• Likes 132

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reserved for additional tutorials.

Getting Loadiine GX2 sources from gitHub

The sources located on github are using dynamic project hosting, which means that instead of hosting all the needed files on loadiine repository, Loadiine is dynamically linking and downloading files from other projects which can be updated independently.
these dynamic projects are the "dynamic libraries for WiiU homebrew" and "Controller patcher".

You can get the full Loadiine sources using two different methods:

1) Manual method:

If you download the zip package manually from Loadiine, it will not include the dynamic project's files.
You'll have to browser the dynamic projects, download their zip package manually and extract them to Loadiine's sources.

• go to https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2
  • click on "Download zip" green button to the top-right of the file list area to get loadiine sources.
  • go to "src" folder, you will see 2 dynamic folders : "controller_patcher @ 35d6036" and "dynamic_libs @ aecfb5a" (not that the @revision can change if it get updated)
  • click on the first folder (controller patcher), it will load the corresponding git repository version used by the current loadiine revision.
  • click on "Download zip" green button to the top-right of the file list area to get this dynamically linked sources.
  • do the same with any other dynamic projects.

• Extract Loadiine sources, you will get "loadiine_gx2-master" folder.
    Rename the folder and remove "-master".
  • go to "src/dynamic_libs" folder, and extract the dynamic_libs zip content inside (do not keep the "dynamic_libs-aecfb5a1e8bfaee9fd34ba361123e0ddfdfebca8" folder, only the sources files)
  • do the same with other dynamic projects sources.

2) Git command method

If you have a git program installed, it's easier to download and update the sources using a command line.
If you are on windows, install GitforWindows. Additionally, you could install TortoiseGit if you want explorer integration tools but it's not necessary.

• Browse to the folder where you want your Loadiine sources to be created and open a command line window.
  • type this command:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2.git --recursive
If you already have a Loadiine sources and want to update loadiine or its dynamic projects
  • Browse to the folder where you want your Loadiine sources to be updated and open a command line window.
  • type this command:
    Code:
    git pull && git submodule update --init

All the loadiine and its dependencies will be download and/or updated in one step.
Note that you need to use the command line, and GUI tools don't seem to have the ability to edit the default command line for one project. At least with TortoiseGit or GitForWindows.

Full compiling tutorial (elf and exploit webserver pages)

Thanks to @crmnl for the guide.

New builds from today that I compiled and a small guide for compiling are up on gx2.wiiubrew.net - Thanks to Luigi for his help with this! I don't profess to know a lot about coding/compiling but I wanted the new build and just worked at it. Sorry if there is any obvious incorrect wording in the compiling guide I just outlined what worked for me.

This is obviously only for 5.3.2

1. Need devkitpro 1.6.0 is fine
2. Need dimoks libogc and portlibs in devkitpro root directory (release tab of github)
3. Put loadiine source inside a folder called loadiine in the root of libwiiu source -
this is needed to get code532.bin in installer folder to make
4. Run make in root of loadiine source
5. Run make in installer folder
6. Copy code532.bin over to libwiiu framework folder
7. Run make in framework folder
8. Run generate_html.py code532.bin 532 x - this is generate_html.py code.bin version folder
this will make the payload index and frame html's that are updated for current loadiine in that folder
9. Copy contents of www folder from loadiine source to webserver
10. Overwrite payload/index/frame with new ones from framework folder
11. Overwrite code532.bin with new one from loadiine installer
12. Overwrite loadiine.elf with new one from loadiine root
Done!

converting Game folder structure for the old Loadiine 0.1a format to new Loadiine format

This tutorial is used to convert the old "loadiine ready" format, which use _RPX, and _SAV folders, to the new format.
it's the first loadiine format (1.0a), on loadiine 2.0 the folder layout changed.
loadiine GX2 is continuation of loadiine 4.0

For people who are not aware, here is the version history order:
Loadiine v0.1a > v2.0 > v3.0 > v4.0 > Loadiine GX2 v0.1, GX2 v0.2, etc.

loadiine 0.1a used this format :
SD:/_RPX/gameName/ID4.rpx
SD:/_SAV/ID4/
SD:/ID4/

ID4 = the 4 letters were used to differentiate each game. (no real meaning, you could choose whichever 4 letters you wanted)
the sd:/_RPX/gameName/ contains the executable, it's the new /code/ folder
the sd:/_SAV/ is the place where savegames where stored.
the sd:/ID4/ contains the game's data, it's the new /content/ folder

rename the "GameName" located INSIDE _RPX to "code"
rename the "4 letters folder" the one NOT inside _RPX to "content"
Create a new folder in your /wiiu/games/ folder with the game's title and the ID6 (example Mario kart [ID6 of mario kart])
put the code and content folders inside.
I don't know if you need to rename back the RPX file, I think it should work even if not renamed.

You will miss the meta folder, because it wasn't used on first version of loadiine. (even if I told everyone to keep that folder, lot of users thought it was a good idea to delete it)
check on JNUSTool if there's an update for that game, and select "get meta".
If there's no update for that game, check the wiki compatibility list for alternative methods to get the meta and XML files.

You don't need the _SAV folder at all, version 1.0a didn't create it and users had to do it manually, it's not needed anymore. loadiine will create the savegame folder automatically if required.

Hi could you explain me how to copy the DLC and Update for game to Games folder I am bit confused, thanks for any help

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
will this be done to allow from usb hdd?
NO IT IS ABANDONED.

There is a modded version which allows reads/writes from USB but you need to use an SSD and MochaFAT32 which basically Mimics your SDCard.

So basically it not USB but SDCard Emulation via USB SSD, HDDs works too but obviously much slower, but honestly it not really all that much better for me atleast Super Mario 3D World is still Slow at Loading and Crashes during Saving.

I recommend it only for DS/N64 Virtual Console Titles and RetroArch Runs well if interested.

I would like the project to be like USBLoaderGX etc and work with USB but doubt it.

Reactions: jeannotte

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NO IT IS ABANDONED.

There is a modded version which allows reads/writes from USB but you need to use an SSD and MochaFAT32 which basically Mimics your SDCard.

So basically it not USB but SDCard Emulation via USB SSD, HDDs works too but obviously much slower, but honestly it not really all that much better for me atleast Super Mario 3D World is still Slow at Loading and Crashes during Saving.

I recommend it only for DS/N64 Virtual Console Titles and RetroArch Runs well if interested.

I would like the project to be like USBLoaderGX etc and work with USB but doubt it.
NO IT IS ABANDONED.

Isn't iosuhax and libfat possible in Loadiine?

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone help me with USB support in Loadiine gx2?
Unfortunately I have not yet managed to mount USB / Hard Drive

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I love this Loader so much
And please don't tell me to use wup installer gx2

Last edited by XDeltaOne,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.Exploit HaxChi/Indexiine
2.MochaFAT32
3.USB HDD FAT32 32768 Allocation
4.wiiu>games>Zombiu Folders.

3dcovers folder in Loadiine folder.

apps>loadiinegx2 Folders on USB HDD.

MochaFat32 Spoofs and essentially Emulates SDCard Slot so your USBHDD is an SDCard.

Reactions: E1ite007

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1.Exploit HaxChi/Indexiine
2.MochaFAT32
3.USB HDD FAT32 32768 Allocation
4.wiiu>games>Zombiu Folders.

3dcovers folder in Loadiine folder.

apps>loadiinegx2 Folders on USB HDD.

MochaFat32 Spoofs and essentially Emulates SDCard Slot so your USBHDD is an SDCard.

I already know that I tried it today, the problem is that it is not really faster and even slower for me 64k HDD and SD Card 64k

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I think I'll accept two HDDs because I would rather Wup InstallerGx2 have tried everything possible and am a little disappointed that loadiine does not work so well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm