KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
jan777 said:
Nah, never say die bro. You'll never know.
laugh.gif

Zero's a girl.

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
can the winner chose to get the amount of money instead of getting steam games?

like for example if someone wins first prize
do they have to have to get steam games that equal $60
or
can they get $60 like in money form? (paypal)
If it's through PayPal and PayPal doesn't try to charge me any extra fees for gifting money, then sure, that's doable. (But I'll be gifting the winning amount in USD)

Great entries so far guys! Beautiful memories! Keep 'em comin', roughly 2 days left!
yay.gif

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
my one and only entry. I'm definitely showing my age on this one
This is my Xmas back in 1992, I was 10. I finally received the NES I had been begging about for years...it was just before the Snes was going to be released, but I didn't care.
Anyway I wanted to portray the Mario gang kinda Tired, old, pissed off, and battle worn, for various reasons...

1) To show the amount of adventures that the mario gang has had from 1992 to today (I'm sure 20 years of beating bad guys would take a toll on them)

2) To communicate the ridiculous amounts of lives I lost at mario bros 3 when I just got it ( games were hard back then!). I'm sure Mario didn't appreciate it. Also, warped checkered flooring in the piece represents mario 3

3) To show that no matter how many years of battling he has under his belt, Luigi is still a big pussy.

4) I wanted to add bowser in there too but without actually drawing him *points to claw marks on Mario's hat*

5) I wanted to mix up the mediums a bit. I think it worked personally.

here it is. hope you like.

tempmas.jpg

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So...everyone is aiming for 2nd/3rd place now huh?
Awesome art as usual Myke, I was hoping you'd enter at some point, though I think some would have rather you hadn't, ahaha.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
So...everyone is aiming for 2nd/3rd place now huh?
Awesome art as usual Myke, I was hoping you'd enter at some point, though I think some would have rather you hadn't, ahaha.

only Martin can tell who's gonna get first...hell I might not even win....I wasn't going to enter but work was slow these last couple of days so I gave it a shot. I dig your entry =)

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Myke said:
my one and only entry. I'm definitely showing my age on this one
This is my Xmas back in 1992, I was 10. I finally received the NES I had been begging about for years...it was just before the Snes was going to be released, but I didn't care.
Anyway I wanted to portray the Mario gang kinda Tired, old, pissed off, and battle worn, for various reasons...

1) To show the amount of adventures that the mario gang has had from 1992 to today (I'm sure 20 years of beating bad guys would take a toll on them)

2) To communicate the ridiculous amounts of lives I lost at mario bros 3 when I just got it ( games were hard back then!). I'm sure Mario didn't appreciate it. Also, warped checkered flooring in the piece represents mario 3

3) To show that no matter how many years of battling he has under his belt, Luigi is still a big pussy.

4) I wanted to add bowser in there too but without actually drawing him *points to claw marks on Mario's hat*

5) I wanted to mix up the mediums a bit. I think it worked personally.

here it is. hope you like.

tempmas.jpg
you just killed the competition
with that amazing entry

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, wonderful entries! Only a few hours remain!

Remember to check the first post for a link to what time the contest ends in your city!
wink.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My dad likes telling this story to everyone much to my shame and he's proud of it. I remember it like it was yesterday.
In the Philippines, families usually wait until 12mn during Christmas Eve to celebrate Christmas.
So this is the story of... *dun dun dunnnn*
HOW MY DAD RUINED MY CHRISTMAS

christmasisover.jpg

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CONTEST OVER!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Here are your winners:

-----

3RD PLACE ($20 value):

martin-christmas-entry01.jpg

martin-christmas-entry02.jpg

Zarcon's entry. Proves that even the most determined atheist can be won over with a combination of the Christmas spirit and giant bloodthirsty robut-suits.

-----

2ND PLACE ($40 value):

christmasisover.jpg

Orc's entry. Don't worry Orc, you're probably adopted anyway.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

-----

1ST PLACE OMG! ($60 value) :

tempmas.jpg

Myke's entry. The longer I stare at it, the more I want it tattoo'd onto my left butt-cheek. Simply mystifying, the level of detail... UNGH. Blows my brains.

Great job to everyone who entered, I loved every single last memory, and the interpretations presented were amazing! Here's to another year of great art...!

May you all have a wonderful day, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!
toot.gif

(winners, PM me with your Steam UserID or E-mail address linked to the Steam account along with your list of games)

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?