• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells_Judge

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not like that. There were no audits conducted by Democratic organizations after Trump had already been inaugurated. Turns out conservatives were the bigger snowflakes after all.

Well I guess he lost that "war."

Ah, so people demanding legitimate audits and the Democrats distorting the truth and rioting (notice how the conservatives got up and went to work like responsible, civic members of society) and using it as the basis for prosecuting the duly elected president of the United States are not equal pieces of evidence to observe in regards to post-election reactions?

And why would you want audits conducted by Democratic organizations, specifically? Wouldn't it be better to hire an independent party free of bias to examine everything? Kind of like with Enron? You don't see the conflict of interest there of hiring only Democrats to conduct audits? Not that the users on this site seems to understand what a conflict of interest is given recent events I've observed as I lurked back here recently.

And as for the war, how many has COVID actually killed?

Kind of tells you it was less about killing and more about manipulating and controlling a population that who's men have become weak after years of propaganda have made them act less like who they would be without said propaganda's influence.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I don't know why ya'll are so against the audits. I mean, if your guy truly and legitimately won, you should be for the audits as even further proof to rub t in your faces, right? I mean, it's not illegal to do an audit. Are you scared they may find something you don't want them too? And before you say, "No, it's because they can alter the results to make it look like they won," no because the counting was shown live in a livestream and it's being looked over with a fine tooth comb by everybody. So like I said, let them do the audit and prove more that your guy won so you can shove it in our faces.

This is pretty much how I feel about the audit. If Biden won Arizona then recounting the ballots will solidify that win. I'm not sure why Liberals would be against making sure the election was fair. It sort of like how the claim they want safe and fair elections yet fight against laws being passed that would cut down on the fraud in them. You can't believe a word the Liberals say and it seems to me like they want to simply overlook any fraud if any took place.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
notice how the conservatives got up and went to work like responsible, civic members of society
That narrative went up in flames January 6th, bud.

And why would you want audits conducted by Democratic organizations, specifically? Wouldn't it be better to hire an independent party free of bias to examine everything?
Yeah that was my point...it's strictly Republican organizations running all of the current "audits," which is why they're such a joke. We don't even need to wait for them to finish to know what the results are gonna be.

And as for the war, how many has COVID actually killed?
By some counts, more than 900K in the US. Under-reporting is the name of the game worldwide, no nation's government wants to be seen as incompetent.

Reactions: KingVamp and Lacius

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Mostly because people are requesting Audits only because they lost. Not because of fraud.. because you know the only people charged with voting fraud for 2020 elections were people who illegally voted for Trump. Requesting an Audit without real reason or proof is like having the cops break into your home to find reasons for a warrant. It does not work that way

Actually it does work that way. Need proof? Trump was targeted for impeachment regardless of guilt and the investigations in New York against Trump are being conducted just as you claim - there's no proof, they are searching for something to arrest him for. It's weird how it's okay for your side to do these things to the previous President of the USA yet the Right can't do the same.

Hells_Judge

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That narrative went up in flames January 6th, bud.

Yeah that was my point...it's strictly Republican organizations running all of the current "audits," which is why they're such a joke. We don't even need to wait for them to finish to know what the results are gonna be.

By some counts, more than 900K in the US. Under-reporting is the name of the game worldwide, no nation's government wants to be seen as incompetent.

BLM and Antifa dressing up as Trump supporters and staging a false flag. How else would they do it?

Then why is it that a leftist organization is doing the audits in NH?

And it's even lower than that, I guarantee you.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like the Democrats after Trump won in 2016 and the whole ordeal with Russiagate? And the bioweapon attack of which Trump said we were at war for last year?
Actually it does work that way. Need proof? Trump was targeted for impeachment regardless of guilt and the investigations in New York against Trump are being conducted just as you claim - there's no proof, they are searching for something to arrest him for. It's weird how it's okay for your side to do these things to the previous President of the USA yet the Right can't do the same.
....you don’t say..... 520D6AAB-6F31-4F39-89E9-2200DA0B9A45.jpeg

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
....you don’t say..... View attachment 263857

So you simply try to deflect from the fact that what you originally said wasn't true with a random picture of something that has nothing to do with what we're discussing? I'm not sure what you're trying to pull, but it's not working. Trump was targeted for impeachment before he was even elected and the investigations being conducted in New York against his companies are solely being done because Trump simply pointed out how crooked New York has become. Both of those things are dealing with the person who holds (or should I say held) the most powerful office in the world without any evidence of wrong doing.

So yes, you were wrong about your claims. It seems the bar has been set pretty low by your side in recent events. I however don't believe Republicans should stoop as low as Democrats have, but the audit is Arizona in another whole ball game. All they are doing is recounting the ballots to make sure there wasn't cheating going on. I'm not sure why the Left is so against common sense voter laws or simple things like recounts, especially if they're sure their side wasn't cheating.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BLM and Antifa dressing up as Trump supporters and staging a false flag. How else would they do it?

Man those redneck and white face masks were really convincing. :rolleyes:

So much for pretending you're anything more than just another Republican shill.
Yea false flag.. those damn lib.. infiltrated Qanon . Voted republican for all their lives. Live in deep red areas. post on far right groups .have countless amount of rift propaganda..
man these libs play the long con. Even after being arrested and public exposed they still claim they love Trump.
damn you BLM and you pesky dog too

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yea false flag.. those damn lib.. infiltrated Qanon . Voted republican for all their lives. Live in deep red areas. post on far right groups .have countless amount of rift propaganda..
man these libs play the long con. Even after being arrested and public exposed they still claim they lose Trump.
damn you BLM and you pesky dog too
Yeah if only they had since caught a bunch of the people involved in the attempted insurrection, so we could have some way of knowing whether there were truly any Trump supporters attending a Trump speech that day. /s

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Lacius

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you simply try to deflect from the fact that what you originally said wasn't true.

I see what you did there !!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The former president was impeached because he demonstrably committed impeachable offenses. There are investigations against the former president in New York and Georgia because there is evidence even the public is aware of that he committed crimes.

There's nothing about these things that's a fishing expedition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is pretty much how I feel about the audit. If Biden won Arizona then recounting the ballots will solidify that win. I'm not sure why Liberals would be against making sure the election was fair. It sort of like how the claim they want safe and fair elections yet fight against laws being passed that would cut down on the fraud in them. You can't believe a word the Liberals say and it seems to me like they want to simply overlook any fraud if any took place.
Because the fake audit in Arizona is being conducted by a Q-anon believing group with no election auditing experience who are on a fishing expedition for absurd fraud evidence like bamboo and, uh, stuff that would show up on a blacklight. The whole thing legitimizes the false allegations of voter fraud despite there having already been a legitimate adult of the election in Arizona. This sham audit is essentially a response by Arizona Senate Republicans to not liking the results of the election there.

They've used the wrong color marker that would easily allow anyone going through ballots to alter the ballots in a way that would change or void those ballots, they've blocked the press from witnessing what's happening, and they aren't revealing what all they're actually doing. It's expensive, and they've interrupted the chain of custody for the ballot machines, causing them all to have to be replaced, which will cost millions more than they're already spending. They've lied about finding things that they've had to go back and admit weren't actually found. They were supposed to be done by now but want to keep going arbitrarily because they haven't found anything yet, since it's 100% a fishing expedition where everybody in their right mind already knows there are no fish. It'd be one of the biggest jokes I've heard in a long time if it weren't so serious. Democracy is under attack, and that's not an exaggeration.

Reactions: KingVamp

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
The former president was impeached because he demonstrably committed impeachable offenses. There are investigations against the former president in New York and Georgia because there is evidence even the public is aware of that he committed crimes.

There's nothing about these things that's a fishing expedition.

You're right it's not a fishing expedition, it's a witch hunt. The Democrats decided to impeach Trump before he even took office for simply winning the 2016 election and the investigations in New York didn't start until Trump called out the city and the state for their lies. So the logic should be if the Democrat's can just go around investigating people with no guilt or no evidence of a crime that the Republicans can to, but I don't agree with that logic. Just because the Democrats are shitty people doesn't mean the Republicans have to stoop as low as they did regarding these circumstances.

Lacuis said:
Because the fake audit in Arizona is being conducted by a Q-anon believing group with no election auditing experience who are on a fishing expedition for absurd fraud evidence like bamboo and, uh, stuff that would show up on a blacklight. The whole thing legitimizes the false allegations of voter fraud despite there having already been a legitimate adult of the election in Arizona. This sham audit is essentially a response by Arizona Senate Republicans to not liking the results of the election there.

