Kirby and the Forgotten Land is out this March

Announced in a Nintendo Direct last September was the latest Kirby game, Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Offering up a 3D experience this time around, the game also features local co-op and new copy abilities, as confirmed by a new trailer that went live today. Nintendo revealed the release date as well, setting a launch for March 25th.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In the Kirby and the Forgotten Land game, join the powerful and cute hero, Kirby, as he gains new abilities in a 3D platforming adventure for the Nintendo Switch system that’s filled with wonder, wilderness and Waddle Dees. If that sounds intriguing, take a deep breath, because the game launches on March 25.

Kirby has a flair for inhaling air, so he’ll have his work cut out for him when he arrives in an unknown land and discovers that Waddle Dees are being kidnapped in droves by the Beast Pack! To rescue the Waddle Dees, Kirby heads out on a journey with the curious Elfilin, whom he meets in the new world.

:arrow: Source

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk, I am waiting for games to actually be released before judging them. I am hyped for both of these games and kind of tired of the anti-hype around Legends. I honestly hope the game is a good one and that we finally see some change in GameFreak. If I am disappointed, then I want that to come from the experience of playing the game and not just from watching trailers.
I for one wouldn't want to pay for disappointment.

Reactions: Dud and raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, and since this is slated for March, that means Splatoon 3 is likely pushed back into early Summer, at best. :/

Nintendo is having to step up with their own games as many games are either going cloud on the Switch or just not releasing on it due to the weak hardware. And Nintendo online service sucks so if you want a cloud game there are better options.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically Super Mario Odyssey but is Kirby? Looks pretty cool but I still have to finish the 3DS games so nope, not buying it.

this looks like odissey but with kirby, im down for this, looks so much fun, and its not a sidescroller like 99% of all kirby games, i will buy this for sure.
I should correct both of you, that this game plays more like Super Mario 3D World than Super Mario Odyssey. There are stages, goals, and the like that are enough to de-confirm an open-world style game. What the levels do have are fully 3D environments, unlike past mainline Kirby games.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant believe that it took them 30 years to finally do this but it looks really cool, haven't played a kirby game in 8 years since i got burnt out from them being too same-y. Hopefully 3d will make everything feel fresh even if it has the simple platforming of the 2D games

EDIT: this also means that d-pad up wont be the float button, accidentally puffing and losing all of your momentum is the worst feature of 2d kirby ON GOD

Last edited by orangy57,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I should correct both of you, that this game plays more like Super Mario 3D World than Super Mario Odyssey. There are stages, goals, and the like that are enough to de-confirm an open-world style game. What the levels do have are fully 3D environments, unlike past mainline Kirby games.
Mario odyssey is also consistent of levels and objectives lol you choose a planet and you have goals to win the starts and unlock furthers parts of said planet.

Also we all said odissey due to the aesthetics, like one stage is a abandoned human like city in post apocalypt world, while another is a beach resort and so on, unlike past kirby games where they were like 90% just forests or indistinguishable stages like you dont know much about them, they didnt have much of an identity for each stage.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario odyssey is also consistent of levels and objectives lol you choose a planet and you have goals to win the starts and unlock furthers parts of said planet.

Also we all said odissey due to the aesthetics, like one stage is a abandoned human like city in post apocalypt world, while another is a beach resort and so on, unlike past kirby games where they were like 90% just forests or indistinguishable stages like you dont know much about them, they didnt have much of an identity for each stage.
Where you say planet, that should be region/kingdom for the most part.
The graphics and aesthetics part, I do get. What I was trying to say earlier, is more about the gameplay, how most, if not all of, the stages have a set linear objective.
I could say that the visuals are more like Super Mario Odyssey, while the gameplay is more like Super Mario 3D World.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These Kirby games from Wii up to this point aren't being made by Sakurai... right?

Or is he still in charge of the Kirby development?
That should've been up to the GameCube era that Sakurai was in charge. Currently, he doesn't have any involvement in the more recent Kirby games. Another director (that I don't remember the name of) has taken charge of these games instead, likely including this recent one.
This may also be one of the reasons why more recent Kirby games don't have as much representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That should've been up to the GameCube era that Sakurai was in charge. Currently, he doesn't have any involvement in the more recent Kirby games. Another director (that I don't remember the name of) has taken charge of these games instead, likely including this recent one.
This may also be one of the reasons why more recent Kirby games don't have as much representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Well... that's a shame.

I think the last good Kirby game I played was Mouse Attack/Squeak Squad.

Beyond that is just meh, even the 3DS ones.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Where you say planet, that should be region/kingdom for the most part.
The graphics and aesthetics part, I do get. What I was trying to say earlier, is more about the gameplay, how most, if not all of, the stages have a set linear objective.
I could say that the visuals are more like Super Mario Odyssey, while the gameplay is more like Super Mario 3D World.
we havent seen the gameplay yet but yeah could be, but like i said the asthetics and the level design scream odissey 10 times over and that is not a bad thing imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab