Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards coming to Nintendo Switch Online on May 20

Nintendo has confirmed the release date for the next N64 game coming to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack service. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards will be available to subscribers on May 20. As of now, the only N64 game that has been previously announced for the NSO Expansion Pack but not given a date yet is Pokémon Snap, but, with a steady release date of one per month, it's likely we'll see that release sometime in June. Historically Nintendo has done a large showcase around this time, so it's possible we'll get a tease of more NSO games coming at that time.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I really like this game. My son played it since the Wii days when he was a little boy, and I'm sure he will be pleased to replay it again on his Switch.

This game has a "soul" that few N64 games had. Pleased until now, just wish they release a couple each month.

My kids also spent a lot of time in my retro basement zone with Kirby. they likely know every polygon in the game. Pokemon Stadium 2 is also very popular at the moment. it's fun to watch them rediscover all the classics for themselves!

Reactions: nWo

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember me of something...
If even Nintendo could make such round object back then
Then why were we stuck with these
1652431622965.png

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Let's be honest, you would pirate the shit out of every Nintendo game even if they had a phenomenal online service that would piss on Sony and Microsoft's heads. You don't need to justify your actions using some kind of "scummy videogame rental" as the scapegoat. You weren't able to do this when Blockbusters was around because your parents would be mad like there was no tomorrow

Last edited by Cris1997XX,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Fun but limited game, realising this after the Switch finally got a decent modern 3D Kirby game feels like a joke. The game is very much a product of its time and really could use a moderm remake were you can play all the main characters in all levels.

Like I love Super Mario Bros but Super Mario Bros 3 is so much better is ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know, I wonder if the folks who have a deep moral objection to Nintendo's ROM subscription service actually apply the same logic everywhere else.
Honest question - does the same logic apply to something like Game Pass? How about movies and shows - do any of you actually buy DVDs instead of just subscribing to Netflix?

I don't care if you pirate video games, there's no real moral objection to ganking an old nintendo game, especially if you can't buy it anymore.
But let's be real here, sitting there making excuses about it and trying to sound morally right for doing so just makes you look like a tryhard and a loser.
I think those who have a deep moral objection just don't like renting games. Especially if they can't choose what to rent.
However, it would be pretty cool if Nintendo just had a service where you put a few bucks on the table and get the roms for the games you want, like Sega.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
big fan of this game. Glad to see it released by nintendo since the emulation of it on switch wasn't perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D