Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Good work eldude and james,how did u guy swork out how to work Fixed point math with scrolling collision map?..any1 i would have been able to do this too if only i knew how to use fixed point math with scrolling collision background,cause u didnt even know till yesterday...how did u find out, hope u can help!..

Good work, now afer i find that out work will be quick!(Cause that was the big problem no one could figure out,Execpt for BAG).

And dont overtake my project pls

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Good work eldude and james,how did u guy swork out how to work Fixed point math with scrolling collision map?..any1 i would have been able to do this too if only i knew how to use fixed point math with scrolling collision background,cause u didnt even know till yesterday...how did u find out, hope u can help!..

Good work, now afer i find that out work will be quick!(Cause that was the big problem no one could figure out,Execpt for BAG).

To be honest, their demo was 100% better than yours(or should I say eldude's)

They made something in PALib faster than you make something in DSGameMaker. Not surprised though. They would do a better job making a game. There are bugs, but not as bad as yours eldude's.(no offense eldude)

I was thinking of making sprites for this project now that I have time, but it's going nowhere so no use in that. I would look a lot nicer that way, not sprites copied from a game. But it seems like you don't need them since you don't have a game(I know I'm repeating myself) and don't seem to be progressing.

There, I tried to put that in the nicest terms possible!
frown.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:

VISHI. You are the programmer. It's your job to be able to figure out how to do it. It should be documented in the libs or program if there's a special way, otherwise there's just a way for that programming language. My intention here isn't to be rude, just sayin.

If you don't want your project overtaken, it's up to you to make it better. Don't ask other devs to make their games worse.

e: played eldude's demo and am lolin

Eldude

Trophies
XP
Country
Ergo_proxy_One said:
theres alot of bugs in that demo eldude, such as, the collision isnt that great, u dont land on the top of the pipe but actually a little bit lower (judging by the silhouette) u can walk across most of it without jumping, jumping is way to high, in the second 'hole' u go thru the stage and get stuck, when u hit the end of the level and keep pressing the jump button u come from the left side out of nowhere..odd..and it seemed to have knocked the collision map off track as im now walking in mid air when before i was falling in between the pipes

i know its just a quick demo ...just lettin u know in case your building off of this

Thanks for your comments. This little demo was just to show that this game is possible. It was extremely rushed. Our team has not decided on any engine and this does not reflect the bulk of our teams work but only represents the shit stirring of one of its members, me.

alexThey made something in PALib faster than you make something in DSGameMaker.

Not sure where alex is getting his info?

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Guys, the problem is that the DSGAMEMAKER its self has has a problem and cant use fixed point math and scrolling collision togehter, but i think eldue and james have found a way,i hope they can help me out with that,and yep as soon as i get that done, demo coming out!...and it would be nice if u said that u were using "MY" collision map for that demo..anyway good work and hope u can help, and my schools started today.DAMN it , i dont like school!

Eldude

Trophies
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Guys, the problem is that the DSGAMEMAKER its self has has a problem and cant use fixed point math and scrolling collision togehter, but i think eldue and james have found a way,i hope they can help me out with that,and yep as soon as i get that done, demo coming out!...and it would be nice if u said that u were using "MY" collision map for that demo..anyway good work and hope u can help, and my schools started today.DAMN it , i dont like school!

Vishi needs to get his facts right.

DSGM is just a nice WYSIWYG type GUI for PALib. Anything that PALIB can do DSGM can do
Its not that DSGM cannot do collisions with fixed point math, its that no one had written an action to do it yet. The actions in DSGM are just pieces of code written in C incorporating the PALib library.

DSGM is designed to help those with no programming knowledge to make games/apps for the DS. Of coarse some knowledge always makes the games better.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Na eldude its just that on the forum people said that it was DSGM ,the problem...i think it was u actually...if u want i can get a quote..but i am not sure if it was u...any way can u send me a pm on DSGM forum or here,explaining how u got the fixed point math to work?
yaynds.gif

Eldude

Trophies
XP
Country
You have said a dozen times that you are dropping DSGM and using straight PALIB. So you don't need to know how it is done in DSGM. You keep saying "After the next demo" Well you had better start now as your next demo will just have different menu's splash screens and still no game play if you use DSGM.

All actions and tutorials will be released once the DSGM team has made our platform game and not before. As our game is Super Mario Bros 2 you had better start looking at making something else with our engine once it s finished, but by then you will be using PALib and C right!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Eldude said:
You have said a dozen times that you are dropping DSGM and using straight PALIB. So you don't need to know how it is done in DSGM. You keep saying "After the next demo" Well you had better start now as your next demo will just have different menu's splash screens and still no game play if you use DSGM.

All actions and tutorials will be released once the DSGM team has made our platform game and not before. As our game is Super Mario Bros 2 you had better start looking at making something else with our engine once it s finished, but by then you will be using PALib and C right!

LOL i knew u guys wanted to show me down, trying to copy my idea, or am i stealing now, or u?...

lol, dont worry m8 i will do my best to at least realease this demo by my self and the teams help using DSGM and after this i will learn C++, my borther is a pro at c++ and is doing a 4 year course in programming, its just that he has loads of assigments but he will be able to help me in C++ too, so dont worry mate i am ready to compete..even with a 30+ guy and the person who made DSGM, BRING IT ON..
grog.gif
lecture.gif
yaynds.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
On-topic:
hey vishi hows everything going? i cant wait to see the results of your team's work i think its gonna be awesome
nyanya.gif

Off-topic:
Eldude i sense a little jealousy there...
wink2.gif

Eldude

Trophies
XP
Country
Its funny you all going on about my age.

Its like I have had a 20 year head start in programming or something.
I started learning C on the weekend and as I have stated all along. I am just a noob.

Its not James and I competing against you. Its everyone on DSGM who disagrees with the way you have lead everyone along on this forum for so long. Our team will show you how it is done and will cleanse the good name of DSGM that you seemed to have tarnished by not being able to make a game. Everyone will think it is a bad product because of your stupidity but we will show this forum that DSGM is a good product and a simple platform game is more than possible to make in the software.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
oh shut up of course since youre one of the "experts" who know how to make a "perfect" game, but vishi is already doing his best so stop putting him down, go home and play with your dsgamemaker WHO CARES we dont give a FUCK let vishi do his game and you do yours, and if youre not happy with vishi making this game then go troll and rant or show off somewhere else, dont forget that vishi has his own team supporting him and even if his team produces a lousier game compared to yours remember its not the game but its the feeling of achieving something great together that spurs the team on to make better games in future rather than being an expert and feeling no sense of achievement after making a good game!!!...... okay rant's over good luck vishi ignore unhelpful posts
wink2.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Eldude said:

LOL i knew u guys wanted to show me down, trying to copy my idea, or am i stealing now, or u?...

lol, dont worry m8 i will do my best to at least realease this demo by my self and the teams help using DSGM and after this i will learn C++, my borther is a pro at c++ and is doing a 4 year course in programming, its just that he has loads of assigments but he will be able to help me in C++ too, so dont worry mate i am ready to compete..even with a 30+ guy and the person who made DSGM, BRING IT ON..
grog.gif
lecture.gif
yaynds.gif
Dude get a book on C++ or do tutorials or something. The work is much more rewarding if you do it yourself.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
oh shut up of course since youre one of the "experts" who know how to make a "perfect" game, but vishi is already doing his best so stop putting him down, go home and play with your dsgamemaker WHO CARES we dont give a FUCK let vishi do his game and you do yours, and if youre not happy with vishi making this game then go troll and rant or show off somewhere else, dont forget that vishi has his own team supporting him and even if his team produces a lousier game compared to yours remember its not the game but its the feeling of achieving something great together that spurs the team on to make better games in future rather than being an expert and feeling no sense of achievement after making a good game!!!...... okay rant's over good luck vishi ignore unhelpful posts
wink2.gif
I'll break this quote down so i can state something per every line.

oh shut up of course since youre one of the "experts" who know how to make a "perfect" game,
He says he is also a noob at programming, and he was only learning during weekends. I can probably make a VERY simple platform game with BASIC, and just by calculating the coordinates correctly, a collision map would be easy with my noob knowledge. But visihi is using ds game maker, which is i'll say a GUI'ed version of palib, but if you can't get a platform game with ds game maker, then good luck with using PALIB.

but vishi is already doing his best so stop putting him down, go home and play with your dsgamemaker WHO CARES we dont give a FUCK let vishi do his game and you do yours,
doing his best? all he is doing is laying down and "promising a beta by next week" and delaying it, and all I see is graphics updated. That's something anybody can do by learning how to use DSgamemaker in a day. What you need is experience with coding, and you'll find out how simple it is to create a platform game.

and if youre not happy with vishi making this game then go troll and rant or show off somewhere else, dont forget that vishi has his own team supporting him and even if his team produces a lousier game compared to yours
He's not the only one not happy with vishi "making" this game. He has a team? Well all I see is the so called "programmer", and bunch of people making graphics. No progression with the programming but more progression with the graphics. I'll rather call this a graphics thread instead of a game creating thread.

remember its not the game but its the feeling of achieving something great together that spurs the team on to make better games in future
It's not the game, because there actually is no game. I understand your feelings of working together, and I kind of support it, because in my Ys DS translation team, we barely talk to each other, and it feels individual. But even though you have a team working together, you won't get a game as a result. Which is why you can't make better games in the future. Just having better graphics doesn't mean it will be a better game in the future.

rather than being an expert and feeling no sense of achievement after making a good game!!!......
nobody sees much achievement currently progressed in this game.

okay rant's over good luck vishi ignore unhelpful posts
Good luck making the game, even though I know it won't work.

before you start flaming at me, what you need to understand is that we that are posting here have at least a small experience in coding, and just by learning a new coding language for not even a month will let you create a platform game. What's so complicated about it?? not that much. why don't you go look at some ds game maker tutorials, and you'll figure out that it doesn't take THIS LONG to figure out how to make such a game.

So to sum up what I want to say,
Experiences > Opinions
Many people think programming is hard. So when they hear anything programming related, they automatically think it's hard.
Go try experimenting yourself, not trying to support a "programmer" that seems to be going nowhere.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Eldude said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:

Vishi needs to get his facts right.

DSGM is just a nice WYSIWYG type GUI for PALib. Anything that PALIB can do DSGM can do
Its not that DSGM cannot do collisions with fixed point math, its that no one had written an action to do it yet. The actions in DSGM are just pieces of code written in C incorporating the PALib library.

DSGM is designed to help those with no programming knowledge to make games/apps for the DS. Of coarse some knowledge always makes the games better.

WYSIWYG is how they made that crappy website.

VISHI SO FISHI said:
Eldude said:
QUOTE(VISHI SO FISHI @ Oct 13 2008, 05:43 PM)
any way can u send me a pm on DSGM forum or here,explaining how u got the fixed point math to work?
yaynds.gif

In your dreams buddy!

Why is that?..are u competiing me? ur 30+ and i am 15..eventhough i dont mind competition..
I'm making a NSMB 2, which will be strait with the facts and just say that it's a compiled demo.
Not make all this bull, saying its good, hard work nd stuff.

@ Eldude, stop wasting your time, I'm younger than you, and I see that this project will fail.
Start your own project, people will support this one, and then this one will be moved, rightfully into the testing area
The edge of the forums, as the biggest failure after the Nazi regime.

@Mod, move this topic into blogs, or the testing area edge of forums

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
Just can't understand why you guys are here in this topic if you think this is bullshit.

Well I'm here because I have nothing better to do
wtf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4