Mario Rabbids RPG Is Real And Coming To Switch. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

apvrtvchfzkfy0os43y0.jpg

Mario Odyssey isn't the only Mario experience we'll be getting later this year.

Kotaku has recently leaked that the Mario and Rabbids crossover RPG is real and will be coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch later this fall.

Although the person who sent the assets asked us not to share them, they corroborate the existence of a bizarre crossover RPG that’s currently scheduled to come to Switch in either August or September. Ubisoft is developing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on the publisher’s proprietary Snowdrop engine, according to the assets we’ve seen. The game’s selling points appear to be a) turn-based combat, b) two-player local co-op, and c) a goofy sense of humor. (The art we’ve seen features Mario and crew wielding guns that shoot laser beams.)

The game will apparently have eight playable characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and, bizarrely, four Rabbids dressed up as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach.

________________________________​

I for one, a completely unbiased person in this matter, think this will be the greatest game of all time and that all other RPG's should be canceled so that this perfect game can take the spotlight. I'd like to point out I take full credit for the existence of this game. It was made for me.

Last edited by chavosaur,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf? I thought rabbits being the bosses of super mario odeissy was the real Xover. Didn't expect Nintendo and ubisoft to do this.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given that it's an Ubisoft game on a Nintendo console, this means the game will feature screen tearing, the transparent face-bug and sub 30 fps framerates :lol:
And they'll delay the Nintendo version why they make ports for Microsoft and Sony and proceed to beg Nintendo to publish it on those consoles.

munnimann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just want a legit sequel to Rayman 2 & 3 with proper story and dialogue. I loved Rayman Origins, but it's not quite the same.

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
"I for one, a completely unbiased person in this matter, think this will be the greatest game of all time and that all other RPG's should be canceled so that this perfect game can take the spotlight. I'd like to point out I take full credit for the existence of this game. It was made for me."

Then that means the world will finally end.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying the game can't be good, but it can't be good they are taking the place of other Mario characters or better crossovers. Like, even Rayman would have been better.

Would I buy it, if the games is good? Yes. Would I stop thinking this was a wasted opportunity? No. I wouldn't want it to fail either, 'cause like it or not, this could hurt the chances for other and better crossovers.

Rabbids confirmed for Mario Kart 8 dlc!
Don't give them any ideas.

I am kind of excited that there is a Mario crossover that isn't the usual Sonic.
If anything, it is surprising we didn't get a Mario X Sonic RPG before... this.

Last edited by KingVamp,
D

Deleted User

This is the equivalent of making a jar jar binks & star trek crossover

Last edited by ,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhh and were already seeing mario "insert something" game.

@chavosaur

clear here that anything with mario, people will love and if others think wtf, its negativity.

ohh my days, this is one of the reasons i dislike nintendo, this was partly the problem for the cube being littered with mario "insert something" games.

so we can already see one shovel ware crap title.... is this its improved third party support?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, who knows what this will become ...

"Collect all 151 Rabbids and kick their asses so that they will help you "out of their own will" to fight bowser ! If you preoder you get the legendary golden Rabbid with level over 9000!" XD

or maybe the RPG part involves mario and the palyer of course to sit there for many hours to learn rabbid language ( do they speak? ) and getting hilarious quests from them like drinking lots of beer and taking some weird drugs without killing yourself XD

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ohhh and were already seeing mario "insert something" game.

@chavosaur

clear here that anything with mario, people will love and if others think wtf, its negativity.

ohh my days, this is one of the reasons i dislike nintendo, this was partly the problem for the cube being littered with mario "insert something" games.

so we can already see one shovel ware crap title.... is this its improved third party support?
yeah man just look at all the people in this thread loving it
except everyone is saying how much they hate it

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My only real problem with this isn't the idea behind it, but for some reason they can't pump out better Mario and Sonic crossover games. They can make a game like this a reality, but fuck having Sonic and Mario in an RPG together. Just mildly upset about that.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong