Emulation MAME-Wii Wiiflow controls problem tmnt

jace633549

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay been working on wiiflow for days now (total noob that i am, i admit it). i got WiiFlow (v4.2.3) Nintendont MasterMod Pack Full 2016. that was a pain in its own right....who names a readme file full_info...this pack does...after reading that it fixed alot of problems but there was still alot i didn't understand in that .txt file like;

"D2x cIOS v10 v52 and v53" ....no idea how to do that.

"DiosMios/DiosMios Lite latest wad should be installed into the Mios slot along with clean BC6."....how?

"*Install wads with a wad manager: WiiFlow Forwarder and WiiFlow loader channel v2 to all nands, neek2o to real nand, back to nand to Emunands."...okay installed all the wads with Multi Mod Manager, but nands, real nands, emunands ???? i have no idea and can't find a tutorial to show me how to do that.

"*Use ModMii to create an EmuNand on PC and cert.sys_extractor on Wii using Homebrew channel to get your “cert.sys” then copy it from SD root to EmuNand\Sys folder"...tried to...but still same thing no tutorial so have no idea how to do that either.

"New: Neek2o Emunand Setup using the pre-made emunands"...by this time my head was really hurting.

so i've got around to testing the mame-wii portion of wiiflow. i'm testing the front end/emulator with tmnt.zip. i ran into a problem...a few actually, but i've been working thru them one by one...

-first: wiiflow would just go back to sources page after i was trying to start the rom; turns out i was trying to keep my old .ini files from abz's pack...and found out the mame-wii.ini is completely different from nintendont's pack. so fixed that by simple coping and pasting over abz's .ini.

-2nd: i got the game to load, and then got stuck on the blue copyright screen. says press OK or press the joystick left then right to continue....tried the wiimote, tried the classic controller, tried a usb keyboard...nothing...was going to jump on here and ask about that one...but i grabbed an old gamecube controller and left/right IT WORKED! I CAN SEE THE GAME PLAYING SINGING THE TMNT THEME SONG! HURRAY!! :)

nope

-3rd: now the game is playing...no controls work, not even trying to bring up the mame menu work. i'm checking the wiibrew page where it says what the controls are...nothing works; wii mote, classic controller, gamecube controller, usb keyboard ...okay i'm at my wits end here. i thought maybe the default.cfg file had been changed, but i downloaded sdl mame wii from wiibrew and looked at both files, they are exact. so i have no idea what is going on....

maybe its one of the upper things i couldn't figure out how to do...any help is appreciated

oh yeah i hacked my wii using xzxero's guide "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below" <unable to post link, srry :(> to the letter. so i am running 4.2U right now. was never able to install bootmii as boot2 though...it was never an option in the installers.

Edit: Oh no i posted this in the wrong forum....this is the wii u forum, not the wii forum...srry guys...i'll try to move it...

Edit2: okay i don't know how to move it...so i will just go post this over at the correct forum...the wii forum, not the wii u forum...can an admin delete this pls? i would but i really have no idea how too.

Edit3: OMG i can't post another thread for another 24 hours...can an admin move this post pls.:cry:

Last edited by jace633549,

jace633549

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

okay downloaded mame wii from wiibrew, and then installed that on the sd card. i started the mame-wii emulator from HBC. the gamecube controller allowed me to go into settings in menus, i noticed everthing was setup to only joy 1...nothing else....so i changed it all so that all the buttons worked, turned it off....it did not save -_-....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

UPDATE 2:

well i fixed it...but it was alot of trying stuff and it not working...

ty ty ty ty to @macntrash and his post on the thread "Is there a way to remove the 150 game limit on Wii MAME?" page 3, 4th post on that page.

now i just took his zip file MAME-Wii 10k.zip. and unzipped it to the sd card that i have Nintendont's mastermod pack. and i did something stupid...i replaced the mame-wii.dol file in plugins directory of wiiflow(i thought thats where the changes were), by the way, don't do this...tried to start the rom...takes me to the sdlmame wii title screen -_-....so don't do that. i deleted that .dol and put the old .dol back in the plugins directory. tried the rom again...it sings. now there is a couple of gripes and its not to macntrash...i don't know who if anyone is responsible with this, but the classic controllers sticks...they don't work...and the dang buttons are laggy and the d-pad just doesn't want to play right...now the gamecube controller...wow that thing sings, even the joystick works...this was the first time i ever beat tmnt...so once again, tytytyty @macntrash

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game