepted as truth, people can be ruled without rebellion, it doesn't matter if it's real or not, you will accept it as fact as long as you are told to do so enough times.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If, someday, scientists invent a drug to flip the "religion switch" in our brains to "off", maybe we can figure out some distribution method, like Ice-Nine, to get it out to everyone on earth. I'm not saying it would end all wars, but it would remove the ability to hide behind the holy books when arguing over sh*t.

That's pretty much the "Allah or die mentality," people will fight and die for their beliefs. Turn off the free will switch which resides within mankind and there will be no more war. Ideally, this is what the UN and the rest of those stupid fuckers want. One world, one people, one religion, and one nation, once you achieve this, there is no longer free will, the rich will rule over the poor and no one will care. When what's shown on the television thousands of times daily is accepted as truth, people can be ruled without rebellion, it doesn't matter if it's real or not, you will accept it as fact as long as you are told to do so enough times.
I'm pretty sure any religious fanaticism turns off the "free will" switch and turns people into mindless sheep that follow orders unthinkingly. People don't fight and die for their beliefs, they mainly fight and die for someone else's beliefs, or more often, someone else's financial gain. I'd say the free will has more or less been turned off through brainwashing and propaganda. People are played into whatever plans the big boys have. People unquestioningly doing what a mullah, priest or rabbi tell them have had their "free will" switch burned into an off position, as well as the people who follow politicians and TV news channels. That means that not "free will", but instead a lack of it, is responsible for wars. No free thinking individual, mind uncluttered with propaganda, would go to another country and blow himself up, or blow anyone else up, when it's in everyone's best interest to play along nicely. People telling anything else are the ones responsible for wars. Unfortunately, religion isn't the only way to start wars. Along with the "religion on/off" switch, there should also be a "follow instructions from the shiny box with moving pictures" switch, to be turned off as well. Because they both boil down to the same thing: a "wise", "fatherly" figure, telling you what to do, in the name of something you may hold dear (when the thing you hold dear would be just as happy without you interfering). Be it country, God, "way of life", arguments are the same on all sides, make no sense on either side, and make people do idiotic things. That's the same for religious and political propaganda.

Politics hiding behind religion, religion hiding behind politics, both just a huge pyramid scheme to scam the suckers at the bottom and bring money to the top. And don't confuse "belief system" with "religion", because most "belief systems" tell their, well, practitioners, to be nice, play nice, and get along (and sit down and shut up), while "religions" with their followers (notice the difference) tell people to do the complete opposite.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If, someday, scientists invent a drug to flip the "religion switch" in our brains to "off", maybe we can figure out some distribution method, like Ice-Nine, to get it out to everyone on earth. I'm not saying it would end all wars, but it would remove the ability to hide behind the holy books when arguing over sh*t.

I'm pretty sure any religious fanaticism turns off the "free will" switch and turns people into mindless sheep that follow orders unthinkingly. People don't fight and die for their beliefs, they mainly fight and die for someone else's beliefs, or more often, someone else's financial gain. I'd say the free will has more or less been turned off through brainwashing and propaganda. People are played into whatever plans the big boys have. People unquestioningly doing what a mullah, priest or rabbi tell them have had their "free will" switch burned into an off position, as well as the people who follow politicians and TV news channels. That means that not "free will", but instead a lack of it, is responsible for wars. No free thinking individual, mind uncluttered with propaganda, would go to another country and blow himself up, or blow anyone else up, when it's in everyone's best interest to play along nicely. People telling anything else are the ones responsible for wars. Unfortunately, religion isn't the only way to start wars. Along with the "religion on/off" switch, there should also be a "follow instructions from the shiny box with moving pictures" switch, to be turned off as well. Because they both boil down to the same thing: a "wise", "fatherly" figure, telling you what to do, in the name of something you may hold dear (when the thing you hold dear would be just as happy without you interfering). Be it country, God, "way of life", arguments are the same on all sides, make no sense on either side, and make people do idiotic things. That's the same for religious and political propaganda.

Politics hiding behind religion, religion hiding behind politics, both just a huge pyramid scheme to scam the suckers at the bottom and bring money to the top. And don't confuse "belief system" with "religion", because most "belief systems" tell their, well, practitioners, to be nice, play nice, and get along (and sit down and shut up), while "religions" with their followers (notice the difference) tell people to do the complete opposite.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if these beliefs were defined by the individual's ruler, the average person will consider these beliefs to be their own. The average person will do whatever they are told, but will always claim to have free will. In the end, you really do have a will, if you continue to allow yourself to succumb to lies repeatedly, you lose. It's hard to say who's brainwashed and who isn't, even this entire argument is a figment of a political agenda, even your and my statements. I attempt to draw my own conclusion, I consider what people can gain by the actions of their followers before I partake in any of these actions. This is the primary way I make decisions involving real-world events. Once you consider what can be gained or loss on either side, it becomes slightly easier to weed out the bullshit.

L

lastdual

Fanaticism isn't exclusive to religion. In the past century, atheistic communism and dictatorships were responsible for 100 million+ deaths under Stalin, Moa, and Pol Pot...

The idea that peace would come about if we simply eliminated religion is rather naive.

PS: Galloway is simply another propogandist. He frequently makes the point that "the end justifies the means" with regards to terrorist actions (condoning suicide bombings, etc.), which only perpetuates continued violence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1