Microsoft adjusts Xbox One DRM policies, online check-ins and used game complications are history

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, yes...They are not true gamers, just salespeople. I consider their policies to be a scourge of the gaming universe, NOT a friend to the gamers.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too little too late MS
this would be the equivalent of someone trying to buy say a tv off craigslist, you show up to the address to buy the tv and someone jumps out with a knife demands all your money, then you pull out a glock and say no I don't think so, and then the person says well you're still going to buy the tv right?

Reactions: kehkou

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
:rofl2: Yeah...wasn't funny at the time though...I almost got banned from that store. Idiots.

Idiots indeed. That is ridiculous.

And yes, my local gaming store suffers the same problem. They are complete morons. I thought GAMERS worked at gaming stores. Not people that play Angry Birds on their Android devices..

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And yes, my local gaming store suffers the same problem. They are complete morons. I thought GAMERS worked at gaming stores. Not people that play Angry Birds on their Android devices..
I went to sell a gamecube the next week, and they refused to buy ANYTHING from me. eventually I guess they forgot me; years later I sold them the most expensive PS3-2 model at the time...for 48 bucks.:huh:

But I digress...back on topic before we piss off Costello the frickin forum lion!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, yes...They are not true gamers, just salespeople. I consider their policies to be a scourge of the gaming universe, NOT a friend to the gamers.

Gaming elitism! Gaming elitism everywhere!

I mean I understand that GameStop employees can be annoying. But that's no reason to bash or question their status as "true" gamers. Plus you have to remember that most of the guys there are minimum wage. If you were in their position, would you be motivated to better educate yourself on every aspect of gaming including ones you didn't care about (think of a genre or system you don't care for, as an example)? Remember, you likely wouldn't get a raise for doing so.

Reactions: Gahars

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean I understand that GameStop employees can be annoying. But that's no reason to bash or question their status as "true" gamers. Plus you have to remember that most of the guys there are minimum wage. If you were in their position, would you be motivated to better educate yourself on every aspect of gaming including ones you didn't care about (think of a genre or system you don't care for, as an example)? Remember, you likely wouldn't get a raise for doing so.
I think knowing 'your stuff' should be a prerequisite, besides, I've known true gamers to work there, but they few and far between.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think knowing 'your stuff' should be a prerequisite, besides, I've known true gamers to work there, but they few and far between.

I don't know I went to lamestop last week and I had to wait like an hour in line with 1 person in front of me trading in a ps3, the guy behind the counter would not shut up talking to the guy trading in his ps3, when I heard they were offering him $2 for his move controller I offered to buy it for $5, but the employee would not allow it in the store, finally after waiting like an hour to buy a used hdmi, I heard the price, $22 dollars for a USED hdmi cable, which I had just priced at the cvs next door for $12, I told them that I could buy a brand new one for 10$ less and they tried to tell me they offered a return warranty or some bullshit LOL, so I walked out LOLing

Reactions: kehkou

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know I went to lamestop last week and I had to wait like an hour in line with 1 person in front of me trading in a ps3, the guy behind the counter would not shut up talking to the guy trading in his ps3, when I heard they were offering him $2 for his move controller I offered to buy it for $5, but the employee would not allow it in the store, finally after waiting like an hour to buy a used hdmi, I heard the price, $22 dollars for a USED hdmi cable, which I had just priced at the cvs next door for $12, I told them that I could buy a brand new one for 10$ less and they tried to tell me they offered a return warranty or some bullshit LOL, so I walked out LOLing
ha-ha! Lamestop! I proposed to buy stuff from people selling and offering more than GS would...and less than what GS would flip it for, just to stick it in there face (and pay less/ offer him more).
Sounds like you should have invited him to step outside...they can't stop you outside.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with you, if they would actually pay decently for such a prerequisite. Think about it this way: you have two potential job offers. Both pay minimum wage, but one requires special unpaid knowledge and studying outside of work time. Which one is a better offer, considering that?

You see what I mean? I mean, I definitely agree they should know their stuff. I'm just saying that they don't get paid to know that stuff, so I can't blame them for not educating themselves out of some ethical obligation or whatever to the company that doesn't increase their pay accordingly.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I understand what you're saying, believe me, I do. But to employ a person that thinks the PS2 came with a HDMI cable is just irresponsible. A person working in a gaming store should now the basics. If they make that sort of mistakes, who knows what other catastrophes they cause?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you're saying, believe me, I do. But to employ a person that thinks the PS2 came with a HDMI cable is just irresponsible. A person working in a gaming store should now the basics. If they make that sort of mistakes, who knows what other catastrophes they cause?
Agreed. Some things should just be obvious from working there.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with you, if they would actually pay decently for such a prerequisite. Think about it this way: you have two potential job offers. Both pay minimum wage, but one requires special unpaid knowledge and studying outside of work time. Which one is a better offer, considering that?

You see what I mean? I mean, I definitely agree they should know their stuff. I'm just saying that they don't get paid to know that stuff, so I can't blame them for not educating themselves out of some ethical obligation or whatever to the company that doesn't increase their pay accordingly.
And for that they lost my patronage; I'd rather buy from walmart chanters. Also, I said prerequisite i.e. Already know all required knowledge at time of hire. No extra studying. Not to be 'Game guru's' but to at least know a ps2 doesn't even support HDMI.
Besides how many non-dev jobs are out there that pay for special knowledge of games, Reviewer comes to mind.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And for that they lost my patronage; I'd rather buy from walmart chanters. Also, I said prerequisite i.e. Already know all required knowledge at time of hire. No extra studying.
Besides how many non-dev jobs are out there that pay for special knowledge of games, Reviewer comes to mind.
It doesn't matter if they should have the knowledge before hire. The point is that at that point, it's no longer an entry level job, and hence they should be paid more than an entry level wage.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it costs them customers, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. I know of no jobs (in NM at least) that would consider knowing what plug goes where "special paid knowledge". Its just common sense, even for technophobes.

wookiejedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if I'll buy the xbone or the ps4, I am leaning towards the wiiu first because mario but I like the xbone name just because it lends itself to many catch phrases.

GET BONED, WITH THE XBONE!

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
idk if I'll buy the xbone or the ps4, I am leaning towards the wiiu first because mario but I like the xbone name just because it lends itself to many catch phrases.

GET BONED, WITH THE XBONE!

Well I agree with part of that.

I'm buying a WiiU as soon as possible simply because its price does not make you drop your pants.

As soon as the Xbone and PS4 do that, I might buy both of them, in time. I'll probably leave the PS4 for last.

But buying an Xbone because it lends itself catchy phrases is one of those mistakes that might make you roll around in your grave, 80 years from now friend.

I wouldn't ._.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some MS fans almost begun to defend this DRM system, but suddenly MS cancelled it. It's so funny to watch this circus.
People of all "fan" followings have supported DRM. I still support DRM. There has been a large miseducation of DRM.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some MS fans almost begun to defend this DRM system, but suddenly MS cancelled it. It's so funny to watch this circus.
I'm no "MS fan" (I use Windows 7, but only really because it came with my laptop and it's widely used so has plenty of software; I can't think of any actual MS software I ever use. Got an original Xbox recently at a car boot sale, purely because it was cheap with a bunch of games so I figured "why not?"), but their "DRM" was a fantastic step forward and now they've taken a big step back and ruined all their progress, destroying several of the best features of the Xbox One (IMO).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol