• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you denying that you said Nancy Pelosi has family ties to the mob and that you don't like her because of it? If you are, it's easy to disprove your denial.

Please, provide some proof. It is the one thing you have not been able to do during our entire conversation.

I never said the reason I do not like her is because her family mob ties. I have plenty of other reasons for not liking her, which is my god/law given right.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let me help, because it is obvious you are in need. Here is my quote "What is right with her? I mean yeah, she doesn't look human... but if you look into her background, she has some questionable family ties. Mob relations."

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, provide some proof. It is the one thing you have not been able to do during our entire conversation.

I never said the reason I do not like her is because her family mob ties. I have plenty of other reasons for not liking her
Easy.
What's wrong with Nancy Pelosi? Wait, don't tell me: She's a reptilian humanoid who is also a pedophile?
if you look into her background, she has some questionable family ties. Mob relations.

This isn't the only conspiratorial nonsense your vomited into this thread. You seemed to suggest various conspiracy theories related to the Russia election meddling investigation, the riots on the Capitol, etc.

Also:
which is my god/law given right.
There is no evidence that a god exists. Your rights as an American come from the Constitution.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius, you make this too easy.

I provided court evidence that the russian collusion was a hoax. Hard evidence.

I simply said the riots are being investigated, and that the investigation should be concluded before a trail begins... like it is supposed to be done.

You my friend on the other hand, have offered no substantial evidence to your claims. N O N E.

Last edited by tthousand,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I provided court evidence that the russian collusion was a hoax. Hard evidence.
Russia objectively meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump and hurt Clinton. Are you arguing that's not the case?

I simply said the riots are being investigated, and that the investigation should be concluded before a trail begins... like it is supposed to be done.
You suggested there was more going on than just Trump supporters, instigated by Trump, attacking the Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the election results. Are you arguing that's that the case?

And again, you argued Nancy Pelosi has family ties to the mob, which is unsubstantiated conspiratorial nonsense.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius

A) Yes, there is now HARD EVIDENCE available from the highest branches of the United States government that the Russian collusion hoax was actually created to throw shade on the Clinton email scandal, in an attempt to dissuade voters from electing Trump in 2016.

B) Again, please stop taking my word out of context. But yes, it has been proven already in courts and arrests that there were in fact anti-trump individuals inciting the violence. Not saying we have all the evidence yet (like the dems are), just saying there is more to the story then we know at this point. And we need to wait to see all the facts before forming an opinion.

C) Half correct. I only implied the "questionable" family connections. I did not say with 100% certainty that there is. Just as you do not have the knowledge to state for a fact there is 100% certainty there are not connections.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Russia objectively meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump and hurt Clinton. Are you arguing that's not the case?

You suggested there was more going on than just Trump supporters, instigated by Trump, attacking the Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the election results. Are you arguing that's that the case?

And again, you argued Nancy Pelosi has family ties to the mob, which is unsubstantiated conspiratorial nonsense.
yeah, he's pulling the motte and bailey argument again- claiming to be stating simple facts and then pushing forth with absurd nonsense
also, this absolute dumbass is claiming to have provided "hard evidence" when all he did was plop a link or two and refuse to use his words about any of it
@Lacius

A) Yes, there is now HARD EVIDENCE available from the highest branches of the United States government that the Russian collusion hoax was actually created to throw shade on the Clinton email scandal, in an attempt to dissuade voters from electing Trump in 2016.

B) Again, please stop taking my word out of context. But yes, it has been proven already in courts and arrests that there were in fact anti-trump individuals inciting the violence. Not saying we have all the evidence yet (like the dems are), just saying there is more to the story then we know at this point. And we need to wait to see all the facts before forming an opinion.

C) Half correct. I only implied the "questionable" family connections. I did not say with 100% certainty that there is. Just as you do not have the knowledge to state for a fact there is 100% certainty there are not connections.
A) Then provide it. And not only provide it, but actually explain it this time instead of just plopping links. Until you actually prove your argument, it is by default a load of shit. (And the email scandal itself was used time and time again, months after it had already been resolved... TO DISTRACT PEOPLE FROM WHAT TRUMP WAS SAYING AND DOING. Hypocrite much?)
B) Those are your words IN context. And no, it really hasn't been proven. The one or two times people think that, it's because those people (like Jake Angeli) were also COUNTER-protesting at BLM rallies in an attempt to incite violence there too.
C) Dude, stop pulling the motte and bailey. It's a load of crap and we all know it.

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius

A is conspiratorial nonsense. B is conspiratorial nonsense. You said, with regard to C, that she had family ties to the mob. So that's both conspiratorial nonsense, and you're being disingenuous.

Oh, and we can't forget the conspiractory nightmare that is this post either. You suggested the existence of widespread voter fraud by Dominion, Biden, etc.

1. There are several reasons as why a stolen election would be made official. A) The pressure from outside sources as confirmed in the recent Times magazine. B) People working in collusion, because they have too much to lose if Trump won. C) Like any Sting operation, you let the bad guy think they are getting away with the crime while you collect evidence... and possibly catch even more people in the trap that you did not expect to get caught.

2. Again, there are several reasons why Biden would be acknowledged. A) These people are either in cahoots with him or his boss(es). B) Or these people know they have been caught, and playing along is part of the plea deal.

3. Of course the Dominion is creating a lawsuit, just like Epstein did against the young innocent women he and his affiliates raped, sold and tortured. The thing about the USA current judicial system, is that it is corrupt and can be changed to favor the guilty with a little bit or money and/or blackmail and/or threats.

4. I never liked Giuliani.... but when you play chess, you are not going to end the game with the same pieces you started with. Sacrifices must be made.

If you do not know that Reuters is biased, I will pray that one day you see the light.

Ever heard of a Freudian slip?

It is not the "Dems" who are powerful in this movie... they are just the "good guys" cast by the true directors.

As for why they would need to show the American public that they had an inauguration, even if it was faked, would be because public opinion matters.

Speaking of public opinion, it is funny to me that the most popular president ever receives so many dislikes on his White House youtube page, to the point where Likes are being added in the middle of the night while Dislikes are being removed.

It is also funny how little followers he has on Twitter. I figure with how popular he is, he would have a shit ton more followers.

Also very interesting how none of the US military follows him. SMH

As this charade starts coming apart at the seams, more is being revealed daily.

As someone once said, you make this too easy.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A is conspiratorial nonsense. B is conspiratorial nonsense. You said, with regard to C, that she had family ties to the mob. So that's both conspiratorial nonsense, and you're being disingenuous.

Oh, and we can't forget the conspiractory nightmare that is this post either. You suggested the existence of widespread voter fraud by Dominion, Biden, etc.

As someone once said, you make this too easy.
that last bit he said with the followers really hits me like a truck
like of course biden doesn't have millions of followers
he's a government official, not a cult leader
he doesn't need roving mobs to go wherever he goes, praise his every word, hold rallies in his name for no particular reason and irrationally defend him specifically as if he's some incorruptible saint that can do no wrong

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A simple misunderstanding on your part @Lacius

I was providing my opinion on why the election "could" have been fraudulent. I am not claiming anything I stated in those quotes to be fact, simply providing a "what if" as was asked of me.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was providing my opinion on why the election "could" have been fraudulent. I am not claiming anything I stated in those quotes to be fact, simply providing a "what if" as was asked of me.
That is not how that works.
This is the textbook definition of that motte-bailey argument I mentioned.
Pushing forward with a harder-to-accept argument, and then backing away like a coward and pretending it was something softer all along when you're challenged to prove it.
You have been CLAIMING these things, and then adamantly refusing to provide proper proof.
Don't pretend you aren't claiming anything.
If you aren't claiming anything, then don't post anything.
This isn't a thread for empty hypotheticals.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You literally suggested that Dominion is creating lawsuits because they're guilty in the same way Epstein was. That's conspiratorial nonsense. There's no misunderstanding on my part, but thanks for trying your best.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You literally suggested that Dominion is creating lawsuits because they're guilty in the same way Epstein was. That's conspiratorial nonsense. There's no misunderstanding on my part, but thanks for trying your best.

