Homebrew Mario Kart 8 Ultimate, download the alpha now! 104 additional courses to the base game!

ProvidenceEG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
mk8loader doesn’t work with Aroma as it’s using a legacy .elf format that Aroma doesn’t support. Simple as that, sadly.
Hi all, first of all thanks for this great mod and all the work you put in here.
Unfortunately I am very confused on what I have to put in which folder.
I just migrated to Aroma and all I have is a plugin now which is sdcafiine.wps.
There is not sdcafine folder in the root or so ever.
I downloaded the files and I am struggeling now where to put what. On top I am running the European Pal version of the game.
I understand that I have to put this "Put in root folder for EUR version" in the root. So that will be the "mk8uloader" in the root then.
But were do I have to put the other folders as I don't have an elf. version of sdcafiine?
As the mk8uloader is in the root, do I still have to rename the folders of the other downloads?
Overall it is a little bit confusing even thoug I read through this chat.
Thanks for any help
You can use wii u plugin loader instead to run the mod.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use this mod on the aroma environment
It utilizes a plugin for the Wii U Plugin System, a .elf homebrew. Aroma can't handle .elf homebrew. So as of now, by my understanding, Aroma is not an environment that this can work in at this time.

However, someone had told me on Discord awhile ago that they should be able to get an Aroma version up and running. Haven't heard anything about that since, and that was a few months ago. For now, this is for Tiramisu or earlier, but I imagine if you keep an eye out, eventually someone will release an Aroma version of the plugin system or just the plugin specifically.

ErenUtkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey i talked with the moderators of aroma and they said that you have to port the mod they also said that i could port the mod but im to dumb for that
Post automatically merged:

you also need to port MK8U loader to aroma

Last edited by ErenUtkun,

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i talked with the moderators of aroma and they said that you have to port the mod they also said that i could port the mod but im to dumb for that

you also need to port MK8U loader to aroma
Yeah someone that knows what they're doing in that regard will have to be responsible for that. That person definitely isn't me haha.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but who is responsible then
I've been putting together the modpack if that's the question. Doesn't mean I have any clue of how to turn a WUPS plugin for Tiramisu and earlier into something that works in Aroma. Heck I still haven even used Aroma.

Maybe someone that knows what they're doing in this regard will help out with an Aroma port. But as things stand, there is no one that has to be responsible for such a thing, especially since it's always possible to easily switch between Aroma and Tiramisu upon starting up your Wii U.

ProvidenceEG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
but who is responsible then
I would suggest going on Discord for some help. Someone could probably help you load mk8uloader on Aroma

Which plugin loader is best for performance? I use the Wii U Plugin Loader and some tracks lag more than others.

ErenUtkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would suggest going on Discord for some help. Someone could probably help you load mk8uloader on Aroma

Which plugin loader is best for performance? I use the Wii U Plugin Loader and some tracks lag more than others.
no one can help

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I am having some trouble getting this mod to work. I copied the files to the root of the hard drive, booted it up, opened the patching program, all of that's running great so far. It's when I go to load the game, while the "Mario Kart 8 Ultimate" screen is loading, it crashes and gives me a black screen with this error message.

And I've copied the files to my sdcard twice. Any idea what this might be about?
So after some time I sat back down with this again. In the pass time since this post, I have switched an SD card and I just redownloaded this pack this morning. I am still getting the same error with the same filename. I even deleted and redownloaded the plugin app from the app store, just to be sure that I was up to date. Now to get it semi working in Aroma, I used the SDCaffiine plugin app. I copied the files into this location.

Code:
wiiu/sdcafiine/000500001010EC00/Mario Kart 8 Ultamite/content

The Mario Kart 8 Ultamite screen loads and I'm able to start a game. But when it comes to the screen selection pressing L and R does nothing. I think someone in this thread had the same issue trying to run it in Cemu. What's funny too is that I downloaded SDCaffiine for Tisemu in the app store, and it did just the same as it did in Aroma (with the sdcaffiine folder copied to the root). So I am still lost on why this isn't loading. I think I read somewhere that @MikaDubbz said that the mod needed more than just what SDCaffiine runs, so that might explane why that's not running correctly, but what's up with the Bowser file? @MikaDubbz, would you mind posting the file I labeled on here from your working copy of your mod just to be sure there's nothing wrong with the file itself? I'm just trying to think of things to rule out of the problem. Thanks man.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after some time I sat back down with this again. In the pass time since this post, I have switched an SD card and I just redownloaded this pack this morning. I am still getting the same error with the same filename. I even deleted and redownloaded the plugin app from the app store, just to be sure that I was up to date. Now to get it semi working in Aroma, I used the SDCaffiine plugin app. I copied the files into this location.

Code:
wiiu/sdcafiine/000500001010EC00/Mario Kart 8 Ultamite/content

The Mario Kart 8 Ultamite screen loads and I'm able to start a game. But when it comes to the screen selection pressing L and R does nothing. I think someone in this thread had the same issue trying to run it in Cemu. What's funny too is that I downloaded SDCaffiine for Tisemu in the app store, and it did just the same as it did in Aroma (with the sdcaffiine folder copied to the root). So I am still lost on why this isn't loading. I think I read somewhere that @MikaDubbz said that the mod needed more than just what SDCaffiine runs, so that might explane why that's not running correctly, but what's up with the Bowser file? @MikaDubbz, would you mind posting the file I labeled on here from your working copy of your mod just to be sure there's nothing wrong with the file itself? I'm just trying to think of things to rule out of the problem. Thanks man.
Going the SDCafiine route will never work in regards to getting this to work properly, it must be done as a separate plugin, I promise, try as you might SDcafiine can't expand the course selection. You can get the flair of the modpack with SDcafiine, but not the additional courses. You must use the plugin to fully experience it. At this time you can't play the full experience in Aroma due WUPS being a .elf homebrew. So if you wish to play this (at least at this time) you must switch to Tiramisu or earlier cfw.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

ProvidenceEG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Will there soon be a more opitmized version of online. Me and my friend noticed that if we choose a track from two different pages, we both won't be on the same race track (e.x. my friend chose waluigi pinball and I chose crystal luma lagoon. When the game loaded up, our screens looked completely different).

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there soon be a more opitmized version of online. Me and my friend noticed that if we choose a track from two different pages, we both won't be on the same race track (e.x. my friend chose waluigi pinball and I chose crystal luma lagoon. When the game loaded up, our screens looked completely different).
I will not be focusing on online at all. I couldn't tell you if its even possible for this to be online safe with optimization. Focus is just for local play.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wish there was a patcher that takes the original game, patches it and alters the Title ID + icon so we can install it to the home menu without touching the original Mario Kart 8.
Similar to those Wiimm patches for the Wii hacks.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the Update have a new course selection?
Yes, plan is for 2 versions at this point thanks to the amount of custom MK8 courses now available and 104 being the limit to the amount of courses with the plugin. I've had this on hold for awhile, but I do think I'll get back to work on it this week with the amount of time it looks like I'll have free.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1