Hacking It's interesting that someone has translated my article.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ugh... Engrish aside, the article seems gravely misinformed.
After power on, enter the main system, the main system is invariable, it need the hardware of console to induct and load games. While starting game, it enter the cassette model, and has no connection with main system. Both NDS and NDSL console use this model.
That's just not true, and anyone who knows how PassMe worked knows that. The DS and DS Lite were initially hacked due to a vulnerability in the header. In other words, unlike what you're suggesting, these devices were not "hacked" via the same vulnerability as in your previous description, but via careful study of the firmware itself.
"Upgradable system + game induct": After power on, firstly enter the main system, and the main system is variable(upgradable). It also need hardware to induct and load games. While induct game successfully, the game has no connection with main system. Nintendo study from Sony, and use this model on DSi, DsiLL and DsiXL. It is easily to lock the r4 card or r4i card on main system. But it is impossible to change the configuration of NDS game. Many flashcards can pass the console detection by simulating the NDS Rom. What is more, since induct game successfully, the game has no connection with main system, it means, the console can't detect the flashcard any more.
First and foremost, the DSi, DSiXL/LL, DS and DS Lite boot DS games in the exact same way - it's just that the DSi and DSi XL/LL systems have a slightly different firmware which allows for adding certain headers onto a blacklist, thus impeding booting. It's DSi games that are problematic to boot. Secondly, the DS and DS Lite have updatable firmware, you just need to know how to update it. The fact that firmware updates were not distributed does not mean that it's not updatable - it is, and this option is utilized by FlashMe.
"Game bonding with system": After power on, enter the main system, the main system is veriable(upgradable). Games will be inducted and run on the main system. The main system can detect and control the game running at anytime. Nintendo 3DS console just use this model, that is why users can pause the game and back to main system by pressing the"Home" key. Obviously, this is the biggest obstacle for 3DS jailbreak.
All this means is that there is a background process of the menu working while you play - it changes nothing. If you think the DS has no background processes working then you are gravely mistaken. It's not an obstacle in hacking the system.
It is difficult to hack 3DS games, as the game process is under control of the main system..(that is why "Ridge Racers" can't run on Nintendo 3DS V2.0.0 system).
No, that's because that firmware update screwed up some system files and as far as I know this was remedied by future updates.
As we know, R4 card can run on Nintendo DS and DSi seriesconsole, as they stimulate NDS ROM to pass the system detection. But the 3DS system can detect and control the flashcard in total game process. It can lock the card at any time.
What makes you think that the DS cannot? Several games show off AP that's quite interesting - the Vuvuzella AP from Michael Jackson's Experience or the EXP AP from Pokemon all show that the binary of the game is perfectly capable to pick up whether it's booted from an original cartridge or not and it can react to that kind of detection. If the developers would so see fit, they could easily input a "Turn Off The Console" instruction into the code, it's just that it wouldn't change anything - hackers know how to break AP, mate. A DS binary has as much hardware access as a 3DS one, and I assure you that you also have access to firmware functionality since you have access to RTC, brightness settings and so on and so forth.
Also, the StreetPass and SpotPass will be locked, as 3DS system will easily detect the coherence. The Startup ROM is not same as Register ROM, then be locked.
And what makes you think that? A ROM is a ROM - the system won't know any better if it thinks it's signed properly, and... fooling the system is sort of what a hack is supposed to do.
Though there are many R4 3DS cards in the market, they are actual DSi cards, which can only run DSi games.
Please show me one R4 card that can run DSi binaries in DSi Mode. I'm eager to see your findings.

All in all, rather meh.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I never wanted the words 3DS and Jailbreak to be used in the same sentence, unless the sentence was "Jailbreaking is not done on the 3DS. Keep it on iCrap."

Still a dead-funny engrish article though.
In this case, it would be "Jailbreak is not to do on no yes 3DS, keep to iPhone".

On topic : I love this article so much, Engrish is my favourite language.

loco365

Trophies
XP
wow

cassette...
A CASSETTE
NINTENDO 3DS HAS A CASSETTE SLOT
Tchgx.jpg

even more there's 4 KIND OF IT?there's another than BASF Cassette?
did Sony merge with Nintendo lately? Nintendo 3DSWALKMAN?
I'll take 5 to go please.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bwahaha you made my day... *laughs*

Apart from that... In Germany we called NES / SNES cartridges cassettes too for a looong looong time. Even N64 and GB cartridges so...
I think it only changed with NDS games. I've never heard anyone speaking of anything else than a game or soooometimes a card. xD

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I read this whole thing in the voice of the chinese rapper tai mai shu (bradley lum) lol. It made the article that much interesting!

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well they do use the word cassette for cartridges in Japan, ゲームカセット (or game cassette).

Apart from that... In Germany we called NES / SNES cartridges cassettes too for a looong looong time. Even N64 and GB cartridges so...
I think it only changed with NDS games. I've never heard anyone speaking of anything else than a game or soooometimes a card. xD

In Brazil we used the portuguese word "fita" that means cassete too for snes, mega drive, gb and gba games. I think americans are the world forevers alones here, xD

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they do use the word cassette for cartridges in Japan, ゲームカセット (or game cassette).

In Brazil we used the portuguese word "fita" that means cassete too for snes, mega drive, gb and gba games. I think americans are the world forevers alones here, xD
Well for those wanting to get specific, the 3DS Calls it a 'Game Card'.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
In Sweden you can't really call them anything other than cassettes.
Card doesn't work here since it would sound out of context and the word cartridge doesn't have a proper translation.
Spel kort = playing card
Well at least I don't know anyone who calls them that.

Also looking at some German translations on the back of SNES and N64 games I own cartridges they are indeed referred to as a game cassettes.

Edit: DS games are both called DS cards and game cassettes in the Swedish translation of a Health and Safety booklet.

Edit2: In Italian, Danish and Norwegian they're called cassettes and in English they're called Game Pak's/Game Cards, the only languages that refers to them as cartridges are Spanish, French, Portuguese and German .

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Chinese flash cart companies, copying stuff?
Wow, that never happens!

BTW, maybe they're looking at this thread, because I do see your name there. Also the username attached to the post is "JINWOO95", if that means anything?

He's saying the Engrish article on the R4 website copied his article in Chinese on the other website. Obviously his name and username are on the site that he posted it on, but they're not mentioned on the Engrish site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..