They've used the wrong color marker that would easily allow anyone going through ballots to alter the ballots in a way that would change or void those ballots, they've blocked the press from witnessing what's happening, and they aren't revealing what all they're actually doing. It's expensive, and they've interrupted the chain of custody for the ballot machines, causing them all to have to be replaced, which will cost millions more than they're already spending. They've lied about finding things that they've had to go back and admit weren't actually found. They were supposed to be done by now but want to keep going arbitrarily because they haven't found anything yet, since it's 100% a fishing expedition where everybody in their right mind already knows there are no fish. It'd be one of the biggest jokes I've heard in a long time if it weren't so serious. Democracy is under attack, and that's not an exaggeration.

Legitimizes the false allegations? Haha, funny. The allegations are either true or false depending on the outcome of the count and not your personal choices regarding how you feel about it. Any allegations of fraud should be taken seriously. Democracy isn't under attack. Democracy just like Capitalism is working as intended ... it's just Democrats seem to have something to hide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anti-Asian hate crimes bill signed.

Now we just need an Anti-Hate crime bill signed for every other race there is in existence. That includes an Anti-White hate crime law. LOL. There is no such thing as hate crimes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right it's not a fishing expedition, it's a witch hunt. The Democrats decided to impeach Trump before he even took office for simply winning the 2016 election
  1. The former president was not impeached for "simply winning the 2016 election." He was impeached the first time for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress in relation to the Trump-Ukraine scandal. In short, the former president tried to extort Ukraine into helping him with his reelection. He was impeached the second time for instigating an attack against the Capitol with the Big Lie about election fraud.
  2. The Democratic members of Congress did not "decide to impeach him before he even took office." The former president was elected in late 2016 and took office in early 2017, but he was impeached the first time in late 2019.
and the investigations in New York didn't start until Trump called out the city and the state for their lies.
The investigations started when evidence of the former president's crimes became available, not before. We had Michael Cohen, for example, testifying and causing the former president to be named as an unindicted co-conspirator. This has nothing to do with the former president criticizing anybody.

So the logic should be if the Democrat's can just go around investigating people with no guilt or no evidence of a crime that the Republicans can to
At the very least, we have more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation into the former president's alleged crimes, but there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud. I would agree with you that it would be a double standard if we didn't have any evidence of the former president's alleged crimes, but that's not the case.

Just because the Democrats are shitty people doesn't mean the Republicans have to stoop as low as they did regarding these circumstances.
Thanks for laying your biases out for all to see. In reality, there's only one political party that is actively trying to steal an election just because they didn't like that election's results, and are going on fishing expeditions to do so, and it is not the Democratic Party.

Legitimizes the false allegations? Haha, funny. The allegations are either true or false depending on the outcome of the count and not your personal choices regarding how you feel about it. Any allegations of fraud should be taken seriously. Democracy isn't under attack. Democracy just like Capitalism is working as intended ... it's just Democrats seem to have something to hide.
The allegations are false. There is no evidence of widespread election fraud. What is happening in Arizona is political theater orchestrated by the political right, and it does nothing but to slowly erode public confidence in American democracy.

What's happening in Arizona isn't a real audit, and it's pointless. We already have the results of actual election audits from across the country. It was a secure election in Arizona and everywhere else.

The Republican secretary of state in Arizona has decided to stop cooperating with the audit altogether, and rightfully so. The fake auditors and the Arizona Senate Republicans are demonstrably making things up (and in the case of the fake auditors, they've admitted it), and they've been called out on it. If you think the fake audit in Arizona is anything other than a sham, you're not paying attention.

Now we just need an Anti-Hate crime bill signed for every other race there is in existence. That includes an Anti-White hate crime law. LOL. There is no such thing as hate crimes.
Hate crimes exist, regardless of your "personal choices regarding how you feel about them." A law doesn't cease to exist just because you don't think it should exist.

As for your comment about drafting more hate crime bills, I think that's a perfectly good idea. Show me a vulnerable group that would benefit from hate crime legislation, and I'd support that bill.

Last edited by Lacius, , Reason: typos

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
  1. The former president was not impeached for "simply winning the 2016 election." He was impeached the first time for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress in relation to the Trump-Ukraine scandal. In short, the former president tried to extort Ukraine into helping him with his reelection.
  2. The Democratic members of Congress did not "decide to impeach him before he even took office." The former president was elected in late 2016 and took office in early 2017, but he was impeached in late 2019.
The investigations started when evidence of the former president's crimes became available, not before. We had Michael Cohen, for example, testifying and causing the former president to be named as an unindicted co-conspirator. This has nothing to do with the former president criticizing anybody.

At the very least, we have more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation into the former president's alleged crimes, but there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud. I would agree with you that it would be a double standard if we didn't have any evidence of the former president's alleged crimes, but that's not the case.

You're wrong. As soon as it looked like Trump was going to win plans were being made by the Democrats to impeach him for whatever reason they could find. Discussions of the planned impeachment can be found before he even won the election or took office. Further replies about this subject by you will be ignored as it's factual history. I know Democrats like to rewrite history to their liking, but I'm not going to forget what took place.

Thanks for laying your biases out for all to see. In reality, there's only one political party that is actively trying to steal an election just because they didn't like that election's results, and are going on fishing expeditions to do so, and it is not the Democratic Party.

The allegations are false. There is no evidence of widespread election fraud. What is happening in Arizona is political theater orchestrated by the political right, and it does nothing but to slowly erode public confidence in American democracy.

What's happening in Arizona isn't a real audit, and it's pointless. We already have the results of actual election audits from across the country. It was a secure election in Arizona and everywhere else.

My biases? I'm an independent. I don't like half the shit each side pulls.

So you don't personally like the recount, but that doesn't mean it isn't necessary. If there is fraud it'll be found and if not then at least we made sure there wasn't any. I'm still not sure why the Democrats would be against making sure the election wasn't rigged. The entire voting thing is funny when it comes to Democrats because for some unknown reason they don't want you to have to prove who you are to vote, but then when it comes to purchasing alcohol, tobacco, watching a movie or driving a car they want you to have an ID. It's almost like they want there to be voter fraud and if any happened in Arizona we'll find out. The recount ends soon so in a week or so we should have an answer. It's fine that you don't like it, but you're not the center of the universe and many voters in Arizona think it's necessary. Are you even a voter in Arizona?

Hate crimes exist, regardless of your "personal choices regarding how you feel about them." A law doesn't cease to exist just because you don't think it should exist.

As for your comment about drafting more hate crime bills, I think that's a perfectly good idea. Show me a vulnerable group that would benefit from hate crime legislation, and I'd support that bill.

I already did list another vulnerable group, White people. White people have become the target of organizations such as BLM (see my signature) and the Liberal media. If it's now a crime to speak badly to an Asian person then it also should be a crime to speak badly to a white person.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As we enter the twilight hours of this thread, I wanna draw attention to something:

Well. Jan20th we will see whats gonna happen. we have 4-8 years to get better or worse.

This was posted right after Obama's victory in 2008. A decent portion of the modern GBATemp users weren't active on the internet at all at that time, much less on this website.

Regardless of your opinions, it must be remembered that in 2008, people were as nervous and confused as they were 8 years later, and again now. This thread has been a dumpster fire, but it's nice to take a minute to step back and remember that this too, shall pass. One day, our words will be looked back on, too, by people who are as removed from our squabbling as Man18 all those years ago is to us now.

"We'll make it," is not a phrase I think of often anymore, I've seen too much and just feel too sad... But maybe we will. I hope we will, anyway.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong. As soon as it looked like Trump was going to win plans were being made by the Democrats to impeach him for whatever reason they could find. Discussions of the planned impeachment can be found before he even won the election or took office. Further replies about this subject by you will be ignored as it's factual history. I know Democrats like to rewrite history to their liking, but I'm not going to forget what took place.
Impeachment didn't happen before late 2019, whether or not some people talked about doing it beforehand. If I remember correctly, there were attempts to impeach the former president before 2019, and they were voted down by the Democrats, so I'm not sure what your problem is, and I'm personally uninterested in anything other than the actual impeachment efforts.

My biases? I'm an independent. I don't like half the shit each side pulls.
You just called Democratic politicians "shitty people" while saying Republicans don't need to stoop as low as them (suggesting they aren't inherently "shitty people" like the Democratic politicians are). I do not believe you are an independent, but that doesn't matter.

