Misc Linux QCMA connection stopped working.

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
OP
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Hello.

I've bumped into quite a problem recently and after exhausting some options I guess it's time to write it down here.
Until recently, about 22nd of April QCMA on Linux Fedora worked like it should for years. Transferring screenshots by Wi-Fi or USB in the past as well but I believe for about a year it was Wi-Fi only.
Fedora had recently new release so I've upgraded it. I tried to send new screenshots two or so days ago and no luck.

The transfer just ends but no files are being created on PC side. QCMA doesn't even light up as connected either. Trying to use content manager on Vita side to connect gives me "The device has been disconnected" on QCMA side instantly. Attempting to with USB gives a wall of such notifications for a short while. I have tried with OpenSuse Tumbleweed through USB HDD, both Wi-Fi and USB connection to rule out Fedora as the culprit and no dice either. Then again, OpenSuse Tumbleweed is even more of a "rolling" with packages so it may be not enough of a proof. The same happened with OpenSuse Tumbleweed on Virtual Machine.

For the record, I can still sync trophies and do FTP so it doesn't seem like hardware problem on either side at the moment.

To make things more confusing, I have dug up old Windows 7 on Virtual Machine with QCMA and... it worked through USB at least, so it's not faulty cable or port either it seems.
Can't test Wi-Fi on Virtual Machine as it doesn't connect directly to the rest of the network and such.

I have disabled plugin most recently used just in case as well as UCDC as it was giving a specific error through USB so at least that part is ruled out.
I did a bit detoured but successful database rebuild on Vita side.

The Vita itself is on 3.60 with Enso.

Thank you in advance and have a good day~!

EDIT #1 - oh right I forgot, tried to check with terminal what it will output when attempting through USB (I think the Wi-Fi has similar output just once instead of few times over):

PTP: Opening session Vita connected, id: [here is some ID written] vita_info.xml:1: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document ><gameThumb type="0" codecType="17" width="192" height="192"/></VITAInformation> ^

EDIT #2 - got a bit older Fedora (two releases back) to check on Virtual Machine and it worked over USB as well. It seems that it is software problem definitely, not hardware problem. The question is what exactly is failing.

Last edited by Kiiro_Yakumo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro