Learning to play guitar

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started playing guitar a few months ago, and I got a acoustic and electric guitar. I am EXTREMELY noobish at it, so I was wondering who would like to tell me some easy music so I can start practicing.

Songs I can play so you know what level I'm on:
Californication by red hot chili peppers
Paint it black by rolling stones
The intro to Sweet child o mine

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well you could tell is your favorite band? Well try MK Ultra by Muse since you have an electric. Heh I started a few months ago too

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joktan said:
halo 2 theme song.@ www.chordie.com.its really easy but sounds hard.fun to play.i have been playing for 3 years ands its one of my favorite things to do.
Can you post a direct link to the song? when I search for "halo 2 theme song" there are no results.

PharaosVizer, I really dont know where to get EASY theme songs. They seem kinda hard

Ima try MK Ultra. Wish me luck!
gbasp.gif

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
The first half of One by Metallica is pretty easy. Back in Black is also pretty simple but it can kinda be a bit tedious with timing.

monkeymen987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would suggest songs with easy chord progression..

play songs that you listen to everyday so you can get a feel of what it is supposed to sound like..

Still Alive by jonathan coulton. that helped me with my chord progressions

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wild thing by the troggs is always something pretty easy iirc its just a mixture of a, d, e chords.
the intro to smells like teen spirit is pretty easy if you can get power chords down.
a fair few ac/dc songs are simple power chord progressions
Time of your life by greenday uses a few easy chords (G, Cmin, Emin and D from memory)
Blister in the sun by the violent femmes is quite easy if you can get the timing down.

xguyx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, you could just learn how to read chords and music. Learning that early makes everything else a breeze. Get a theory book or something. And from my experience, don't use tabs. They may seem cool, but they are a bad addiction.

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
Nirvana's Nevermind album is very easy to learn and is in standard tuning for the most part. Same with In Utero album but you'd have to tune a half step down to drop C#. Deftones songs are almost all bar chords in D or C# as well.

Edit - If you need a good tab site, google Ultimate Guitar.

Klightx15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arsis - The Face of my Innocence is a pretty good starter song
biggrin.gif
not that difficult. it didnt take that long for me to learn. practice practice practice

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What you should do is play some classical songs first (as in: 18th century stuff), then only once you can play a lot of them (like 1000 or something), you should start playing more recent songs, it'll be way easier cause you'll already have a lot of experience. It's what I did anyway, and what I'm still busy doing (even though I should practice more because I practice once a week at most
frown.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1