So you don't personally like the recount
It isn't that I personally dislike the fake audit. The problem is the audit is expensive, led by Qanon conspiracy theorists, is a fishing expedition, the election has already in part been legitimately audited, and the fake auditors with no experience auditing have already broken chain of custody twice (once with the ballots and once with the voting machines). They've also spewed disprovable bullshit that they had to retract. Factually, it isn't a real audit. It is political theater and an obvious attempt to perpetuate a lie about the election because that's what one party of voters in this country has idiotically bought into. My opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

So you don't personally like the recount, but that doesn't mean it isn't necessary.
It isn't necessary. The election results in Arizona have already, in part, been audited, and there is no evidence of any widespread fraud.

If there is fraud it'll be found and if not then at least we made sure there wasn't any.
We already know there wasn't any widespread fraud, and we are well aware of the Qanon biases of the supposed auditors that may get in the way of getting a fair assessment of the Arizona election.

I'm still not sure why the Democrats would be against making sure the election wasn't rigged.
They've already made sure the election wasn't rigged, and it's not just the Democrats who are against the fake audit in Arizona. The Republican Secretary of State, as well as other notable Arizona Republicans, have called out the fake audit for what it is: a sham and an embarrassment to the Republican Party.

I've also listed all of the major reasons to be against the fake audit in Arizona. You're ignoring them.

The entire voting thing is funny when it comes to Democrats because for some unknown reason they don't want you to have to prove who you are to vote, but then when it comes to purchasing alcohol, tobacco, watching a movie or driving a car they want you to have an ID.
There are already systems in place to mitigate against voter fraud. Voter ID laws are a way to disenfranchise voters who are less likely to vote Republican (urban voters, Black voters, Latinx voters, etc.). We don't even have to argue about the purpose of voter ID laws, because notable Republicans have already said the quiet part out loud: They exist to decrease voter turnout among likely Democratic voters so Republicans win.

When it comes to ID, you tried to list off a bunch of things that already require ID, but many or most voter ID bills exclude the kinds of identification that work for the items you listed. For example, a lot of Republican voter ID bills intentionally exclude college identification because college voters are more likely to vote Democratic, even though a college ID would work for almost everything else you listed. Your example backfired.

It's almost like they want there to be voter fraud\
They don't want there to be fraud, and there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

and if any happened in Arizona we'll find out.
There was no widespread fraud in Arizona, and we already know that. We also know that the fake audit happening in Arizona right now isn't an impartial audit, so the results are pretty meaningless either way.

The recount ends soon so in a week or so we should have an answer.
The fake audit was supposed to already be over, and I don't think anybody knows when it's actually going to end. There's talk about it continuing long into the summer, if not past the summer. It's a fishing expedition.

I would like it to be over, even though the results are probably going to be something like "we discovered some irregularities, but we aren't going to tell you what those irregularities were or provide any evidence of irregularities. The former president should still be president." Or, perhaps worse, they will find a handful of instances of fraud and use them as evidence of widespread fraud, even though they wouldn't be evidence of widespread fraud.

It's fine that you don't like it, but you're not the center of the universe
I never said, nor suggested, that I was the center of the universe. I'm not sure why you'd even say that. It's wholly irrelevant to the conversation.

and many voters in Arizona think it's necessary. Are you even a voter in Arizona?
Many voters in Arizona believe in debunked Qanon conspiracy theories, and vaccine microchips, and COVID being a hoax, and the moon-landing not happening, and think the former president should have won the 2020 election, etc. That doesn't mean it's right or should happen. A majority of voters in Arizona, and in the United States, believe Biden should be the president of the United States, and he is.

I already did list another vulnerable group, White people. White people have become the target of organizations such as BLM (see my signature) and the Liberal media. If it's now a crime to speak badly to an Asian person then it also should be a crime to speak badly to a white person.
White people are not a vulnerable population in this country. They're a majority, and they hold most of the power. There's no documented widespread violence against white people.

Violence against a white person on account of that person's race is already a hate crime, so I'm not sure what you want. The anti-Asian hate crime bill did things like make it easier to report hate crimes by including more Asian languages, increasing outreach with information, etc. I'm not sure what you want.

Last edited by Lacius, , Reason: typos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, Is that SAK I see. :ninja:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a weird game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I wanted to see shards of the titanic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here