Hacking Discussion LayeredFS Backup Loader vs TX Backup Loader

Which backup loader do you prefer?

• TX Backup Loader

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • LayeredFS Backup Loader

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Both

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Neither! Will wait for something stable!

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • Not my thing! I'm playing legit games!

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi Guys!
Here's food for thought:
Which one of the two backup loaders is superior?
What are the benefits / drawbacks of each?
Which one will you be using?

I myself prefer the LayeredFS method as it might have one feature TX one has not!:D

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
You want to compare something that takes like 10 step and still unable to run all backups, save to something that just drags and drops but work on all backups?

You know with a proper file manager with renaming and npdm editing feature could literally enable you to redirect 100 titles to a donor title tested to be 100% compatible right?

Reactions: Shirpie

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one plays South Park? Which one plays games like Doom, Breath of the Wild and other big hitting titles? That's the one I go for...(I already have Doom & Breath of the Wild physically, but haven't bought South Park....TX announced this device right about the time I was about to buy South Park off GameFly...)

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You know with a proper file manager with renaming and npdm editing feature could literally enable you to redirect 100 titles to a donor title tested to be 100% compatible right?

Come back when that stuff is actually a reality. Currently SXOS is the way to go, why do you think all big names are rushing to crack it when they could work on LayerFS since last weeks?

Last edited by longxa762,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Come back when that stuff is actually a reality. Currently SXOS is the way to go, why do you think all big names are rushing to crack it if they could work on LayerFS since last weeks?
I think they might be doing this to stand up to the challenge launched by TX (literally gave public access to their software lol).
I agree that Layered BL needs more polishing/support to be 100% functional but it's being worked on!

kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently SXOS is superior. Less hassle and leg work, higher compatibility. Even with methods you describe no donor title has 100% success rate with layeredfs. and nice to have titles displayed correctly with SXOS. all in all it is the superior option currently, unless you can't afford it. But that's to be expected, generally these paid options are superior for quite some time and will eventually be outdone by homebrew options. but it will probably be cracked anyway and then the only downside (cost) is negated.

Reactions: Centergaming

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Yes we've got quite some nifty features with TX atm.

Currently SXOS is superior. Less hassle and leg work, higher compatibility. Even with methods you describe no donor title has 100% success rate with layeredfs. and nice to have titles displayed correctly with SXOS. all in all it is the superior option currently, unless you can't afford it. But that's to be expected, generally these paid options are superior for quite some time and will eventually be outdone by homebrew options. but it will probably be cracked anyway and then the only downside (cost) is negated.

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the moving pace of the scene there is no telling if one (better today) could be outperformed tomorrow.

That's true, and I bet a better solution is not that far off. Especially now when the community has SX OS to jump of off.

Reactions: Zumoly

kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And out of curiosity do you intend to also play online (i.e on the OFW)?

I won't be playing any games online at all at this point. For my Nintendo games i play single player or Local multiplayer exclusively. Also if SXOS is cracked it's methods are likely to be reversed as well unlike past scenes, we could see all of it's features fully implemented in something like Atmosphere which would include seamless backup loading in the near future. I purchased the PRO but i am not afraid of it being made obsolete, the scene will benefit with more robust feature rich implementations especially not locked behind a paywall, on the other hand i have no issues supporting TX as i have in the past and they generally have a solid product that is ahead of its time on the scene. And i may go online depending what Nintendos subscription service looks like in September maybe it'll turn me around on online.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Yeah quite a logic choice.
But what about updates and DLCs? I'm always tempted to download a new update when prompted to (I dread the idea of running something 'buggy').

I won't be playing any games online at all at this point. For my Nintendo games i play single player or Local multiplayer exclusively. Also if SXOS is cracked it's methods are likely to be reversed as well unlike past scenes, we could see all of it's features fully implemented in something like Atmosphere which would include seamless backup loading in the near future. I purchased the PRO but i am not afraid of it being made obsolete, the scene will benefit with more robust feature rich implementations especially not locked behind a paywall, on the other hand i have no issues supporting TX as i have in the past and they generally have a solid product that is ahead of its time on the scene. And i may go online depending what Nintendos subscription service looks like in September maybe it'll turn me around on online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been on since 9.0