Loop Hero publisher and developer support piracy for customers in Russia

header.jpg

Devolver Digital and Four Quarters, publisher and developer behind the indie RPG Loop Hero, have encouraged customers living in Russia to pirate the game. The Russian developer - who has taken an anti-war stance after Russia's invasion of Ukraine - posted on VK, a Russian social networking site similar to Facebook, answering a question about how to purchase their game in light of recent events. While there doesn't appear to be any way to purchase it on Nintendo Switch or Steam, Four Quarters encouraged users to turn to piracy, and even provided a direct link to a torrent.

In a follow-up post the next day, Four Quarters noted the attention the previous post had gotten, but dismissed it, saying "We didn’t do anything special, because there’s nothing wrong with torrents" (translated from Russian via Google Translate). They also commented on the donations they had been offered, but politely declined as they are doing fine and encouraged people to instead support friends & relatives. They also touched on a content update coming to Loop Hero. While they haven't worked on it in about a month, it was around 80% completed, and development should resume soon. After the update releases for PC and Switch, a version of Loop Hero will be coming to smartphones, but no PlayStation or Xbox version is planned.

Speaking to PC Gamer, publisher Devolver Digital confirmed it "fully supports Four Quarters" and "were alerted of the statement ahead of time, which we back 100%."

:arrow: Source

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The thing is , whatever you say against him can be turned back right into your face. YOU are the one right now who ASSUMES that he's richer than a dev without knowing his situation at all. And then you resort to saying his statements could be described as stupid, retarded and idiotic, but you see , that's YOUR opinion on his statements, so it would be more correct if you said that you FEEL or THINK his statements are so, because again , that's your opinion. Opinion which , clearly nobody asked for, but since you feel the need to give it anyways , then let me reply to you with mine. After reading both comments , I'm sorry to say that to me , you are the retard, stupid and idiot and as long as assholes like you will give out their unasked opinion on someone's comment, than you just might be treated by mine. No one asked you a fucking thing so please crawl back to whatever hole you came from and go back to hiding.
So, is this the time where I can say that nobody asked for your opinion? You felt the need to give it anyways. To me, you are the retard....

Wait... There's echo... Funny stuff.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is , whatever you say against him can be turned back right into your face. YOU are the one right now who ASSUMES that he's richer than a dev without knowing his situation at all. And then you resort to saying his statements could be described as stupid, retarded and idiotic, but you see , that's YOUR opinion on his statements, so it would be more correct if you said that you FEEL or THINK his statements are so, because again , that's your opinion. Opinion which , clearly nobody asked for, but since you feel the need to give it anyways , then let me reply to you with mine. After reading both comments , I'm sorry to say that to me , you are the retard, stupid and idiot and as long as assholes like you will give out their unasked opinion on someone's comment, than you just might be treated by mine. No one asked you a fucking thing so please crawl back to whatever hole you came from and go back to hiding.

Wow, using ableist insults to discredit an opinion. You sure showed them! Cry more. People who use the r-word should shut the hell up and get a life.

Reactions: Tsukiru

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Welp, they made the game. When the guys who make it say "For you, it's free! Take it, please!", I don't ask questions. I take advantage of it, especially if it's a game I want.
People outside of Russia can still buy it on Steam or elsewhere. They'll just hold the funds until the war is over and they can be transferred to the developer.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wow, using ableist insults to discredit an opinion. You sure showed them! Cry more. People who use the r-word should shut the hell up and get a life.

Outrage comes in all kinds of flavors. Yours, for example, ignores the post he was responding to. It may be that you two have a lot in common.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outrage comes in all kinds of flavors. Yours, for example, ignores the post he was responding to. It may be that you two have a lot in common.
God forbid someone have an issue with a slur being said casually and thrown back and forth like hot potato. the_randomizer doesn't have to acknowledge the original post to mention it's still a weirdo thing to do.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God forbid someone have an issue with a slur being said casually and thrown back and forth like hot potato. the_randomizer doesn't have to acknowledge the original post to mention it's still a weirdo thing to do.

Let's be real, only a piece of shit human/keyboard warrior on the internet would throw around an ableist slur, so yeah, I agree with ya.

Reactions: Tsukiru

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Immediately jumping to "outrage" over something completely reasonable is also a red flag.
You both are ignoring @eyeliner 's comment and being strangely selective on when you take out the soapbox.

I didn't factor a triggered person reacting to another triggered person (for the same trigger) as being "reasonable".

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1