Status
Not open for further replies.

RedVelvet12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im new here, but I decided to start playing AO and translate the main story, side stuff as i play the game. I can't guarantee 10/10 translations since I'm mainly just doing this for
fun translating practice. Although I do think I can provide translations much better than automated translation. I have no idea how to code so I'm just writing everything in notepad :(. If you guys need an extra translator i would love to help out for AO.

Last edited by RedVelvet12,
D

Deleted User

Hello im new here, but I decided to start playing AO and translate the main story, side stuff as i play the game. I can't guarantee 10/10 translations since I'm mainly just doing this for
fun translating practice. Although I do think I can provide translations much better than automated translation. I have no idea how to code so I'm just writing everything in notepad :(. If you guys need an extra translator i would love to help out for AO.
Awesome job! Will you release the doc once your done?

RedVelvet12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by RedVelvet12,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedVelvet, do you want a dump of the script, like we are using for Zero? I think it could speed up your workflow some.
I might be able to make a dump tool like the one we are using for Zero.

RedVelvet12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'll upload the set of files somewhere when im done! It's going to take me awhile though :(
This is what I have so far if anyone is interested what it will look like.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wy23q89ed4p55fi/ao+no+kiseki+sample+trans.7z
RedVelvet, do you want a dump of the script, like we are using for Zero? I think it could speed up your workflow some.
I might be able to make a dump tool like the one we are using for Zero.

omg yes this would help a lot! If you don't mind i would love a dump of the script!

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having difficulty solving this hacking problem: http://www.heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=169&p=1493#p1493

Pastebin for readelf of ZnK EBOOT.bin: http://pastebin.com/4srcKAZC

To translate between EBOOT file address and virtual address, it's (usually) file addr = virt. addr - 0x8804000 + segment 1 offset
The segment 1 offset is 0xC0. You see it there on line 111 of the pastebin. Okay, great. Now it's time for my actual question.

Virtual address 0x881C660. Physical address 0x18720 (doing the math: 0x881C660 - 0x8804000 + 0xC0)
PPSSPP disassembly says: addiu v0, v1, -0x74D4
The PPSSPP bytes for that address are 2C8B6224
EBOOT.bin bytes for that address are 2C4B6224

What is going on? Why does PPSSPP translate 4B2C into 8B2C?

I checked an instruction where it is just adding 1 using addiu and there is nothing fancy going on in that case. The immediate bytes just look like 0100. I checked another one where it is subtracting 0x20 using addiu and the address bytes look like E0FF. Those both look fine. Any idea how PPSSPP is doing this translation? Is there a magic value that triggers the translation? Do I just have to try a bunch of values to see where the threshold is?

lui instructions are affected too. lui 0x26 turns into lui 0x8A7. If you subtract them you get 0x881. What is going on?

Last edited by flame1234,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to find which script file it is:

CTRL+F to open the search box and click more options.
1.png

This opens. Make sure "all sheets" is selected and you can find which sheet your text is in.
2.png

RedVelvet12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Within the excel file on the Japanese text, sometimes there are random characters in between that don't belong.

Something like this [死すら厭#2Rいと#わぬ狂信徒たちの方が].

Doesn't bother me in anyway since I'm playing the game as well and I can still make out the contents of the sentence, but does it help if I fix it?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are furigana codes.
#2R = The ONE previous letter has furigana above it
#4R = The TWO previous letters have furigana above them
...etc... -> The max is #18R (nine letters)
And then for the furigana itself, everything up until the lone # sign becomes the furigana.
In the example above: いと becomes the furigana for 厭

I'm not one to judge. But I don't think furigana is appropriate for English text. You should decide based on what's there, furigana or not, what the EN translation should be and just write that. If you're not sure, just put a comment (column to the right of the break column).

If you want to edit the dump to remove the furigana, that's fine too (so you can use Rikaichan or whatever), I don't mind.

Sometimes the furigana is saying two different things. That doesn't seem to be the case there. If you just remove #2Rいと# it becomes 死すら厭わぬ狂信徒たちの方が

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Furigana are useful when weird kanji are used.
Sometimes they give you how to read a kango (you get megami, but the furigana says Aidios).
It's up to you to choose among May the Goddess protect you! or May Aidios protect you! or May the Goddess Aidios protect you!
Sometimes furigana is there to just confuse you. Like the Black Auction written in jp kanji with above the furigana for Schwarz Auktion.
Let's stop the Black Auction!
Let's stop the Schwarz Auktion!
Let's stop the Black Auction #2RSchwarz Auktion#! (who knows if this works...).

SummerStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone. Let me say, you're doing a great job, and I hope you're not going to quit 'cause the massive line script, I know it will be a monstrous job but make it happens please. I 'll spam this thread around some Italians famous forums, maybe someone who knows japn language could join.
Where did you get Zero and AO? Is there an online shop where i can buy it? (I'm looking for the PC version)

Last edited by SummerStorm,

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zero PC can be purchased from Falcom but AO you will have to get the Chinese version. There is no Japanese release of AO on PC. Somebody with more knowledge about getting stuff from Japan will have to chime in on this though. When it get closer to release, we will be putting up a guide to make the purchase though.

As for dropping it... not a chance. The rest of the team has been doing some serious work with it lately and are making wonderful progress with stuff. I won't say more just in case so I won't jinx anything. Hopefully a nice update about it is not to far around the corner.

alexgroltner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this thread after following up with on of my other fan translation threads. I've been waiting for both Zero and Ao for a long time. I just skimmed the thread through, but from what I'm getting is you've almost completed Zero (ETA completion is 2016) and you haven't started (?) on Ao but, hope to finish it by 2017 or 2018 at the latest. Did I get that about right?

Either way, I'm very happy to see this work being done and wish you all the luck in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo