Loop Hero publisher and developer support piracy for customers in Russia

header.jpg

Devolver Digital and Four Quarters, publisher and developer behind the indie RPG Loop Hero, have encouraged customers living in Russia to pirate the game. The Russian developer - who has taken an anti-war stance after Russia's invasion of Ukraine - posted on VK, a Russian social networking site similar to Facebook, answering a question about how to purchase their game in light of recent events. While there doesn't appear to be any way to purchase it on Nintendo Switch or Steam, Four Quarters encouraged users to turn to piracy, and even provided a direct link to a torrent.

In a follow-up post the next day, Four Quarters noted the attention the previous post had gotten, but dismissed it, saying "We didn’t do anything special, because there’s nothing wrong with torrents" (translated from Russian via Google Translate). They also commented on the donations they had been offered, but politely declined as they are doing fine and encouraged people to instead support friends & relatives. They also touched on a content update coming to Loop Hero. While they haven't worked on it in about a month, it was around 80% completed, and development should resume soon. After the update releases for PC and Switch, a version of Loop Hero will be coming to smartphones, but no PlayStation or Xbox version is planned.

Speaking to PC Gamer, publisher Devolver Digital confirmed it "fully supports Four Quarters" and "were alerted of the statement ahead of time, which we back 100%."

:arrow: Source

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only in 2022 we've gotten so sensitive to words that we can't even say what we want, like "retard" or "retarded", without it turning into a vicious debate.

That's retarded lol
It's clearly not a matter of "can't say what you want" if you said it. You just shouldn't expect everyone to be okay about it. You only show you're out of the loop by saying "only in 2022," because there's always been an issue about it. Maybe talk to real people sometime.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It reminds me of the joke (gag), where someone sees someone vomit, and then they vomit, and then someone else vomits. Was that on Arrested Development? Anyway, you all suck. "Real people". Take it from an internet stranger.

You are supposed to say "the r-word".

Last edited by tabzer,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's clearly not a matter of "can't say what you want" if you said it. You just shouldn't expect everyone to be okay about it. You only show you're out of the loop by saying "only in 2022," because there's always been an issue about it. Maybe talk to real people sometime.
Meh, I usually just ignore people and say what I want anyways since they can't do much about it other than get mad.

Reactions: eyeliner

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And truly you're an assclown. Fuck off with your stupid posts and get a life.
@Tsukiru , "reasonable".

I didn't see this one. Your original post accused me of being uppity about "people using piracy". Though you fixed it before I posted, that's what I was responding to.

You are a furry?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only in 2022 we've gotten so sensitive to words that we can't even say what we want, like "retard" or "retarded", without it turning into a vicious debate.

That's retarded lol

Oh boo fucking hoo, cry more lol :creep:

@Tsukiru , "reasonable".

I didn't see this one. Your original post accused me of being uppity about "people using piracy". Though you fixed it before I posted, that's what I was responding to.

You are a furry?

Are you talking?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gaming piracy sure is weird during wartime...

Western companies : we'll block you!
Russia : free and legal piracy for all Western software!
Torrent sites : whoa, you wish. We'll ban Russians from entering
Loop hero makers : here : pirate our game. It's better than paying the revenue taxes in THIS country
Members on a forum positive toward piracy : whooo! Support this developer! (by... somehow paying for a pirated game on a server that isn't reachable by Russians? :unsure: )
Also members of said forum : DRAMA!

Reactions: Xzi and ClickCLK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la