[linux] Post all the WM/DEs you have tried!

Kingy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I'm still hopping around for DEs (currently using MATE), I'm curious to see what you have used before. Here is an example of my WM/DEs that I have used:

Xfce
KDE Plasma 5
Openbox
LXDE
Cinnamon
MATE
Unity
GNOME 3
Awesome
Budgie
i3
JWM

D

Deleted User

OH I READ WRONG
I don't remember how many I've tried, but I DO know I've tried MATE, KDE Plasma, LXDE, Cinnamon, GNOME3, amiwm, and i3wm.

Last edited by ,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
In order of use:

KDE -> I did not like it. It was in school and it sucked. Might be different now. It was on Mandriva.
Cinnamon -> First time I used Mint. I loved it! I'm still using it today on my Thinkpad.
Budgie -> I first used it when I was testing Solus on my laptop and some other broken distros (sadly, none worked properly), and I did like it, very clean and simple interface. If it wasn't for hardware incompatibility, I would have stuck with it.
Gnome -> I used this a bit with Chapeau (derivated from Fedora) and it was alright, but confusing at first. Again, just like Solus, I couldn't have anything working properly, and this one only worked at a 800x600 screen resolution.

At the end, I reverted to Windows 10 on my gaming laptop, and kept Linux Mint on my Thinkpad. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Last edited by VinsCool,
Reactions: Deleted User

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Reactions: Alkéryn

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm only comfortable with Unity. I've tried GNOME, KDE, i3-gaps, etc., but I always came back to Unity. Too bad the Canonical wankers are discontinuing it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1