driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saw it, it's a cool movie. The story is Dances With Wolves crossed with Star Wars. I expected it to be al "magical" and stuff, turned out not.

D

Deleted_171835

Tsukyndale said:
zuron7 said:
But then the photography looks awesome.
Eh? Wasn't most of it computer generated?
tongue.gif
It looked so realistic. The computer generated images fooled him.

The cake is a lie.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ye that was one awesome movie, probably one of my favorites now.

That orange dragon thing was badass. (can't remember the name lol)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In film class today my teacher read us an article in Entertainment Weekly about two of the movie reviewers Top 10 movies for the year. Guess what? Avatar wasn't in either of them. This is what they said essentially:

Avatar is gorgeous looking. A true shocker of visuals. Still, it may look pretty but the story isn't. It's simply Dances With Wolves in space, without much in the way of gripping plot or memorable characters.

I haven't seen it, but all this hype and people raving about how amazing it is makes me think this. People keep saying "OH IT'S LIFE CHANGING" when quite honestly I just don't think it will be for me. I think I'll like it, hell I may even want it on DVD, but will it change me like some other films have? Nope.

admotonic

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well its my new favourite movie. Just wish I could see it in 3d though cause my closest cinema is shitty and cant show 3d movies

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally loved it. I understand that is can be considered extremely generic in terms of the story but the world that is created blew me away. I found myself smiling during most of the movie due to the amazing vista's.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I loved it. The visuals were spectacular and the story was great. (for me anyway) I also loved the message which no one else seemed to care about. All they said was "Ooo pretty, bad story, nice action...." We should just leave nature alone and let it take it's course.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
overhyped movie was overhyped
it wasnt that good, suffered from the same problems pearly harbor suffered
great action scenes, too much bad story and love scenes

fgghjjkll said:
Uh... Isn't avatar about an asian kid with a giant arrow slapped on his forehead?
ph34r.gif
smileipb2.png

I agree with the quote above. It is WAY TO OVERHYPED. I didn't enjoy that movie as much as others I've seen, but it was a nice movie to watch. But I'm certainly not gonna buy the DVD. I might as well watch Dances with Wolves again.

And the Asian kid? That movie's title was changed to "The Last Airbender". Apparently, James got to the title of Avatar first.
tongue.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Went to see it to find out what all the hype was about. As it turns out, it well deserved all the hype.

Saw it on Saturday in 2D (no 3D at our Regal Cinema). By far the best movie i've seen in 3 years, and I've seen quite a few.

The story was good, but left a little something to be desired. Now the question is, when (if?) a sequel comes out, where will they start off? After all, the humans abandoned their failed attempt to mine "unobtainium" (i almost lol'd in the theater at the name). I suppose they could focus more on the life of the Navi.

I went with my mom, and would love to see it again if my dad (who stayed home to watch the Eagles v. Cowboys game, eagles lost
frown.gif
) decides to go see it.

Some stills from the movie are my desktop wallpaper now...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My boy friend took me to see it last Saturday,
It wasn't half bad, the first part was clearly Pocahontas, but then they killed the chief and said Fuck it. And through in some battle for the ending.
Otherwise it was ok

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I saw it in IMAX 3-D, so the full experience.

It's very engrossing and the 3-D is really good. It wasn't like jutting out of the screen 3-D, but it was the casual, always-on 3-D that got you engaged. The plot itself was still Pocohantas in Space, but it was pretty good for that. It had it's fair twist and turns for what I expected to be a predictable plot. It was very good, just not great. Star Trek was better overall, though.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason it took so long was because Cameron had to invent the Pandoran world and develop the Na'vi culture and language (Na'vi is now a documented language...look on Wikipedia).

He was live on Oprah the other day and said that when he does a sequel, it shouldn't take nearly as #1 did.

I'm guessing Xmas 2011 or Spring 2012. Most sequels come about 2 or 3 years later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: