JXD S7800? Seems like a pretty obscure device.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, glancing through a lot of them reviews I wouldn't give them the time of day to be honest. The device was only released yesterday was it not? How do most of them get reviews out for a device most won't have their hands on yet?

Regardless, there is no denying that if things like this can be sideloaded with apps from the playstore, then it looks a very good piece of equipment indeed. Lets just hope it comes to UK shores!

Reactions: the_randomizer

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something strange.

MAME4droid (0.139u) seems to think that it has been uninstalled after a system reboot and I have to re-install it, only to find that my previous settings are still intact and that it's still looking on the external SD for the roms.

Why would it do this?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MAME4droid (0.139u) seems to think that it has been uninstalled after a system reboot and I have to re-install it, only to find that my previous settings are still intact and that it's still looking on the external SD for the roms.

Why would it do this?

That's really weird, does it happen every time?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Why would it do this?

I had this problem. Nothing to do with the S7800 its the app. If you go into settings and then apps and look at MAME4Droid, youll probably see that the app is under a meg in size, and the USB storage app is about 80mb. The problem is MAME has a slight issue (Ive found anyway) with running off the USB storage. If you click "move to tablet", it will move the whole app to the initial storage (not ideal I know as this space is limited) but it did solve the problem.

Its not the only app that has this problem either, I use Tune In Radio Pro and this also suffers the same problem, you just have to move the entire app back to internal storage.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem. Nothing to do with the S7800 its the app. If you go into settings and then apps and look at MAME4Droid, youll probably see that the app is under a meg in size, and the USB storage app is about 80mb. The problem is MAME has a slight issue (Ive found anyway) with running off the USB storage. If you click "move to tablet", it will move the whole app to the initial storage (not ideal I know as this space is limited) but it did solve the problem.

Its not the only app that has this problem either, I use Tune In Radio Pro and this also suffers the same problem, you just have to move the entire app back to internal storage.

Bummer, and yes I have another program that does that. I forget which though.

On the upside, my MAME collection is relatively small.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bummer, and yes I have another program that does that. I forget which though.

On the upside, my MAME collection is relatively small.

The actual Mame roms to my knowledge can sit wherever you want them to, its just the app itself which has to sit in the primary storage all by itself I believe. But yeah I think my MAME roms is only like 200mb or so also.

neekee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys. I know this is an old thread but I've read pretty much the whole thing and it was really helpful.

I just ordered a JXD S7800b on Amazon France from a French retailer for 138€. (keep in mind that the Shield is still 260€ here)

I should be receiving it in a couple days. It's my first handheld system since the GBA (lol), and my first Android/tablet product as well.

I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me a bit with starting up with it ?

Like, what accessories should I get ? (cables etc...)

Which firmware to get ?

Best emus ?

Tips and tricks to get the best experience, really. :)

Hope you guys find the time ^^

Cheers ~

neekee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright thanks guys I'll start on that ~

Kristianity77, are you still using yours ? If so, how well is it performing after long term use ? Thanks ~

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright thanks guys I'll start on that ~

Kristianity77, are you still using yours ? If so, how well is it performing after long term use ? Thanks ~

I got rid of mine a few weeks ago, but mine was performing totally fine right up until I sold it.

I was using Webclaws firmware also so recommend his latest version also. Do NOT upgrade to any kitkat roms, they are more trouble than they are worth.

Emulators like mentioned above, use the .Emu series. That takes care of perfect, NES, SNES, GBA, Neo Geo, Genesis emulation. N64 emulation is hit and miss so I didnt bother with that. PPSSPP for PSP works really well with the majority of games working full speed on the device.

neekee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got rid of mine a few weeks ago, but mine was performing totally fine right up until I sold it.

Good to know !

I noticed you used a USB thingie to charge it. Did it perform well 'till the end ?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good to know !

I noticed you used a USB thingie to charge it. Did it perform well 'till the end ?

Yep, perfectly fine. The mains chargers that they come with can be hit and miss in terms of quality. So I just bought a cable that goes USB > Barrel plug I think they call the connection and just used my samsung note 2 charger. Charges the device in about 2 hours or so.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok