• Views 2,483,486
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

HoloryTV

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Space on the SD is allocated in "blocks" and a file can take up one or multiple blocks, that's the minimum a file can take up, if it's smaller than 32KB or 64KB, it'll still take up that entire "block", so I suggest just using 32KB with FAT32 which'll allow the most efficient storage for smaller and also bigger files
Thanks for the fast reply.
So if 32kb is better why some people tell us to use 64kb clusters for Loadiine ?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if 32kb is better why some people tell us to use 64kb clusters for Loadiine ?
Um, not sure, I think it has something to do only if you're using a bigger card EG 64GB or 128GB cause 32KB isn't supported with that big of a device
That, or Nintendo programmed their SD mount support very poorly and only support one

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
It really depends on your sd card and on the file size that you keep on it. Since you have very different file sizes here I suggest using the default for your mode or trying different cluster size that works best for you (but keep in mind that performance gain/loss would be different in different games, and honestly, I think it's negligible).

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unfortunately MediaFire returns a block:

upload_2016-4-27_8-43-19.png

Reactions: KiiWii

eabos0726

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, not sure, I think it has something to do only if you're using a bigger card EG 64GB or 128GB cause 32KB isn't supported with that big of a device
That, or Nintendo programmed their SD mount support very poorly and only support one

Hello NWPlayer123 I'm patiently waiting for Loadline GX version working on 5.5.1. My wii u is on 5.5.1 by the way :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you guys tried USB loading with Loadiine (or any other app for that matter) with your private kernel/IOSU exploits?
I'm just curious if you have worked on USB access on anything yet. :P

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys tried USB loading with Loadiine (or any other app for that matter) with your private kernel/IOSU exploits?
I'm just curious if you have worked on USB access on anything yet. :P
IOSU exploit is ROP only right now and I don't have access to it so no not yet

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay guys, I (finally) decided to commit my loadiine stuff. I didn't make too much progress with the gui over the last weeks, so I decided to commit what I have.

Biggest changes:
- HID support
- Filereplacement / update merger
- Gamesettings

Minor changes:
- Added new Gui Elements (GuiToggle,GuiSwitch,GuiCheckBox,GuiSelectBox)
- Improved the function patching. Now you can patch dynamic functions.
- Serveral minor changes I dont remember anymore. (e.g. Now you dont have to reboot after you set the padcon settings)

The HID support has the same features as the hid to vpad tool. Check it the thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/) for more informations and the compatibility.
You can add/remove the device at anytime and serveral devices at once (all will be mapped at the gamepad though).

I explained the filereplacement stuff earlier (http://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/page-51#post-6095454). It let just replace the files on the fly, without modifying the e
actual game folder. This way you can apply updates or do any kind of game mods. Here is again an example folder structure.

Code:
->Mario Kart 8 [AMKP01]
|->code
|->content
|->meta
|->updates
  |->v64
     |->code
     |->content
     |->meta
     |filelist.txt (will be created)
  |->v16
     |->code
     |->content
     |->meta
     | filelist.txt (will be created)
  |-> COOLGAMEMOD123
     |->code
     |->content
     |->meta
     |filelist.txt (will be created)

Each folder in ther "updates" represents an update or game mod, and has his own code,content and meta folder. The filelist.txt will be used to see which files need be loaded from
the update folder. If it's missing, it will be created (usally a few seconds, but be longer). Don't forget to delete it after you changed the content folder..
When your grab an update through JNUSTool, it will create the filelist.txt and the right folder structure for you. Simply copy and paste it.

Gamesettings:
When you try to start a game, a new windows with appear. There you can make some settings before the acutal game with will boot.

• Updatefolder: Here you can see list of all updates/gamemods you have in your "updates" folder (Looks like something like this: http://puu.sh/oy21h/d4fefaf6b1.jpg). Simply choose the cone you want to apply.
  • Extra save: With this option you can create a new savefolder for this update/game mod. So if dont want to change the save between your updates, or have a fancy game mod that requires a new savegame, simply enable the option. Leaving it disable with simply use your normal save, should be good for most people.
  • Launch Method: Here you can set the launch method for the game. The default setting, will use the one set in the "global" settings.
  • Save Method: Here you can set the save method for the game. The default setting, will use the one set in the "global" settings.
When you press O.K. the settings will be saved and the game will boot with (or without) the update.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I also rewrote the way functions are patched/restored. Now you can also patch dynamic functions.

Checkout the nightly on the github for testing.

Last edited by Maschell,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
List them and I will ID them for you.

Uh, well here's the thing, not all of them are on the eShop, but some used a template DS game and made it another one, like say Dragon Quest VI DS, it uses some weird RPG file in a ROM.zip, so how can I get an ID for those games? DS, GBA, Snes, etc games used RPX injection and DS/GBA games uses ROM.zip and RPX.
You don't actually need meta, it's just a bonus so you can have the splash screen and icon (which you can create yourself, iconTex.tga is a 128x128 plain tga, 32-bit, no compression, can create it with just photoshop), I only have DS VC on right now but I've been using this DS-Scene tool to get metadata which includes the TitleID, eg Rayman DS is ARYE41, Phantom Hourglass is AZEE01, Soulsilver is IPGE01, or you can just use [XXXXXX]

I honestly didn't know that, I'll try it again but if it doesn't work for me, then I have no clue lol.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a bunch of VC games in WiiU/games/ but I don't have their ID, as they came with no meta folder. What do I do to get them? I can't seem to make them show up.
You don't actually need meta, it's just a bonus so you can have the splash screen and icon (which you can create yourself, iconTex.tga is a 128x128 plain tga, 32-bit, no compression, can create it with just photoshop), I only have DS VC on right now but I've been using this DS-Scene tool to get metadata which includes the TitleID, eg Rayman DS is ARYE41, Phantom Hourglass is AZEE01, Soulsilver is IPGE01, or you can just use [XXXXXX]

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its fixed now =)

Thank you!

Uh, well here's the thing, not all of them are on the eShop, but some used a template DS game and made it another one, like say Dragon Quest VI DS, it uses some weird RPG file in a ROM.zip, so how can I get an ID for those games? DS, GBA, Snes, etc games used RPX injection and DS/GBA games uses ROM.zip and RPX.

Yeah make up the IDS your self! [DS0001] or [DSXX01] or [DSDQVI] etc

For my N64 injects I use [N64WR1] for wave race [N64DK1] for DK etc.... its easy they just have to match the boxart name. TBH I use custom TGA for carousel rather than box art.

EDIT:

bAUqeNA.jpg

Last edited by KiiWii,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I have a bunch of VC games in WiiU/games/ but I don't have their ID, as they came with no meta folder. What do I do to get them? I can't seem to make them show up.
You can get the real Game ID of any game from GameFAQs under Release Information.
i.e. The Legend of Zelda : A link to the Past (SNES) -> Release Information and there you'll see four characters which are the game ID, simply add 01 at the end to complete the 6 character count for Loadiine.
Also, gametdb.com seems to have the VC games with only four characters like in GameFAQs, so you can get them from there too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)