Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
1). I think he did.
2). It wouldn't mean it's not possible... just that someone else would have to make one, preferably without stealing his code.
1) I think why the author of Link Launcher was able to go Moonlight's house is because of contribution named moonshl2alt.nds.
2) AlternativeLoader is kinda easy thing than inilink.
http://kzat3.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2008/0...mse_for_ac.html
Here is reset_mse_06b for ak2.
Change "/akmenu4.nds" to "/moonshl2/reload.dat" then compile it. Well, you should be able to add dldipatch code as it is public domain code...
[edit] That reset.mse accepts only devkitARM r20-r23. And faster boot requires "libfatreduce" thing...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiju (aka 'Xenon++ but not anymore) said:
twiztidsinz said:
1). I think he did.
2). It wouldn't mean it's not possible... just that someone else would have to make one, preferably without stealing his code.
1) I think why the author of Link Launcher was able to go Moonlight's house is because of contribution named moonshl2alt.nds.
2) AlternativeLoader is kinda easy thing than inilink.
http://kzat3.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2008/0...mse_for_ac.htmlHere is reset_mse_06b for ak2.

Change "/akmenu4.nds" to "/moonshl2/reload.dat" then compile it. Well, you should be able to add dldipatch code as it is public domain code...
1) confused over this bit - Who went to Moonlight house & wasn't the 'link launcher' (inilink) made by you ??
Do you mean by 'link launcher' the 'autobooting Moonshell2 akmenu4' ??.
Does that mean you DIDN'T make the Autoboot MS2 'akmenu4' file ??
(sorry for all those questions)

2) By this statement I'm guessing that whoever did make the autobooting MS2 akmenu4 (either you or some1 else), actually modified the code that some1 else made for the 'reset.mse for acekard2' (I've looked in the code & seen 'Rudolph' name pop up a few time - so I'm guessing HE made the 'reset_mse_06b' code)

The bottom line is - WHO made the 'akmenu4.nds' that allows Moonshell2 to autoboot on the AK2i ??

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
The bottom line is - WHO made the 'akmenu4.nds' that allows Moonshell2 to autoboot on the AK2i ??
I and I.
anyway I went to his house. and Link Launcher is the name of the workaround to get commercial rom loading on 2.10.

[edit] Actually moonshl2alt.nds is 90% clone of reset_mse_06b for ak2.
Eh, you can use 201008312320_moonshell210childzwai\misctools\MoonShell2_AlternativeLoader\DKPr27\moonshl2alt.nds.
But plz note it is a little unstable compared to libprism edition.

[edit2] you have to recompile it to set ARM9=0x02000450.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thanks for clearing that up
- Although the Moonshl2alt.nds 'is a little unstable' perhaps I'll see how unstable it really is (time permitting).... well at least just to see if a MAIO v4 is actually possible anyway

(unless your second [edit2] meant that the 'moonshl2alt' has also got be recompiled to 'ARM9=0x02000450', in which case I'll have to wait for some1 else to do that - not being a programmer/developer etc
... although
unsure.gif
I MIGHT just look into this libprism stuff anyway to see how complicated it really is
laugh.gif
)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
CannonFoddr said:
... although
unsure.gif
I MIGHT just look into this libprism stuff anyway to see how complicated it really is
laugh.gif
)
You would have to have some revision of Taiju's mshl2tools (preferably a recent one), since libprism is only available in that 7z.
Hmm - might have an old copy lying around somewhere, although wouldn't be able to use that since it belongs to Taiju
- I think I was getting a little confused over 'libraries' though
wacko.gif

.......I was actually thinking of the standard freely available DS 'developing tools', then seeing how complicated they are to use (especially for a non-programmer like myself) then if I understand 'Taiju' right ...

- Maybe just do a 'recompile' of the 'moonshl2alt'/'reset_mse_06b for ak2' file with this ARM9 business to get the 'autoboot MS2 on AK2i' akmenu4 file (since the current one used was developed by 'Taiju')
- Then use that version to create a non-commercial running MAIO pack with MS2 Child.

It may not be as stable Taiju autoloader but at least a MAIO package can still exist (I've just noticed that 'twiztidsinz' MAIO doesn't exist anymore either - the files there but there's nothing in it)

Of course if there's any developers who can do all this for me (hint hint) without actually copying any source code of Taiju, that'll save me a lot of trouble
wink.gif

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
hellooo back up? i don't understand why all the people who come to gbatemp and they put her lives to revive a card they slowly become demential people , with seriusly problem with the relationships =(

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
magicksun said:
hellooo back up? i don't understand why all the people who come to gbatemp and they put her lives to revive a card they slowly become demential people , with seriusly problem with the relationships =(
OK thing isn't better at all.
http://hibari.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/software/1266330986/615
http://yuzuru.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameur...a/1286094454/63
The two trips (signature) are the same, but this person isn't me...
I, Taiju Yamada, cannot believe anything any longer.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Xenon++ said:
magicksun said:
OK thing isn't better at all.
http://hibari.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/software/1266330986/615
http://yuzuru.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameur...a/1286094454/63
The two trips (signature) are the same, but this person isn't me...
I, Taiju Yamada, cannot believe anything any longer.
I thought you were banned, how could you post?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woa dude... all this crap going on recently with Taiju is really pissing me off, partly because I can't understand him, and partly because all of his great work is now gone and nothing seems to be convincing him that he is really appreciated

sure there aren't a million people posting on here thanking you, but surely there are tens of thousands of people if not more than constantly use your fantastic work

I just want Taiju to know that all of his work on the NDS scene has been very much appreciated, and I hope that he can recover from this and maybe come back some day.

cflemin301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone please reupload the 'MAIO' v2.02 ['twiztidsinz' version]?
the mediafire link does not have the actual file. the first post steps
does not let akaio automatically boot roms from moonshell. it goes to
akaio when you boot a rom. btw, i fillowed the steps to use the newest
akaio.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cflemin301 said:
akaio.
No.
They were all removed for a reason.

cflemin301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
cflemin301 said:
akaio.
No.
They were all removed for a reason.

could someone at least tell me how to make it autoboot a rom in moonshell?
it just goes to the full akaio menu when trying to boot a rom in moonshell.
i followed the steps on the first post but it gives me that problem.
i am using maio 3.01.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU