Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

ikupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use this to get the eon ticket. I've followed the set up and everything seems to be working. My 3ds connects just fine but won't stay connected. It shows up with the show command in cmd when the 3ds is open but the second I close the 3ds it disconnects. It also reconnects whenever I open it up. I apologize if this has been solved before but I'm not finding much help with google.

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, long time since an update, but I got a PM today, and someone decided to take the source and yet again refactor it, as well as add some additional features that make MACycle even nicer to use. Here's a little preview:

KUjc52R.png
I currently don't have a targeted release date, but I do plan to release it soon. I'll have to run some testing, but it shouldn't be too long before I push V2.00.​
Oooohhhh coool! So, is this a great Christmas gift? ;-)

AlexD2291

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi to all, I have a problem, a few moth ago I install MACycler in widnows and I use homepass perfectly but now I no longer find anyone in streetpass; I verify the conection and all is done, the MAC is clycling and the conection in 3DS (I have two 3DS) are fine.

Now my question is: I need to change my SSID to NZ@McD1? I can continue using attwifi? or use others?

How can I change the SSID?

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!

Aditional info: I use these mac addres:

4E53504F4F47
4E53504F4F48
4E53504F4F49
4E53504F4F4A
4E53504F4F4B
4E53504F4F4C
4E53504F4F4D
4E53504F4F4E
4E53504F4F4F
4E53504F4F40
4E53504F4F41
4E53504F4F42
4E53504F4F43
4E53504F4F44
4E53504F4F45
4E53504F4F46

4E53504F4F60

Nothing is working me a few months ago if they worked :(

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
So, long time since an update, but I got a PM today, and someone decided to take the source and yet again refactor it, as well as add some additional features that make MACycle even nicer to use. Here's a little preview:

KUjc52R.png
I currently don't have a targeted release date, but I do plan to release it soon. I'll have to run some testing, but it shouldn't be too long before I push V2.00.

not sure about the new update, but I have two main gripes with the current version:

1. I am sometimes using a custom list (especially during national streetpass weekends to maximize the hits), but the output section is only shown on the basic list tab, so I need to switch tabs to see it. Perhaps the output section should be moved to a common area? or some of the output should go into the notification balloon as well (i.e. 319 out of 420 addresses, 4EXXX etc)

2. When I am "micro-ing", or clearing streetpasses by hand for the games I want, I can do it at shorter intervals (like 2 min). But when I am going to sleep, I don't want to waste addresses when I am not around to clear the streetpasses, so I would prefer to use a longer interval (say 15 min) over this time. I will still waste some addresses but not so much, and I am still sending out data regularly so other players can still benefit. Basically this is an option to switch between different intervals without having to restart the cycling.

Also, an option to stop/pause after X (say 10) more switches would be nice. I hope some or all of these may be addressed in the new version.

Other than those, this is certainly my tool of choice on Windows :lol:

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
not sure about the new update, but I have two main gripes with the current version:

1. I am sometimes using a custom list (especially during national streetpass weekends to maximize the hits), but the output section is only shown on the basic list tab, so I need to switch tabs to see it. Perhaps the output section should be moved to a common area? or some of the output should go into the notification balloon as well (i.e. 319 out of 420 addresses, 4EXXX etc)

2. When I am "micro-ing", or clearing streetpasses by hand for the games I want, I can do it at shorter intervals (like 2 min). But when I am going to sleep, I don't want to waste addresses when I am not around to clear the streetpasses, so I would prefer to use a longer interval (say 15 min) over this time. I will still waste some addresses but not so much, and I am still sending out data regularly so other players can still benefit. Basically this is an option to switch between different intervals without having to restart the cycling.

Also, an option to stop/pause after X (say 10) more switches would be nice. I hope some or all of these may be addressed in the new version.

Other than those, this is certainly my tool of choice on Windows :lol:

I could probably add those quite easily. Wouldn't take much to the existing code to add in. :D As for changing the interval on the fly, that shouldn't take much. Actually, the way it is, it should just work, but I'll have to check that in my debugging and adjust as necessary.

Anyways, now that I have almost an entire week to myself, I've been working on adding new features, alongside the refactor that was given. So far, changes for V2.00 include:

1. No more macshift! A custom library will now take care of switching MAC addresses. This might also fix some issues with not all octets properly updating on MAC change.
2. Cleaner code, which should improve program efficiency (Less deadlocks, here's hoping!).
3. The 500 MAC address limitation on macs.ini files is now GONE! You can use as many as you like!
4. You can now maximize the application (As well as resize the window).
5. The GUI has been slightly tinkered with as a result of layout changes from maximizing. It's a tad buggy, but it'll get fixed in time hopefully.
6. As requested by Arkansaw, the output display can now be viewed from ALL TABS. Subsequently, the progress bar has also been moved with it so you can view current progress.
7. Fixed a bug where the program will completely fail to start if a value is missing from the configuration INI file.
8. As also requested previously, you can choose a custom amount of MAC addresses to use, instead of being forced to only Prime MACs or all MACs. Only works in Basic MAC mode currently.
9. Added a check to see that people do not run the application under Wine.
10. Timestamps will now show with each message added to the log.
11. An all new updater will be included in the application to allow you to update from within MACycle itself. An option to check for updates on startup will also be provided. (Pending me getting a webspace to host future updates and a MACycle site)

Other changes not implemented by me:
1. You can now choose to use any of the network adapters on your computer, as well as choose to use or not use a hostednetwork.

Anyways, I'm hoping for a New Years release, otherwise, early January will be MACycle 2.00's release.

Edit: Some flavor screens:

Regular size:
7tG84Ah.png

Maximized window:
SlKqP9M.png

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I haven't been able to do a test yet myself, but it just handles the MAC address differently as it's a custom library. I'm hoping that it works though.

Is it your or third-party library? I suppose the only method is based on a registry key, which is utilized by macshift also. So if it is a third-party library I believe this won't change anything :(

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Is it your or third-party library? I suppose the only method is based on a registry key, which is utilized by macshift also. So if it is a third-party library I believe this won't change anything :(
If you're wanting technical details, I'll direct you to galnol as he wrote it.

He'll know more on how it works.

I'll also start updating the OP for the V2.00 details and screenshots.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So it seems that now I too am plagued with the first octet issue, and it seems that this update is not fixing it. I'll work to try fixing this, but this means I can't meet a New Years deadline.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So it seems that now I too am plagued with the first octet issue, and it seems that this update is not fixing it. I'll work to try fixing this, but this means I can't meet a New Years deadline.

Then just don't waste your time, it is a driver limitations. The last octet change may be fixed with some weird way, the first octet not!

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Then just don't waste your time, it is a driver limitations. The last octet change may be fixed with some weird way, the first octet not!

I guess for now...

Anyways, I'm at the point where I'm like so:

Geekation_Dexter_Hair_on_fire.gif

Because I can't seem to get any hits on HomePass users. I'm using a 9.4 emuNAND to test (Which shouldn't make a difference), using SSID NZ@McD1 and a password (Because you can't not use a password with a hostednetwork). I presume I can't use password-protected access points anymore?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I guess for now...
Anyways, I'm at the point where I'm like so:
Because I can't seem to get any hits on HomePass users. I'm using a 9.4 emuNAND to test (Which shouldn't make a difference), using SSID NZ@McD1 and a password (Because you can't not use a password with a hostednetwork). I presume I can't use password-protected access points anymore?
Yes, as I said already so many times, there is no way to use a password-protected AP for originally non-password protected SSID since fw 9.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...