Legend of Legacy Coming to Europe in 2016

ltWQewJl.jpg

You may recall that the JRPG The Legend of Legacy was announced for a Fall 2015 release in North America just last month for the 3DS. You may also recall the name ATLUS being involved, and a lack of news about the European release. This may be giving some of you terrible flashbacks to long delays, incredibly long delays, for the European releases of various games. Well, get prepared for another one, as even though the game is coming to Europe, it's currently coming at an unspecified time in 2016.

Let's all hope that maybe it will end up being early 2016 and not Winter 2016 like some sites are saying.

:arrow: Source

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that the game doesn't look interesting to me. I suppose the game just doesn't look like anything special. That and I hate the art style with a passion.

Reactions: KingVamp

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its all about the game play w/ me, I never understood the meaning behind "bravely default" but the story and gameplay was damn good for a portable system. I have to say Nintendo might have it hard now that we have decent phones with spectacular screens and games coming out for smart phones. If developers start including android and ios than it will be about who gets the new releases first.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would be quite the striking coincidence, especially considering some specific franchises and their multi-platform releases.
Well the 3DS is primarily meant for children so the chibi aesthetic makes sense there the most.
If it was due hardware limitations games like Monster Hunter, resident evil revelations, MGS3 or even Kid icarus Uprising wouldn't exist on the 3DS.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well the 3DS is primarily meant for children so the chibi aesthetic makes sense there the most.
If it was due hardware limitations games like Monster Hunter, resident evil revelations, MGS3 or even Kid icarus Uprising wouldn't exist on the 3DS.
Well, you kinda mentioned four titles there. I am not saying non-chibi is physically impossible on 240p, I'm saying aesthetic is a decision in which things like resolution ARE FACTORED in, among others.

Which they clearly are if you ever read stories from (famous) game designers, including miyamoto's super mario design. Chibi is usually associated with low texture detail and has simplified, more rotund/less narrow body shapes, which is something that helps recognition when your resolution is very poor (rendering thin strands of hair and limbs resulting in a blurry mess of pixels). It's why MH looks horrendous on the 3DS/PSP compared to emulator, whereas you can compare a game like wind waker or dragon quest 8 (this one not because of a chibi artstyle but its use of "anime-like" simplified textures) inherently suffering much less from that issue.

You could also compare the slight difference in style with the rune factory titles between Wii and (3)DS. I'm certain both of those systems/games are targeted towards the same exact crowd yet their character designs were still changed. Probably because it just fit better with each hardware, or so they felt.

Same goes for spriting. Try asking any good sprite artist if they're better off going chibi or 'realistic' on very low resolution works compared to high resolution.

But sure, target audience and everything must matter too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: