Japan braces for potential nuclear catastrophe

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Splych said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Like I said before, even if countries hate each other, put the differences to the side, and help out your fellow man.
+1 to that .
China is helping out a bit , if i heard it right from the news . although they have rivalry , China has learned to put it aside to help them out .
I bet that they're helping out just for public opinion really..

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
fgghjjkll said:
Splych said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Like I said before, even if countries hate each other, put the differences to the side, and help out your fellow man.
+1 to that .
China is helping out a bit , if i heard it right from the news . although they have rivalry , China has learned to put it aside to help them out .
I bet that they're helping out just for public opinion really..
Despite the fact that the Chinese government's image isn't particularly good, I highly doubt the reason they are offering aid is for their own public image. Seeing that the disaster, especially the whole nuclear situation, could potentially effect China as well, it's a natural given that they would provide aid to Japan. The Chinese have also been working with their neighbours to create better relations in recent years; it's definitely not for self image, and more of human nature.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Any updates on the INE and the incident in general?

Been trying to scrounge up on the news but I can't find much on the current situation

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
a fire has now started in one of the reactor buildings
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/15/...E72E90T20110315
.........*sigh* and for a while it looked like they might have things under control.......guess its unavoidable at this point.....even more condemned city and towns soon i presume?

Best of luck controlling the situation but at this point it seems nothing anyone can say or do is going to help..
ohnoes.png

Liezah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Japanese teacher was watching Japanese TV news and he told us that they expect Japan's recovery to last for 2 years. It's bad but they're coping with it. The bullet trains are down and people are spending a lot on taxis and bicycles. Anyways, Japan is strong. They can probably think of a way get things back in shape. We're helping them out there too so I (hopefully) think that they can make a fast recovery.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Liezah said:
My Japanese teacher was watching Japanese TV news and he told us that they expect Japan's recovery to last for 2 years. It's bad but they're coping with it. The bullet trains are down and people are spending a lot on taxis and bicycles. Anyways, Japan is strong. They can probably think of a way get things back in shape. We're helping them out there too so I (hopefully) think that they can make a fast recovery.
I'm not surprised. The damage (so far) is immense.

If there's any country that can get back on their feet stronger than ever, it'd have to be Japan.

Liezah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
Liezah said:
I'm not surprised. The damage (so far) is immense.

If there's any country that can get back on their feet stronger than ever, it'd have to be Japan.

Yeah!, I mean, they already got through WWII and went on to be technologically advanced than other countries!

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The effect on their next (couple of) generations will be pretty bad. Let's just hope the radiation levels don't get any worse.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Sop said:
If this happens.. they're gonna be screwed and turn into zombies.
people have died and there's a fair chance many more might and you're making jokes about it?

how do you sleep
dry.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mezut360 said:
Sop said:

haha
Japanese zombies
COD 5
Not to take a crap on your fun, but how can you or anybody be cracking jokes with what has happened so far?

At least 10,000 dead with a possible nuclear catastrophe and you're just laughing at it?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Raiser said:
mezut360 said:
Sop said:

haha
Japanese zombies
COD 5
Not to take a crap on your fun, but how can you or anybody be cracking jokes with what has happened so far?

At least 10,000 dead with a possible nuclear catastrophe and you're just laughing at it?
immature brats :/
almost makes me ashamed to be an australian with both of those two acting so... so... i guess i'd describe it as inhumane

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mercluke said:
Raiser said:
mezut360 said:
Sop said:

haha
Japanese zombies
COD 5

immature brats :/
almost makes me ashamed to be an australian with both of those two acting so... so... i guess i'd describe it as inhumane
My my, your expecting Australian humor to be any different? Why, its always been laugh at depressing situations, it is just the way they are.
But your right, it is an immature look on a grim situation, so I do believe we should be depressed and mope at what the future of this situation might hold, that is most certainly the best thing to do right now.

Looking at the media surrounding this, however, it would seem that people want to play this up as a situation that marks all of our dooms.
Yes; people have died
Yes; this will be hard to recover from
But no; this will not lead up to be a second Chernobyl, at least, not unless there is a will for it to be.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Liezah said:
Yeah!, I mean, they already got through WWII and went on to be technologically advanced than other countries!

Not really more advanced at all, though definitely top tier, they just love their obvious gadgets more than anyone else. A lot of it is utter shit that wouldn't sell anywhere else in the world. Even with the war against science going on in the western world right now the USA is probably still the most technologically advanced nation, Japan and Europe(well those parts like the UK, France, Germany et al) are probably level peggings.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
mezut360 said:
Sop said:

haha
Japanese zombies
COD 5
that made no sense . . .
nuclear sites will not result in zombies . the only thing that it can result with is radiation :\

Yeah... that was not really funny at all. Why are people stupid?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0