• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Ransomware attack worldwide at the moment.

image.jpeg

looks like the world is being attacked by a very serious Ransomware virus.

so far UK, US, China, Russia, Spain and many more data's being hold to Ransom. its called WannaCry. and affects windows computers.

The infections seem to be deployed via a worm - a program that spreads by itself between computers.

Most other malicious programmes rely on humans to spread by tricking them into clicking on an attachment harbouring the attack code.

By contrast, once WannaCry is inside an organisation it will hunt down vulnerable machines and infect them too.

Some experts say the attack may have been built to exploit a weakness in Microsoft systems that had been identified by the NSA and given the name EternalBlue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39901382

Last edited by Chary,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I haven't updated my laptop in a really long time, and now I can't turn it on until I go back to my parents house...

(College is on break for the Sumer, but I can't leave my dorm for another week. The dorm has free wifi for students that also doubles as a public hotspot.)

Welp :wacko:

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
In the U.K. it's because they're still using XP and can't afford that free win10 upgrade

Edit: The hospital my mom works at was affected and she saw it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the US that wouldnt happen.. They use reprogrammed xbox 360s for life support... I read this year's ago[emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: proflayton123

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't touch Windows if I could avoid it, sadly all computers at work have that pest, I hope they have not been affected, work is annoying enough on its own, to add stupid Windows sponsored data loss will be one headache too much.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That last one, yeah, not really an option, I can't program worth a damn, or even know CLI so yeah. That, and I lose compatibility with 95% of my programs, so...
Don't need to be a programmer, most everything a typical user needs to do can be done in GUI, and Wine should support a wee bit more than 5% of Windows programs.

Last edited by grossaffe,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't need to be a programmer, most everything a typical user needs to do can be done in GUI, and Wine should support a wee bit more than 5% of Windows programs.
I wonder what "incompatible" software people miss from Windows (I really wonder).
I use Linux, Windows and mostly OSX on a daily basis, and I really can do in any of them almost anything I can do in the other two.

Reactions: TechyTurtle

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what "incompatible" software people miss from Windows (I really wonder).
I use Linux, Windows and mostly OSX on a daily basis, and I really can do in any of them almost anything I can do in the other two.
When it comes to native software, it's more of the specialized programs like photoshop and CAD. And while headway is being made in the following area, the gaming selection isn't on par yet.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Games.. Games... Games..

I actually have a few gripes about Linux. Couldn't get my Elgato HD60 to work for jack. Graphics drivers are hit and miss. Nvidia seems to have a love hate relationship with the penguin. The latest drivers aren't always 'official'. I do miss terminal though. Made things a bit easier.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, 5%, not a fan of VMs to be honest, most of the Steam games I have wouldn't work, nor would Source Filmmaker, no thanks. Not to mention I use nVidia, Linux drivers for nVidia are absolute shite. CLI is still something I refuse to learn.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, 5%, not a fan of VMs to be honest, most of the Steam games I have wouldn't work, nor would Source Filmmaker, no thanks. Not to mention I use nVidia, Linux drivers for nVidia are absolute shite. CLI is still something I refuse to learn.
Why do you refuse to learn CLI? Learning is always good, and once you know it, well, it can be quite useful.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you refuse to learn CLI? Learning is always good, and once you know it, well, it can be quite useful.

Because I'm intimidated by it, because Linux requires so many commands to get drivers working, because nVidia and Linux don't exactly get along. Most of the games and apps I have wouldn't even work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Better call Pedro you're up in smoke