Limit to how much karma (posts) a user can get....

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
per day. This would help stop the spammers like me from making pointless topics like this one, just so they can get 500 posts and change their rank thingee. I'm not saying that I'm a total spammer because I actually talk reasonably and try to help other people, but I think that a limit to post count would be good for this site. This doesn't mean that after the limit you cant post anymore, but I mean that after 10 posts per day, you wont get any more post counts even though you do post more than 10 posts. So what do you guys think? Too harsh, or reasonable?

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
No, that's still 70 posts a week. What you'll end up with is a lot of people posting religiously everyday. Besides, I don't notice people posting junk just to increase their count. Why do you think people care anyway? I've been trying to get the mods to reset my postcount to zero for ages... weeks even!

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There was a problem with this long before Cruddy suggested a reset count, and if it wasn't on the way out when he mentioned it, we probably would have implemented it.

Our members have been well-behaved on the most part, and our mods do a good job keeping the few problem players in line. (If they don't, you're free to bring it up with any of us in PM).

I feel that the anarchic system works best here. We already have a 1-minute flood control, which is enough to stop the spammers on the most part (They don't have that sort of patience).

Of course, suggestions like this are what this section's all about!

-Tempest out.-

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aye, there doesn't really seem to be a problem with spamming at the moment, and I'm sure that it there was, a temporary solution would be implemented to discourage them from coming back.

I seem to make about 10 posts a day though, so your rule would suit me fine.
tongue.gif

@cruddy, why do you want your count reset?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I would never want my post count reset. It may give the people the wrong opinion in months to come. i.e. he has been here all this time, yet only very few posts all things considering. I wouldn't want that. + I wouldn't be able to have some of the nifty features like custom titles m/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740