Just WHY is GameFAQs forums so damn ****??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not flaming. Protecting another member is all. There's no need of that sort of behavior is there? If we act like that toward fellow members unprovoked, we'll be just as bad as GameFAQ's in time.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
PuyoDead said:
I've been on GameFAQs for 8 years, with 2500+ karma.

So what, all that says is that you need to get a life.

Funny, that sounds exactly like the kind of stuff that gets posted there. Pointless attacks with no understanding of the original post. Thanks for proving my point. I said that simply to show how long I've been there, and how much crap I've seen. NOT to brag. Nobody in their right mind would brag about being on GameFAQs for a long time.

You might want to learn how to make constructive posts in the future. That kind of shit may pass as content on GameFAQs, but not here.

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
They moderated my message wen i asked 4 a gamesave.
frown.gif

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Haha there was some good and funny posts... thanks
biggrin.gif

Masta_mind257 said:
They moderated my message wen i asked 4 a gamesave.
frown.gif
And me for posting game saves... I dunno why. I even asked to upload to their "Saves" function to the game.
dry.gif
(But people wants game saves)

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gamefaqs is good if you go there for FAQs and ask questions on the board. People are friendly when they're answering questions.

If you say something like "This game has only one save slot and that really hurts, so I'll give this game 99/100 instead of 100/100" then people go insane and write a 400 word essay about how you don't need another save slot and you're a troll and blah blah blah...

And there are people who believe 256 x 192 DS screen has better graphics than 1920x1080 next gen consoles. Jesus who stares into a 50" HDTV from a foot distance, TV is gonna toast your eyeballs.

Citric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cubin' said:
Soooo many fanboys on gamefaq.

I love the PSP vs. DS 'discussions' they're quite entertaining.

Here's a quick preview:

Lawlz PSPissgheyz
Psp haz teh shitz gameplyz lawl 4 hours battery>?!?!? LAWL
DS HAZ:
MICROFONE
TOUCHSCRENZ
TWO SCREENZ
lawl.
psp haz no gamez ds has so much way better gameplayz.
lawl PSPiss

it's entertaining but makes me feel sick at the same time.
You're doing it wrong, it's more gameplayz. Because gameplay is a quantitative measure! Somehow. It's also somehow inversely proportional to the amount of graphics the game contains. I suppose if you put in too many graphics you run out of room and you can't fit in any of the gameplays? I'm not sure, I haven't been 14 for years.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every day this site is turning more and more into Gamefaqs (Which I have only browsed across a dozen times or so). It is sad really... as well as a very interesting thing to watch go down. 6 months ago I said, "Well it can't get much worse from here" and today after attempting to read what others though about Opoona on the Wii I found out the site can get much much worse. The trolling, the fanboy wars, arguing....personally I care that jalaneme does not want to play the game...she has made herself an established member and so if I play Opoona and love it I might want to make sure I tell one of GBAtemp's members to go ahead and give it a go. But now we had like 2 pages full of quotes of 3 new members trying to bash jalaneme ... and she is a big girl so she can defend for herself, the problem for me is reading all that bullshit.

It is a two part problem. 1) We ALL like drama so you see it and its very hard not to read and 2) Drama can quickly kill a forum as it can make reading a topic a tedious task.

There is a saying that goes around these parts "If you try and leave GBAtemp you will come back, nobody ever leaves forever" And it is true as GBAtemp USED to be like a good drug you'd actually miss the site, wonder what your friends were doing, what they were playing, what they were drawing. And as long as you enjoy your stay your not gonna want to stay off the site. The fact that many members have left has shown the site has turned more from a good drug to a bad drug...and some of GBAtemps best members have kicked the habit. And that sucks. My 2 cents as I drink my coffee.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Oh, no way... they banned my other account too... grr!! What to do?? Use proxy and spam?

mindphreak78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I SOOO agree. The FAQs on GameFAQs are awesome; and back in the day (like the late 90s) GameFAQs forums weren't that bad. But it has indeed become overrun with stupidity and pure bull****!

I actually just had my latest account on GameFAQs temp-banned, because on the GTA4 board, I posted a joke topic of "anybody else found the hidden Dodo yet!?" (Dodo being a plane from the GTA3 genre)... inside I put "arf, arf; made ya' look, w00t! ;-)". It got moderated, and the damn mod left the moderation message as almost a direct insult, going on and on about, "if you don't play the game at all and just come to harass it's considered trolling". I appealed with a message using many colorful words telling the mod it was a joke topic and where they could stick their power-trip and their karma points, as well as the message, "oh no, will the universe still be able to continue functioning correctly with 3 LESS KARMA POINTS!? *shock*".

So the mod replies to it saying I tried preaching false information as fact, etc, etc, still being rather rude and insulting.

So I appealed saying, "forget the rules, why don't YOU try showing me ANYPLACE I claimed ANY of it to be fact stooge!?" Also mentioned that GameFAQs has fallen a LONG ways from where it used to be... how it USED to be an interesting and decent site and how now it's just pure crap.

It got appealed/forwarded to the head admin... needless to say that account is restricted now; I can view the FAQs, but can't post or read message boards. Tried making another account just to read message boards (because I recently made a topic about a game issue I was stuck on)... due to their "paranoia" they restricted the new account (different email address, etc) with "read-only access" with a message that says, "the account shall be reviewed and verified within 24 hours, at which point it'll either be approved full access or deleted".

So exactly how old are the mods on GameFAQs again? Like 7 years old maybe? Might explain their powertrips... perhaps they should put that much effort into a REAL job and make some REAL money aye? ;-)

mindphreak78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, something else I find wildly amusing about the GameFAQs forums... is the selectivity of the mods.

I keep my convos there (or did until I said piss on 'em) educated, civil, etc.

Then when I make a topic about a Dodo in GTA (which IS on topic) they moderate it for being off-topic.

YET, last I checked, the "waffles or pancakes?" topic is alive and well, along with about half a dozen to a full dozen "Rick Roll" posts claiming to be some video-game related video!

mindphreak78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoood said:
raulpica said:
maikelsteneker said:
Sure, the forums suck, but GameFAQs is a very good site. I use it for all my walkthrough, cheating etc. needs, and they're quite good at listing game releases.
Yeah, true. I've never posted on the forums. Lots of noobs/trolls/other.

But the Walkthrough section is one of the best of the entire intarwebz
tongue.gif

Just go on GBATemp for some serious gaming discussion
biggrin.gif
Same.

I actually frequent the boards sometimes. yeah. For every useful post there's usually 30 shitty topics. The admins need to add a "Filter this shit please" button.

ROFLMAO... sooo true at bolded! ;-)

EDIT: OMG, LMAO... check this out! Animated GIF about something that supposedly happened on GameFAQs; supposedly true story, crazy as hell if so!
PS - Allow time between frames for them to change. There's no real transition, it's instant change, it's not broken, just takes time! :-P

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the GameFAQs mods, just remember one thing:

Light a mod a fire, heat him for a day.
Light a mod on fire, heat him for the rest of his life.

Words to live by, brought to you by WildWon, GE, and viewers like you.

"WildWon, hey, he's not such an asshole after all!"®

*cue end credits"

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they banned me for no god damn reason and with out telling me ethier wtfh?!?
fuckinggamefaqs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol his pole numbers went up after the conviction, street cred lol