Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, features multiplayer obstacle courses

Nintendo has a new Kirby game for fans this summer. Kirby's Dream Buffet has been suddenly announced, and is a 4 player obstacle course-centric multiplayer game, similar in vein to Fall Guys. Four players get to go head to head by rolling through the levels, trying to collect as many strawberries as possible, in order to gain the edge in the final course that sees them fight to the finish. Kirby's Dream Buffet will be out sometime later this summer, and will be a digital-only release, with no price point currently given.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this 1 minute video, Nintendo have delivered more exclusives than the PS5 and Xbox series in two years.

The bar is so fucking low for gaming right now.
When you say exclusives do you mean ports of their old games or shit attempts at taking it in a new direction or just the usual recycled shit.

And then do you mean all the old titles they failed to get first time round, games such as ps2 titles.

Or its premium one subscription, again only giving you what.... yup, you guessed it right, more old games.

I can clearly see your argument here, its a shame you have to wait for nintendo to play catch up before your able to play anything from the last generation.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games were good not because they were exclusives but because they were innovative and fresh. Exclusivity did nothing to make them better and had they come out on every available console at the time they would've done better sales wise and allowed for further innovation. The reason games fail to sell or aren't as good is because the companies are relying on their exclusivity to sell games and for fanboys to buy shovelware which they do and because they do instead of working harder to make money they can sit back and do the same boring shit and thus making games worse overall.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, I'm happy that we're getting a new Kirby game, but seeing that initial racing mode made me pretty bummed since it most likely means they've strayed from using the Air Ride formula...how I miss it so

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is exclusivity the bar? Sony and Xbox are making more money than ever precisely because they've expanded to PC. I love me some Kirby, but Nintendo would be wise to consider doing the same, as most Switch games can be emulated well anyway.
If Nintendo would just create a USB Switch game card reader and a emulator to go with it, they can have their cake and eat it too with hard and software sales!

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
NO exclusivity is what you want as gamer. it gives healthy competition for innovation etc.. Now it will become a semi dry waste land. Watch my words.(as it is already) Atleast we still have nintendo.
exclusivity is bad for us gamers that can't afford to buy 10 different systems to play 1 or 2 half assed developed game. I don't know about you, but i'd rather pay for baby food and rent instead of crappy consoles and handhelds for just a game or two.

Reactions: LightyKD

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the joke, I did play that game.

We still need a racing game were Kirby is the car.

139fbc5d8365c79acf5fe1093dab776f.jpg

I think this is close enough

vaanen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the exclusivity talk is so boring... Exclusives are both a positive and negative. Its a negative because you have to buy a specific system so the customer lose, but also a positive because that means it has to have something and is generally a big game, with a lot of thought and budget. You dont make a bad exclusive, if you do then its just wasted money, yet you see loads of mediocre multiplatform games. Nintendo puts (or used to put) a lot of effort into their exclusive to attract gamers, specially during their flop eras (n64 and gamecube) because they needed to attract people.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
the exclusivity talk is so boring... Exclusives are both a positive and negative. Its a negative because you have to buy a specific system so the customer lose, but also a positive because that means it has to have something and is generally a big game, with a lot of thought and budget. You dont make a bad exclusive, if you do then its just wasted money, yet you see loads of mediocre multiplatform games. Nintendo puts (or used to put) a lot of effort into their exclusive to attract gamers, specially during their flop eras (n64 and gamecube) because they needed to attract people.
What people don't understand is that exclusives are there to sell hardware hence it needs to be so good that you don't want to miss it. Meanwhile multiplatform games are mostly cash grabs. There are exceptions like hollow knight of course.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fall Guys is not even Original, is basically just Mario Party Online.
how is it not original? i mean there's no board games in fall guy's there's only the same mini games over and over in fall guy's i don't see how it's original.

vaanen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What people don't understand is that exclusives are there to sell hardware hence it needs to be so good that you don't want to miss it. Meanwhile multiplatform games are mostly cash grabs. There are exceptions like hollow knight of course.
exactly. Multiplatform are here to make money. Exclusives are here to sell a system and make you a prisonner of it. If the exclusive is not good, it failed as an exclusive. Hence why most exclusive are much higher quality (a Nintendo game or Sony game tend to be much higher quality than third party games).

Sony is notorious to have barely profitable costly exclusives and they didnt even seem to care if they didnt make that much profit as long as it helps their image and sell consoles. That would be a total failure for regular multiplatform games to barely make profit or lose money. If the multiplatform is not good, it doesnt matter as long as it makes money by trying to be as cheap yet as profitable possible. Exceptions to the rule ofc but it is the rule. Wonder why square enix games lost a lot of their charm, ambition and budget ? Almost all their games used to be exclusives, now they are all multiplatform

Last edited by vaanen,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
exclusivity is bad for us gamers that can't afford to buy 10 different systems to play 1 or 2 half assed developed game. I don't know about you, but i'd rather pay for baby food and rent instead of crappy consoles and handhelds for just a game or two.
Thing is. It is not about a game or 2. There used to be TONS of exclusive games. Yes it costs money. But the payoff in inovation and originallity is way bigger, then everything multiplatform.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work