Hacking Launch Pegaswitch script without puyo puyo on 1.0.0

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM has released a script that installs an option in the news section to go straight to the pegaswitch server. This means that you can launch Puyo Puyo on a 1.0.0 console, install the pegaswitch "fake news" script, and not use puyo puyo again. This also means that you can dump games and run other script on 1.0.0.

(mind you, you still have to run your own pegaswitch server)

Pegaswitch has been updated so grab the script from there.

This works for 1.0.0 to 3.0.0 consoles.

2017032202293000-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Script was originally from kgsws, modified by sciresM.

https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch

Last edited by blinkzane,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't rely on that "just" yet. we aren't sure how permanent it is and it would suck if the game was needed again at a later date to re-install.

I don't know the specifics, but "This also means that you can dump games and run other script on 1.0.0." seems pretty solid to me. Although, I guess it's only 1.0.0 systems.

Also, $56.00 isn't that bad if there would be a need to snag a couple copies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ninten...119173?hash=item1ec40bb005:g:4ocAAOSwDKtY1rUm

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the specifics, but "This also means that you can dump games and run other script on 1.0.0." seems pretty solid to me. Although, I guess it's only 1.0.0 systems.

Also, $56.00 isn't that bad if there would be a need to snag a couple copies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ninten...119173?hash=item1ec40bb005:g:4ocAAOSwDKtY1rUm
So pretty much in order to dump games, originally on 1.0.0 you coudn't remove puyo puyo while pega was running(due to the launcher running in the game). this gets rid of that so now you can dump other games.

it makes an easier boot for other FW because it puts the pegaswitch launcher right on the lockscreen disabling the need to go to settings/eshop/update method.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it makes an easier boot for other FW because it puts the pegaswitch launcher right on the lockscreen disabling the need to go to settings/eshop/update method.

Then, I guess this is an improvement, but I won't be able to test this myself for lack of a 1.0.0 Switch. 2.3/3.0 should happen soon, but.....there are so many limited-edition games, I can barely keep up--just hoping one of the titles I have can be the next exploit cart.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, I guess this is an improvement, but I won't be able to test this myself for lack of a 1.0.0 Switch. 2.3/3.0 should happen soon, but.....there are so many limited-edition games, I can barely keep up--just hoping one of the titles I have can be the next exploit cart.
CFW soon. just keep holding on with lower firmware. no need for a cart for exploits, puyo puyo was just another way to launch the browser. you can do that on the other firmwares.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
work fine for me. Have a nice Logo now, but it always say no Connection, so not sure what is missing, since the PegaSwitch is running.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you try to start pegaswitch via: sudo node start.js --webapplet ?
Nope, let me try that right now and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.
You sir are a proper legend! Thanks very much - working fine now!

Got the fake news working OK. Nice and quick to launch Pega now and Puyo is back in box.
After installing saw the following code comment on github:
// BEWARE! By modifying system save data you risk a brick.
LOL - may not have proceeded if I saw that first.

Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: blinkzane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work