In my opinion, that is what is happening. As for being false, that's your opinion. We can only wait and see what happens with this case.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, that is what is happening. As for being false, that's your opinion. We can only wait and see what happens with this case.
And that's what's called "conspiratorial thinking." To accept a claim without having any evidence of that claim requires a suspension of critical thought and a suspension of skepticism. Your ridiculous behavior here is subject to ridicule, by definition. It's not personal.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, that's not how opinions work. You cannot have an opinion, peddle it as if it was fact and then claim it's just an opinion.
That's yet another motte and bailey.
Here's that motte-bailey thing I say a lot lately:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Motte_and_bailey
The motte-and-bailey argument, named after the motte and bailey of a medieval castle, is a fallacious argument in which a person switches from a less defensible argument (the bailey) to a more sensible, agreeable interpretation (the motte) when necessary, and claims to have always been presenting the motte. They will then keep pushing forward with the bailey anyway.
Your baileys are the ideas that Dominion and Biden have committed voter fraud, that Pelosi has ties to the mob that make her untrustworthy, and that the Capitol riot was not entirely the fault of Trump and his supporters.
Your mottes are those, but phrased as vacuous hypotheticals or "mere opinions" to hide the fact that you actually believe things that stupid and insist on claiming them as if they were factual.
(See? The proper way to back up your argument is to provide sources and explain your argument with their help!)

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, that's not how opinions work. You cannot have an opinion, peddle it as if it was fact and then claim it's just an opinion.
That's yet another motte and bailey.
Here's that motte-bailey thing I say a lot lately:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Motte_and_bailey
The motte-and-bailey argument, named after the motte and bailey of a medieval castle, is a fallacious argument in which a person switches from a less defensible argument (the bailey) to a more sensible, agreeable interpretation (the motte) when necessary, and claims to have always been presenting the motte. They will then keep pushing forward with the bailey anyway.
Your baileys are the ideas that Dominion and Biden have committed voter fraud, that Pelosi has ties to the mob that make her untrustworthy, and that the Capitol riot was not entirely the fault of Trump and his supporters.
Your mottes are those, but phrased as vacuous hypotheticals or "mere opinions" to hide the fact that you actually believe things that stupid and insist on claiming them as if they were factual.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, but no one has a right to their own facts.

It seems fitting that my last post got me to Level 23, right when we got him to admit to accepting a conspiracy theory as true.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has a right to their opinion, but no one has a right to their own facts.
Exactly- and before he has a chance to say "alternative facts", I'll quote something that applies a lot here.
What do you call alternative medicine that works? Medicine.
What do you call alternative facts that are actually true? Facts.
"Alternative facts" and opinions peddled as such are, by their very definition, false if they have to be "alternative" to established truth.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to look back into the past and see why people create lawsuits against those who create them against them. It's really not arguable, but you guys are obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs, because you have nothing else.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to look back into the past and see why people create lawsuits against those who create them against them. It's really not arguable, but you guys are obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs, because you have nothing else.
When you are the one making unsubstantiated claims, and you accept those claims to be true despite lack of evidence, don't say anybody else is "scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs." You're accomplishing nothing other than making yourself look laughably foolish.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are the one making unsubstantiated claims, and you accept those claims to be true despite lack of evidence, don't say anybody else is "scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs." You're accomplishing nothing other than making yourself look laughably foolish.

Like I said, it's really not arguable. That is EXACTLY why people make counter-suits. It happens all the time. But you have your own opinions obviously... or at least someone's.

I should start calling you the reach-around boys, because you are constantly reaching here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe