Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
An error also happens to me when I close "microSD Management"...

74fbd9b6bf387a656c08bc3938ba1604.jpg

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So he got rid of them for no technical reason?
There's discussion about why in the beginning of the thread. The tl;dr is that there were a few nightly builds that were broken (which is expected to be the case with nightlies occasionally, they're not 100% stable) and a few people blamed the creator for "bricking" their 3ds (of course, it wasn't bricked, they just needed to manually update) and the creator didn't want to deal with that and just removed them.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's discussion about why in the beginning of the thread. The tl;dr is that there were a few nightly builds that were broken (which is expected to be the case with nightlies occasionally, they're not 100% stable) and a few people blamed the creator for "bricking" their 3ds (of course, it wasn't bricked, they just needed to manually update) and the creator didn't want to deal with that and just removed them.
Why didn't he just make it optional. Like a "secret button combo" to switch to nightly

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't he just make it optional. Like a "secret button combo" to switch to nightly

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk
*She, and she didn't make it optional because she didn't want to deal with them anymore. How would I know that? I'm the dev. Either use a different version of the updater or not. There are other programs that can freely update to the latest nightly, such as MultiUpdater.

AndrewH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Curious if anyone else is having issues with the Rosalina menu clock speed setting, not sticking on reboot? For me, all other settings are remembered, such as combo button and hb application setting, but every time I set the clock speed to 804mhz, it is reverted back to 286mhz on next check. Is it just me, is this a bug, or is there a technical reason behind this? I would really like this setting to stick with the rest, so I don't have to keep manually setting it each time.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*She, and she didn't make it optional because she didn't want to deal with them anymore. How would I know that? I'm the dev. Either use a different version of the updater or not. There are other programs that can freely update to the latest nightly, such as MultiUpdater.
thats fine just want to know if the option just didnt come up.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a 64GB+ SDcard? Why use Gateway? Stockholm syndrome much?

Sent from my Nexus 5
I actually do have a 64gb micro SD card not even halfway full...but I'm not gonna ditch something I paid money for just because it's outdated and everyone seems to be hating on it just to jump on the bandwagon i still play on it I prefer the cheat engine on gateway over ntr and I prefer to save space on my console sd because I have a lot of moflex movies on it

why watch movies on your 3ds?
because I can, because I travel a lot for work so sometimes the hotels I stay in have basic cable so there's nothing good to watch, it's nice to watch stuff on something other than a phone screen and conserve my phone battery

Last edited by BADDINOROX99,
Reactions: toto621

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I actually do have a 64gb micro SD card not even halfway full...but I'm not gonna ditch something I paid money for just because it's outdated and everyone seems to be hating on it just to jump on the bandwagon i still play on it I prefer the cheat engine on gateway over ntr and I prefer to save space on my console sd because I have a lot of moflex movies on it

why watch movies on your 3ds?
because I can, because I travel a lot for work so sometimes the hotels I stay in have basic cable so there's nothing good to watch, it's nice to watch stuff on something other than a phone screen and conserve my phone battery
It's not that we hate it. It's that we have something way way way way way waaaaaay better. If you had a Mercedes from 2015 and a Fiat from 1984, would you still use the Fiat? I doubt it.

As for the movies part, it's funny. Just because it can do it doesn't mean you ought to use it. Lower resolution and brightness compared to a phone. And if you are in a hotel, you can charge your phone.

Well, anyway if you prefer the downgrade what can I say? [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my Nexus 5

Nickbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys looking to update my New 3ds. I'm on luma 6.6 and sys is 11.2. If I follow the update A9lh to b9s guide, would I be downloading the current luma 8.1, B9s 1.2, and the other files and be ok using the current safe b9s installer? Like I don't need 1.0 and then to upgrade up to 1.2, If i haven't updated yet. I havent used my 3ds since around May so I want to double check. Also is there any homebrew that just doesn't work? like jksm or pksm that have new versions? Or is there anything specially only usable on Luma 8.1/b9s? Thanks so much in advance. Plan to update then eventually go to 11.4.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys looking to update my New 3ds. I'm on luma 6.6 and sys is 11.2. If I follow the update A9lh to b9s guide, would I be downloading the current luma 8.1, B9s 1.2, and the other files and be ok using the current safe b9s installer? Like I don't need 1.0 and then to upgrade up to 1.2, If i haven't updated yet. I havent used my 3ds since around May so I want to double check. Also is there any homebrew that just doesn't work? like jksm or pksm that have new versions? Or is there anything specially only usable on Luma 8.1/b9s? Thanks so much in advance. Plan to update then eventually go to 11.4.
1- No you don't nooed B9S 1.0 then upgrade, use 1.2 directly.
2- Many homebrews/games doesn't work with luma "stable" build, if you want stability and reliability, use Legacy build instead. This is especially true for 3DS Games (like Ever Oasis)

Nickbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- No you don't nooed B9S 1.0 then upgrade, use 1.2 directly.
2- Many homebrews/games doesn't work with luma "stable" build, if you want stability and reliability, use Legacy build instead. This is especially true for 3DS Games (like Ever Oasis)
What's the legacy build mean? Actual games aren't working?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the legacy build mean? Actual games aren't working?

The Legacy build is an updated version of the 7.x tree that doesn't have Luma, which still has some stability issues as well as breaking compatibility with quite a bit of 3dsx homebrew (and the 3dsx homebrew compatibility issues are something that will not be fixed).

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi long time no see, sorry to hear and read about the developments happened here.

Just getting back to the loop again and boy there sure is alot of new things!
I've just managed to update my n3ds usa to the latest bootstrap and luma stable release.

A few questions tho... Upon further reading on some of the posts here, I managed to find out that there was a banwave due to titleids/game history being read by ninty.
(Luckily enough I was not affected, due to being away from my 3ds for a couple of months).

And now they've implemented Rosalina menu with the current luma cfw. So now I'm cleaning up my installed cias (HBL , FBI etc.)
Do we have a repository or thread for all of the new HBL Rosalina compatible apps (3dsx)?

I'm trying to find them one by one via advanced search and google. But I only managed to find JK's save manager which was linked in the previous posts here.

Also now, does the ntr cfw (by cell) still work with latest luma?

Sorry for wall of text, and thank you in advance for the enlightenment <3

Reactions: DrkBeam and Rayan92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof